Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Question Does Fantasmic need to up its game due to WOC?

One of the most frequent reviews I've heard about WOC is that Fantasmic now looks all the more its age now. I think there's more than enough room for the two of them. I saw WOC again yesterday, and after it reduced yet another of mine friends to tears, I'm still absolutely amazed by the show in a way I've never been affected by Fantasmic. It's much more of a fun show. Meant to have cool effects and tell a little Disney story at the same time. WOC is a more epic, thematic symphony. More like the fireworks. Without need of a story. So my question is, is there a preservation that needs to be made to the older style of Fantasmic, which has been lightly updated, but never completely overhauled. Or does it need to be given the enhancements that would make it hold up against WOC? I love the show as it is, don't get me wrong, but do shows need to updated for the latest technology, when we preserve old fashion rides? It is going on 20 years old after all. I don't have much of a feeling on this, so what do you guys think?

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

Re: Does Fantasmic need to up its game due to WOC?

Fantasmic as it is is SO much better than world of color. I love the new dragon, its such an amazing thing to see when you get off the train in new orleans having never seen it before! breathtaking!!!
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

Having not seen WoC yet (I know, grr!), I can't really comment. In fact, I don't even know why I'm posting in this thread. lol.

I do absolutely LOVE Fantasmic! though.

• I'm a fiddle player......

Didnt they just update F! with new lights, projectors, croc, eels, leds on the princess barges, the new lasers and well the dragon. I think F! even after 20 years is still the premiere night time offering at the resort. WOC is an awesome show but is just better.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Arrow Re: Does Fantasmic need to up its game due to WOC?

I've actually pondered a few times what Fantasmic! would be like if a few scenes were to be changed or if the show were to be completely redone. A few ideas I've come up with are as follows:

• Swap out the elephants in the "Elephants" segment to those of playing cards from "Alice In Wonderland." Have the mist screens show the Queen Of Hearts yelling, "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!," in reference to Mickey.

• Insert a "Sleeping Beauty" segment somewhere within the show that utilizes the water wheel on Pirates Lair at Tom Sawyer Island. As the scene of Aurora becoming mesmorized by the spinning wheel's glow plays out on the mist screens, the water wheel would transform into a gigantic spinning wheel. Represented by various lights within the trees, Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather would be seen making their way towards the stage.

• And my most controversial idea...remove Murphy. Yes, you read that correctly. Remove Murphy to make way for a new villain. This new villain would be Jafar from "Aladdin." During the climactic finale, Mickey would fight Jafar as the insanely powerful and scary snake.

:Prepares thyself for the lynching:

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreams714 View Post
    Fantasmic as it is is SO much better than world of color. I love the new dragon, its such an amazing thing to see when you get off the train in new orleans having never seen it before! breathtaking!!!
    ^^This^^ F! already wins over WoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post

• Swap out the elephants in the "Elephants" segment to those of playing cards from "Alice In Wonderland." Have the mist screens show the Queen Of Hearts yelling, "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!," in reference to Mickey.
    Yes!

• Insert a "Sleeping Beauty" segment somewhere within the show that utilizes the water wheel on Pirates Lair at Tom Sawyer Island. As the scene of Aurora becoming mesmorized by the spinning wheel's glow plays out on the mist screens, the water wheel would transform into a gigantic spinning wheel. Represented by various lights within the trees, Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather would be seen making their way towards the stage.

Yes, and Yes!

• And my most controversial idea...remove Murphy. Yes, you read that correctly. Remove Murphy to make way for a new villain. This new villain would be Jafar from "Aladdin." During the climactic finale, Mickey would fight Jafar as the insanely powerful and scary snake.
    Ummm, No....Hell No.

As much as I enjoyed World of Color; Fantasmic remains my favorite show at the parks.

• Disney Fan & Musician

I don't think it needs to step up its game exactly. They're two different experiences, and I don't believe they should be compared.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Parking Lot > DCA

No. I watched F! for the first time in quite a while last night from the preferred area and I think that show blows WoC out of the water, literally. I just can't get into it.

• Banned User

I agree they shouldn't be compared exactly, but on a technical/visual level F! doesn't even touch WOC. Obviously people are gonna have a favorite, but WOC is a game changer for Disney entertainment. Maybe instead of visual changes, F! should have its story revised? Again, WOC plays much harder on the emotions, while F! is more on the fun side

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

I still much prefer Fantasmic! Updates and tweaks are welcome, but I think it surpasses World of Color just as it is (though that's no insult to WoC).

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I disagree here. Pink elephants on parade transitions and rolls smoothly from the jungle book scene.

This would be somewhat interesting to see.

If this was Florida's show. I wouldn't mind seeing that since theirs is more modern Disney, but with classic Disney such as our show... no.

• Banned User

Yeah, the Jafar Snake doesn't work. The DW version of F! is notoriously bad. Plus it's currently featured in the Aladdin show, which is showing no signs of leaving.

• Disney is home

The problem with using the water wheel, would be that there would be a limited amount of the audience that would be able to see this. Anyone on the left side of the island would either not be able to see it all or have a very hard time seeing it.

• Banned User

I like WOrld of COlor more than F!

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast