• Across From DL

Cool Walt's Appartment

Does Anyone know if at the end of the night if a CM turns off the lamp in the window or does it always stay on even with no guests in the park?

Re: Walt's Appartment

When I worked there, i stayed some late nights after hours and always saw it on
    5 days a week

• Resident Swing Addict

It's always kept on as a memory of Walt.

• Across From DL

Wink Re: Walt's Appartment

Are you 2 sure have you watched the Disneyland Fun VHS/DVD ? take a good look when they are singing "Whistle While You Work" It's Off!

it remains on, day and night, 24/7.

edit to add: except during the holidays, when it is replaced with a small lit Christmas Tree, as told by Tim O'Day

(thank you ganggreen4jc)
    Last edited by MinionLumbo; 11-10-2005 at 07:41 PM.

• Namaste and Good Luck

There's an old story where the night after Walt passed, the cleaning lady went up to the apt. to clean it and she turned off the light. When she got outside of the apt. she saw that the light was back on. So she went up and turned it off again. She got back downstairs and it was on again. I think she tried 3 times. Since then, the light has never been turned off. When the bulb burns out, it is replaced right away. There is also a clock up in the apt that a city hall manager winds up on the first of every month. I took a tour up there with the rest of the eastside and westside stores leads. It was very interesting. Walt also had a patio built up there for him and his wife. You can see it if you look between the peaked roofs of City Hall and the Fire Station. There is a fence in front of the patio, so no one really pays attention to it. But there is a nice view of Main Street from up there. I loved the tour we had. It was a great experience.
    Rebel Justin
    Back & Reporting for Duty!

My CM Tenure: 1/11/03 - 5/30/06; 3/5/11-?
    Tomorrowland Stores

Wanna take a tour of Walt's Apartment?

www.ocregister.com/multimedia/disneyapartment

• UH..LIKE DUH..

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Justin
    There's an old story where the night after Walt passed, the cleaning lady went up to the apt. to clean it and she turned off the light. When she got outside of the apt. she saw that the light was back on. So she went up and turned it off again. She got back downstairs and it was on again. I think she tried 3 times. Since then, the light has never been turned off. When the bulb burns out, it is replaced right away. There is also a clock up in the apt that a city hall manager winds up on the first of every month. I took a tour up there with the rest of the eastside and westside stores leads. It was very interesting. Walt also had a patio built up there for him and his wife. You can see it if you look between the peaked roofs of City Hall and the Fire Station. There is a fence in front of the patio, so no one really pays attention to it. But there is a nice view of Main Street from up there. I loved the tour we had. It was a great experience.
    There was also a glass of Scotch that always kept refilling itself and and an ashtray that somehow was full every morning. You don't want to know about the toilet.

• I Heart Disney!!!

On the 50th tour the guide told us thath the lamp stays on at all time!!