Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Sneek Peek: Animatic Mock-Up Of Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

This doesn't seem very different than LadyBug Boogie that is what, 200 feet away from where this will be? Looks like the only difference is the theming and the fact that the trailers spin.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Romantic View Post
    I don't think you can judge too much based on these two threads. Both the animatic and the flying tires testing is concerned with the mechanics of the rides. This is about the same as the marquee Cars Land attraction, which is currently a car going around a big dirt ditch. Theming of the environment and vehicles is what will make or break these attractions, as with most things Disney. It's even possible that the Flying Tires will end up more visually interesting than the lost Tomorrowland ride that inspired them.
    Junkyard tire theming is definitely demonstrates a higher degree of creativity...just based on the mere idea alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Goofy View Post
    Sweet! Thanks for the video! I can already feel myslef spinning around :P
    The pleasure is all mine, Goofy Goof.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lE_AUvXPjQ"]YouTube- You spin me right round (like a record) Alvin and the chipmunks amv movie scenes[/ame]
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-19-2010 at 12:49 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    This doesn't seem very different than LadyBug Boogie that is what, 200 feet away from where this will be? Looks like the only difference is the theming and the fact that the trailers spin.
    The fact that the trailers spin should make a tremendous difference...plus the vehicles should be considerably larger than LadyBug Boogy. I agree though, Clinks, that the two flat rides will be essentially similar in terms of functionality. I remember that you had posted in the past that you are a fan of whip rides. Can't wait for Disney to build this one!

• Banned User

looks like its gonna make you sick

• keh!

eh, i'm not convinced that it looks exciting. the early concepts were cool and seemed like you would go around stacks of tires and under arches of tires, it looked fun. but now it's just Francis with an extra circle in the link. that and swaying cars. that's just not enough for me to go crazy over. they may be offering a "new" ride but it certainly feels like a repeat of the past when it comes to building on cheap. it'll be fun for about 20 seconds and before the ride is over i'll be asking "what's next?" then again, disney's spinner rides are always really short, and i may be on and off in 20 seconds, lol.

i hope they smash my doubts.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flickering bulb View Post
    eh, i'm not convinced that it looks exciting. The early concepts were cool and seemed like you would go around stacks of tires and under arches of tires, it looked fun. But now it's just francis with an extra circle in the link. That and swaying cars. That's just not enough for me to go crazy over. They may be offering a "new" ride but it certainly feels like a repeat of the past when it comes to building on cheap. It'll be fun for about 20 seconds and before the ride is over i'll be asking "what's next?" then again, disney's spinner rides are always really short, and i may be on and off in 20 seconds, lol.

I hope they smash my doubts.
    +9

• time to go

The ride technology seems almost identical to Ladybug Boogie, which begs the question:

Will Mater's Junkyard Jamboree break down as often as Ladybug Boogie?
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    The ride technology seems almost identical to Ladybug Boogie, which begs the question:

You have a strong point there and an excellent question. FLB has been nortoriusly known to have frequent breakdowns when it first opened.

I would venture to say that maybe in the first few months, yes it will break often because it would have busgs to work out. Overtime they will get better at mainting the ride like they have for FLB.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Senior Minion

I would suspect, based on the movie, that Mater also comes out from time to time and "spooks" the tractors, which could lead to them "tipping" and other behaviors. We'll have to wait and see.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Consider me unimpressed, DCA doesn't need more ugly carnival attractions, we need smaller scale dark rides that people of all ages can enjoy. I also think this theme reinforces the cheap look this attraction is going to have. Whoever thought theming a Disney attraction off of a junkyard was a good idea must have a screw loose. Just because the idea worked in a movie doesn't mean it would in real life when impressions are everything. How times have changed..... Instead of receiving the detail and elegance of New Orleans Square now we get areas and attractions that look like junkyards...... Heck they weren't even original creating the ride system.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    .. Instead of receiving the detail and elegance of New Orleans Square now we get areas and attractions that look like junkyards...... Heck they weren't even original creating the ride system.
    Haven't you heard of shabby chic?!
    BUT you do bring up an interesting point [[puffs cigar]] Disney has built more lands, restaurants, and attractions with a shabby and decidedly worn out look over time. They may be aiming for realism with the general aesthetics of Animal kingdom but the industrial look of HPB, the rusty Pacific wharf, and now the dingy matters junk yard jamboree all seem to safe in design.

Rather than replicating real life I want to see disney create "fantastic things based on the real" as Walt put it.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I figured it out. They are slowly building each of the Bugsland rides better in another location so that the land as a whole can be replaced!

The Paradise Park water fountain replaces Dot's puddle park, the Junk Yard Jamboree replaces Francis', the new Roamin' Tires will replace Tuck n' Rolls with a retro Disneyland spin and Heimlich's gives way to uhmmm.. the Red Cars..?
    [/wishful speculation]

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    The fact that the trailers spin should make a tremendous difference...plus the vehicles should be considerably larger than LadyBug Boogy. I agree though, Clinks, that the two flat rides will be essentially similar in terms of functionality. I remember that you had posted in the past that you are a fan of whip rides. Can't wait for Disney to build this one!
    I LOVE the few "Classic" whip rides I have ridden ... I just hope this isn't toned-down because it's Disney.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    looks like its gonna make you sick
    I'll test drive it before I invite Cinderella to be my hover buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    eh, i'm not convinced that it looks exciting. the early concepts were cool and seemed like you would go around stacks of tires and under arches of tires, it looked fun. but now it's just Francis with an extra circle in the link. that and swaying cars. that's just not enough for me to go crazy over. they may be offering a "new" ride but it certainly feels like a repeat of the past when it comes to building on cheap. it'll be fun for about 20 seconds and before the ride is over i'll be asking "what's next?" then again, disney's spinner rides are always really short, and i may be on and off in 20 seconds, lol.

i hope they smash my doubts.
    According to the concept artwork, it still looks to me like the tires will shoot around stacks of tires,i.e. looks like the riders will negotiate the tire stacks. I never have thought that the vehicles would travel under arches of tires. This doesn't mean that they will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ckelef1 View Post
    +9
    Well put, Ckeleft!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post

One of the responders to this thread topin said that they believe that the tires will frequently breakdown at first...but that disney would make adjustments to tweek the ride into highly dependable perormance.

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    You have a strong point there and an excellent question. FLB has been nortoriusly known to have frequent breakdowns when it first opened.

I would venture to say that maybe in the first few months, yes it will break often because it would have busgs to work out. Overtime they will get better at mainting the ride like they have for FLB.
    Ah! This is the opptimistic post that I was referring to above.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    I would suspect, based on the movie, that Mater also comes out from time to time and "spooks" the tractors, which could lead to them "tipping" and other behaviors. We'll have to wait and see.
    Somehow or other, the imagineers will work tire tipping into this attraction. After all, it's a major event in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Consider me unimpressed, DCA doesn't need more ugly carnival attractions, we need smaller scale dark rides that people of all ages can enjoy. I also think this theme reinforces the cheap look this attraction is going to have. Whoever thought theming a Disney attraction off of a junkyard was a good idea must have a screw loose. Just because the idea worked in a movie doesn't mean it would in real life when impressions are everything. How times have changed..... Instead of receiving the detail and elegance of New Orleans Square now we get areas and attractions that look like junkyards...... Heck they weren't even original creating the ride system.
    Never say never. Perhaps smaller scaled darkrides will be new additions that are added to Cars Land at some point after the debut of the land. That would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir.Mouse View Post
    Haven't you heard of shabby chic?!
    BUT you do bring up an interesting point [[puffs cigar]] Disney has built more lands, restaurants, and attractions with a shabby and decidedly worn out look over time. They may be aiming for realism with the general aesthetics of Animal kingdom but the industrial look of HPB, the rusty Pacific wharf, and now the dingy matters junk yard jamboree all seem to safe in design.

Rather than replicating real life I want to see disney create "fantastic things based on the real" as Walt put it.
    Walt had such a wonderful way of describing his objectives. Thanks for reminding us of this Sir Mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    I figured it out. Theare slowly building each of the Bugsland rides better in another location so that the land as a whole can be replaced!

The Paradise Park water fountain replaces Dot's puddle park, the Junk Yard Jamboree replaces Francis', the new Roamin' Tires will replace Tuck n' Rolls with a retro Disneyland spin and Heimlich's gives way to uhmmm.. the Red Cars..?
    [/wishful speculation]
    It's an anti - "Bugsland" conspiracy.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

This has way to much proof for the conspiracy label. I deem it a rumour. lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast