Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

Question How to get a job at Disneyland?

This topic Im sure has been covered at one point or another so forgive me if it has... Im wondering how do you go about getting a job at Disneyland...where do you go to apply, what comes next, how often do they hire ? Im interested in all the details you need to know to get hired!

Thanks!
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

• Yeah.....

Re: How to get a job at Disneyland?

thanks
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

• Banned User

First, start off with the application; you can go to TDA in person, or do it at home, makes no difference since it's the same thing on the computer.

If they think you're worthy, they'll give you a "personality test"; this is a computer survey that asks what kind of person you are and if you're the right kind of person for Disney.

If you pass that, then you schedule for an interview with a recruiter. They'll ask you questions and give you scenarios you might encounter if you got the job and they'll see if you fit the role. If all works out, they'll offer you a job.

They've been hiring like crazy for summer, but I think you might have missed the boat for the summer hires ( a lot of tempo/seasonal people).

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
    First, start off with the application; you can go to TDA in person, or do it at home, makes no difference since it's the same thing on the computer.

If they think you're worthy, they'll give you a "personality test"; this is a computer survey that asks what kind of person you are and if you're the right kind of person for Disney.

If you pass that, then you schedule for an interview with a recruiter. They'll ask you questions and give you scenarios you might encounter if you got the job and they'll see if you fit the role. If all works out, they'll offer you a job.

They've been hiring like crazy for summer, but I think you might have missed the boat for the summer hires ( a lot of tempo/seasonal people).
    thanks so much, this is exactly what I was looking for! Im moving down there in the next few months and want to apply... do they ask you what kind of job you want or do they fit you to one based on personality...I would take any job there!
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

• Banned User

When you fill out the application, there are three drop-down boxes for you to rank your top three department choices (custodial, ticket taker, attractions, ODV, etc.). The recruiter will decide which area you fit best in AND if the position in that area is available.

great! what about characters or performers , like playing a princess? or being in fantasmic...is that a different process?
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

• Banned User

I don't know exactly how that works, there is an additional step which includes an audition, but the best way is just to get your foot in door in something and then transfer later on when they see how you work (some departments don't hire directly).

thanks so much for the info! its a HUGE help
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreams714 View Post
    great! what about characters or performers , like playing a princess? or being in fantasmic...is that a different process?
    We have a thread going about that:

Disney Face Character Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    We have a thread going about that:

Disney Face Character Auditions

thanks!
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Look like who they want to hire. Your apperance while applying is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    Look like who they want to hire. Your apperance while applying is a big deal.
    Definitely. You technically don't need to fit the "Disney Look" (hair, makeup, visible tattoos, jewelry, etc.) until your day of traditions; however, your chances of being hired are greatly increased if you fit exactly into the Disney Look.

When doing your application, be sure to allow as much availability as possible (they don't want people that, say, can't work weekends or only during the day). The online interview is really straightforward and easy (though it does run a bit long). The live interview with the recruiter isn't that bad; they are all very helpful and kind. Just be sure to wear the best clothes you can (i.e. a SUIT or something very professional).

Sorry I wrote so much... I just got hired so I just went through it all hahaha. Good luck!!

• Minion

Great advice. ^^

And good luck in your pursuit of a role at the park, DD714. My years at the park were some of the best of my life. Had a great time as a CM.

I don't think it hurts to look your best from the very beginning. Even when you go in to fill out the application if you do it that way.

I remember when I attended my first day on the job for the company overview at the Disney University and tour of our assigned area, my hair (I guess) touched the ears a bit because as we were walking out of the Disney University for our area tour, one of the CMs leaned over with a big smile and whispered, "cut your hair a bit," and winked at me. And this actually wasn't too terribly long after the interview either, so apparently I got the job, regardless of what my hair might have looked like in the interview.

But we were talking early '80s when I hired in, so hair was still a bit full back then.

Still, that was when a little stubble on your face (no mustaches then either) got you sent backstage to shave, white socks (if you were on an Attraction that required black) got you sent backstage to change, and hair that was too long got you sent back to the cast cutters. So I corrected the hair immediately.

Even though times have change a bit, I think I would just make sure I look the part at the interview too. Can't hurt.

With regard to the interview process, I understand they have a place to choose the area where you see yourselves at the park nowadays. We obviously didn't have the computer piece when I hired in, but as I've shared on these boards before, I do remember my interviewer asking me what role I saw myself playing at the park.

I told her I would work anywhere. I just wanted to work for Disney, and always had.

I got assigned to Tomorrowland Attractions.

Good luck!! And apologies for my writing so much as well.

• Hooterville, USA

Just apply and be available every day.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast