Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Radiator Springs Racers Special Peek...Coming Out Of The Ground...Testing It's Wheels

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smbKsrnT3B8]YouTube - Radiator Springs Racers sneak peek at Cars Land in Disney's California Adventure[/ame]

Enjoy the above WDI video as it demonstrates how the red rock mountain will be painted, goes over the storyline (using a storyboard), takes you on an animatic mock-up drive down Route 66, and shows you an actual road test of a six-passenger RSR vehicle.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 06-05-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Future Animator

Re: Radiator Springs Racers Special Peek...Coming Out Of The Ground...Testing It's Wh

Alright.. THAT looks pretty epic. I can count myself officially excited for this. =3

• Banned User

Re: Radiator Springs Racers Special Peek...Coming Out Of The Ground...Testing It's Wh

Quote Originally Posted by AcmePunched View Post
    Alright.. THAT looks pretty epic. I can count myself officially excited for this. =3
    say it like an internet nerd

Im Über excited for this

• Hooterville, USA

When can we ride it?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Clean Cup! Move Down!

Super, Uber, mega-mega, totally, waaayyyy excited for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (how's that?)

Looks awesome!! Oh yeahhhhh.....

-DrA

• I'm not really here

They really are putting a lot of detail into this one. I can't wait to see it at night. Lit and with cars going around with working headlights... this is going to be a stunning place.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Zephyr Pilot

Agh, that 10-second 3D ride-through is such a tease.

• I'm not really here

Watching it again and looking at the concept art... it looks like there will be much more ride interaction with the ride vehicle. Chased by Frank, getting a spray painting or lifted for tiers to be replaced. I wonder if that's just for the concept art or how much of it they will have actually in the ride.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Watching it again and looking at the concept art... it looks like there will be much more ride interaction with the ride vehicle. Chased by Frank, getting a spray painting or lifted for tiers to be replaced. I wonder if that's just for the concept art or how much of it they will have actually in the ride.
    One way or another, I am gathering that it will all become a part of the ride, mycroft. Don't think that Disney will miss a beat where adding popular elements of the film comes into play...as well as details related to the coming 2011 sequeel, Cars II: World Grand Prix.

Cars 2: World Grand Prix (2011) Movie

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by AcmePunched View Post
    ^
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckelef1 View Post
    say it like an internet nerd

Im Über excited for this
    ^
    Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    When can we ride it?
    Tomorrow, if you have connections with WDI to help test the test vehicle.

^
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAlice View Post
    Super, Uber, mega-mega, totally, waaayyyy excited for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (how's that?)

Looks awesome!! Oh yeahhhhh.....

-DrA
    ^
    Gentlemen (and ladies), start your engines! Your excitement is outrageous...not to mention contageous! Hats off to each of you, Acmepunched, Ckelef, Drugas and DrAlice.

• Banned User

What you listed is pretty much what's in the ride. There are a few new scenes that have been created just for the ride, so that contradicts the over-used phrase people use here of "the land not being original". It is nice that the interaction is with the guests in the cars, as opposed to POTC where the AA's interact with just each other and the guests are basically ghosts.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Krillinish View Post
    Agh, that 10-second 3D ride-through is such a tease.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Tomorrow, if you have connections with WDI to help test the test vehicle.
    Or watching the entire pre-vis.

• Waiting Since 1992

Amazing. Totally excited for this ride, especially because my little one who is now only 19 mos (and who LOVES the movie) will be able to go on it by 2012! The rock work is so beautiful, and I feel like this is a worthy ride to add to CA Adventures and to the DLR!

• Iron-Clad Allie

They really are putting a lot of detail into this one. I can't wait to see it at night. Lit and with cars going around with working headlights... this is going to be a stunning place.
    Stunning to say the least! The combination of neon buidings and lit up attractions (especially the functioning bright headlamps and tail lights on the RSR vehicles) should be downright uplifting and magical to no end, if not profoundly surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
    What you listed is pretty much what's in the ride. There are a few new scenes that have been created just for the ride, so that contradicts the over-used phrase people use here of "the land not being original". It is nice that the interaction is with the guests in the cars, as opposed to POTC where the AA's interact with just each other and the guests are basically ghosts.
    The interaction between guests in cars and figures in the ride will significantly contribute to making the ride fresh and exciting all on it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
    Or watching the entire pre-vis.
    I like to watch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast