Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Animation Domination

First time at Club 33 for Lunch? Help!

Me and a couple of friends are going to Club 33 for lunch next month and I have questions.

What can we wear (guys/girls) when we are going to have lunch at Club 33?
    How much is the average price for food? tips?
    What is recommended for lunch?
    What kind of beer does the club have?
    What other surprises should I suspect?

Thanks
    "You are watching FOX"

• Rock Star Minion

Re: First time at Club 33 for Lunch? Help!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Me and a couple of friends are going to Club 33 for lunch next month and I have questions.

1. What can we wear (guys/girls) when we are going to have lunch at Club 33?
    2. How much is the average price for food? tips?
    3. What is recommended for lunch?
    4. What kind of beer does the club have?
    5. What other surprises should I suspect?

Thanks
    1. Something nicer than basic park attire. Yes, it will suck to be in the park in not-basic park attire in August. If you don't want to go, I'll go in your stead. (Bring separate clothes. That's what I'd do.)
    2. = one-day park entrance. Not sure if it's the one=park or two-park fee.
    3. Eat anything you like. It's all about equal in quality, but your taste buds are unique. Have everyone in your party order different foods, so you can sample them all.
    4. No idea.
    5. The ghost of Walt Disney travels through on the 33rd minute of each hour. Be the first to take a picture of it/him.
    Last edited by sediment; 07-19-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• show'em yer larboard side

1. Every time I've eaten there, most men have been in slacks and polos and most women have been in skirts or slacks or sometimes very nice-looking jeans (mostly in winter). No shorts, tank tops, revealing attire, etc. Like Sediment, I'd also suggest bringing something to change into.

2. The price of a meal runs about $97/adult, or the price of a one day park hopper ticket. Tips and alcohol are extra and can really add up. You'll pick up your complimentary Club 33 park hoppers at guest services.

3. There's almost always a beef, fish, and veggie option on the menu. Sometimes there'll be lamb or chicken. The food is seasonal, but here is an example of February's menu:

I've personally tried all of the entrees on this particular menu and they are all delicious. It just depends on what you like.

4. I've never had a beer at the Club, so I couldn't tell you. I've only ever had cocktails (which are pretty amazing).

5. You might be lucky enough to see a character or two, depending on what day you go. Definitely ride the lift. Don't be afraid to look around. Enjoy the view of NOS from the balcony. Steal some hand towels from the bathroom; they're just paper, so it's totally legal. Bring some extra cash for souvenirs from the case down the hall as you head to your table. Non-members can purchase anything that does not specifically say "member" on it. Ask to keep the pen you sign the check with if the CM does not offer it to you (they should).

Enjoy the meal and don't forget to relax and savor the opportunity to dine at the Club!

"No fear have ye of evil curses, says you? Properly warned ye be, says I. Who knows when that evil curse will strike the greedy beholders of this bewitched treasure?"

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

"Perhaps ye knows too much. Ye've seen the cursed treasure, ye know where it be hidden. Now, proceed at yer own risk. These be the last friendly words ye'll hear. Ye may not survive to pass this way again."

Pardon my confusion, but is an actual admission ticket to Disneyland given along with a reservation ticket? And if so, can the admission ticket be used on a later date?

• show'em yer larboard side

Quote Originally Posted by Belle Zen Whistles View Post
    Pardon my confusion, but is an actual admission ticket to Disneyland given along with a reservation ticket? And if so, can the admission ticket be used on a later date?
    You make a reservation at the Club for a specific date and time. The morning of your meal, a park-hopper ticket is available for you to pick up at guest services. It is only valid for use that day. You cannot save your Club 33 Complimentary Park-Hopper for later use.

Here is a photo of a Club 33 ticket valid for 1/25/09 (please ignore the cat hair on the ottoman):

I hope that answers your question.

"No fear have ye of evil curses, says you? Properly warned ye be, says I. Who knows when that evil curse will strike the greedy beholders of this bewitched treasure?"

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

"Perhaps ye knows too much. Ye've seen the cursed treasure, ye know where it be hidden. Now, proceed at yer own risk. These be the last friendly words ye'll hear. Ye may not survive to pass this way again."

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post

What can we wear (guys/girls) when we are going to have lunch at Club 33?
    How much is the average price for food? tips?
    What is recommended for lunch?
    What kind of beer does the club have?
    What other surprises should I suspect?

Thanks
    I'll just answer your question regarding dress...

Personally, I think that dressing up for Club 33 can be excessive, especially in the middle of the summer. Every time I visit Club 33, I wear clean denim pants (nothing torn) and a collared shirt like a polo. When you go, especially during lunch, you're going to find that you'll fit right in. Dinner can be a bit more formal, but it's still acceptable to be casual yet presentable.

Casual dress is completely acceptable at Club 33 as they understand that formal attire isn't practical in the parks. Just make sure you look clean and presentable.

You can call the Club at 714-781-4033 if you want to make sure all your questions are appropriately answered.

I went yesterday for lunch. I wore shorts and a t-shirt with sneakers. It was really hot so I didn't care. I was dressed fine. A person in the party ahead of me though did get turned away because he was wearing flip-flops and they have a strict no beachware rule. He was told to go to his car for other shoes or to go buy some in downtown disney. Everything on the menu is $85. Sunday "brunch" includes a glass of Champaign or cider. From 12-2 on sundays they have 2 characters (Mickey and Pluto) go from table to table. I adored the macaroni salad at the buffet yesterday. It as my 3d time going for lunch and I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by DLmeg33 View Post
    You make a reservation at the Club for a specific date and time. The morning of your meal, a park-hopper ticket is available for you to pick up at guest services. It is only valid for use that day. You cannot save your Club 33 Complimentary Park-Hopper for later use.

I hope that answers your question.
    Okay, thank you. I have an AP and my date does not. I'm surprising him with lunch at the Club, so I'll tell him I took care of his ticket and I hope he didn't buy one already.

As an AP, my Parkhopper seems kind of...wasted. Is that the case or is there some kind of alternative in my situation?

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    I went yesterday for lunch. I wore shorts and a t-shirt with sneakers. It was really hot so I didn't care. I was dressed fine. A person in the party ahead of me though did get turned away because he was wearing flip-flops and they have a strict no beachware rule. He was told to go to his car for other shoes or to go buy some in downtown disney.
    This rule applies even if you are wearing nice flip-flops. Leather sandal type flip flops are just as unacceptable.
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Hukuna Matata!

Very Lucky! I hope you guys have a wonderful time! Once in a lifetime experience.

• Here's my 2 cents

nice jeans, polo shirt and clean tennies are fine, I try to wear a collared button down shirt (usually Park related, i.e Mickey Mouse aloha shirt)

Lunch is $72pp not including beverages, lots of different beers, I dont drink beer but my brother had a Bud and a Newcastle.

well as a rule i double the sales tax for a tip but in the club Im a wee bit more generous

everything on the menu is great, ive had 'em all, they're all great.

surprizes? hmmm, Ill tell you not to be suprized by the outstanding service and experience, and take your time and enjoy it!
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Minion

Clothing - Jeans are acceptable, as are walking shorts, with a polo for lunch. No flip flops of ANY kind. Dinner, no shorts AT ALL, not even capris. For men, slacks, for women slacks or a dress.

Prices - Lunch - Mon-Sat is $72 plus drinks, tax, and tip (forget 15%, needs to be 18-20%.) Sun is $82 plus drinks, tax, and tip. Without alcohol, figure $95 per person for lunch. ($105 on Sundays.)

I love the chateaubriand, my kids have tried more items and like the pasta and the chicken. At lunch, you will have an appetizer bar (seafood, salads, breads, soups) and a dessert bar. Then you order an entree.

Dinner is a regular menu, and I highly recommend the Artisian Cheese plate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the 3 way Chocolate dessert!

Things to do? Take pics of the balconies, take pics in the phone booth, get a pic with your server, ask questions! Take a look at the harpsicord, Elton John has played it.

Enjoy the atmosphere! It is a blast!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Animation Domination

Thank you everyone for the advice
    "You are watching FOX"

• Future Imagineer

One thing that you should get is the exclusive Club 33 Mickey Ears if you are into them.

• Looking for Heavens Light

Quote Originally Posted by Belle Zen Whistles View Post
    Okay, thank you. I have an AP and my date does not. I'm surprising him with lunch at the Club, so I'll tell him I took care of his ticket and I hope he didn't buy one already.

As an AP, my Parkhopper seems kind of...wasted. Is that the case or is there some kind of alternative in my situation?
    There is no alternative nor "discount" for being an AP. You can give that ticket to someone else (although they will not be able to go to the club with you) or enter each park with a different ticket, and now you have the ability to get two fastpasses at the same time! (WoC included!)

As for prices, I was there for lunch in March and my portion of the bill (Main dish, Fruit Punch, and a Midori Sour) came to about $120 with tip. I kept some extra napkins and the skewers the drinks come with as tokens of the best day of my life!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast