• Closed Account

Can we get a Legend Award for Earl Vilmer?

Some of you may have seen my most-recent article on MiceAge, the story of Earl Vilmer.

Untold Story - MiceAge.com

Earl was responsible for making sure Walt's wish about Disneyland came true: "It should look like nothing in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train."

Earl built the Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad.

Over on the article discussion forum, Earl's daugher, Judith, has made a post in an attempt to get her father some long overdue recogntion, in the form of a Legend Award. I'm pasting her post here, so that perhaps more people will contact Mr. Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by judithvp View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm Earl's daughter and I'd like to thank Steve publicly for doing such a wonderful job of telling my father's story!

While I was searching for someone who would appreciate and preserve my father's memorabilia I found out that there is something called a Disney Legends award and that my father has never been nominated for it. I think he deserves this award and if you do too, you could help by writing Steven Clark at [email protected] and telling him that Earl Vilmer should be commemorated for his significant contribution to Disney history with the award. (There are even more reasons in Part 2.)

Thanks for your nice comments and any help you can give me in getting my "old school" unglamorous father his rightful place in history.

Judith

• The Study of Wumbo

Re: Can we get a Legend Award for Earl Vilmer?

Well, it's kind of surprising that he doesn't have one... Considering that so many less-important people do. Barbara Walters?
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])