Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Fate of DCA's California Zephyr train facade?

The converted passenger train shell that is being used to front stores in DCA's current Sunshine Plaza doesn't seem to be in the revised plans anywhere -- and even though it's current use as an unconvincing facade for larger spaces is rather dorky - - the train itself is lovely and a nice piece of themed detail. Would there be any other place/way this asset could be used in DCA? I hope they don't intend to just trash it.

• Zephyr Pilot

Re: Fate of DCA's Golden Zephyr train facade?

I believe it's called the California Zephyr.

• Minion

Re: Fate of DCA's California Zephyr train facade?

Sorry - - too many Zephyrs.

• The Study of Wumbo

Keep your eye on eBay?
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• =)

Yeah, I was confused by the mental image of miniature trains whirling around the Golden Zephyr.

I'm kind of ambivalent about the train. It is nice in a way, but I think it would feel too much like a holdover from the original entrance. I'm fine with removing it.

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    The converted passenger train shell that is being used to front stores in DCA's current Sunshine Plaza doesn't seem to be in the revised plans anywhere -- and even though it's current use as an unconvincing facade for larger spaces is rather dorky - - the train itself is lovely and a nice piece of themed detail. Would there be any other place/way this asset could be used in DCA? I hope they don't intend to just trash it.
    Hey don't call that dorky! I thought it was one of the cooler facades in all of DCA, I especially like the automatic doors and all haha.

I'm going to miss this bit of theming but I guess the street itself will be alot nicer
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Hooterville, USA

What???? That train is thee best thing in DCA!!!!!!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• The Study of Wumbo

I have room in my backyard if Disney doesn't want to trash it...
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I'll take it! I just love California Zephyr trains and loving looking at all the pictures and the cool little theming things in the cafe and ice cream store inside the train. I'll miss it but BVS is amazing.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

It's a nice train...but if it was to be moved somewhere else, I wouldn't loose any sleep.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

that area is going to become a sit down restaurant minus the train facade.

I wonder if they could come up with a place to put the locomotive. Maybe make it look like it is coming out of a station or tunnel

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I wonder if they could come up with a place to put the locomotive. Maybe make it look like it is coming out of a station or tunnel
    Those who know their history (or do some quick researching like I did) will realize the California Zephyr represented at DCA was not put into service until 1949, thus making it a time period violation. Besides, diesel type trains such as California Zephyr didn't exist when Walt came to California.

• Minion

>>Those who know their history (or do some quick researching like I did) will realize the California Zephyr represented at DCA was not put into service until 1949, thus making it a time period violation. Besides, diesel type trains such as California Zephyr didn't exist when Walt came to California.<<

Quite unlike Radiator Springs on Route 66, Toy Story, The Muppets, The Twilight Zone, the Pan Pacific facade, Monsters Inc, Mickey Mouse, Goofy, neon rave clubs, water mist screen projections or High School Musical... (not that I don't want to see better period theming, but... it IS DCA).

• Senior Minion

It is probably the only thing that they are removing from DCA that I would like to see kept somehow. But I doubt they'll keep it unfortunately. Obviously it doesn't fit the new time setting, but it would be cool if they could save it and work it into the resort somehow.

I'd love to get a piece of any of the stuff they're tearing out. Maybe a chunk of tile from the mural out front? something like that. Just something to remember DCA by... Im sure a lot of the stuff i'd appriciate would just get trashed anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast