Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question IASW...where are we now?

So, I don't know if this has already been posted , but is there a map or legend of the countries you pass as you go through the ride? I think it would be so neat to be able to know.... Thanks in advance
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in the building."- John Lassiter.

• Light up the HALO!

Re: IASW...where are we now?

Here is a map of the IASW places.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3jV5FcVqpE...asm_inside.jpg

Hello
    Scandinavia
    England
    France
    Scotland
    Ireland
    Spain
    Netherlands
    Italy
    Switzerland
    Asia
    Africa
    South America
    Polynesian
    USA
    Finale
    Good Bye
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

That's Switzerland? I thought it was Germany.

I guess all these years I thought it was Germany because they were allies with Italy during World War II. Of course it still makes sense that it is Switzerland because Switzerland and Italy are neighboring countries and it makes sense that they would still be next to each other on the ride.

• Artistic integrity

Mexico and parts of South America seem to be missing from that list.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

I guess all these years I thought it was Germany because they were allies with Italy during World War II. Of course it still makes sense that it is Switzerland because Switzerland and Italy are neighboring countries and it makes sense that they would still be next to each other on the ride.
    I believe Germany and Switzerland are together. The original record album describes the "little German Band" and "Swiss bell ringers".

Is there a larger, more detailed map available anywhere?

• keh!

don't forget Canada, the mountie with the rising arms

• hi!

and the lone Filipina doll!
    -plagued

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

Pretty sure Disney wouldn't try to make people think of the Axis on a kids ride.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Pretty sure Disney wouldn't try to make people think of the Axis on a kids ride.
    the Axis..? Huh? I've heard of the Anschluss, but that was Germany and Austria (and I only know that word from "The Sound of Music".)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Ahhhh...high school history...

Axis: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_powers

It would be nice if Disney included a more detailed map along the ride or something...the shape of whatever you'd be looking at could be on a stick or something. Then again, that might be too excessive...perhaps a map outside of the attraction? That might be nice.

It would make sense if Switzerland and Germany were together. And remember, Pinnochio is from Germany. German clocks. And both Germany and Switzerland have gorgeous Alps, just one is more talked about than another

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post

Axis: Axis powers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It would be nice if Disney included a more detailed map along the ride or something...the shape of whatever you'd be looking at could be on a stick or something. Then again, that might be too excessive...perhaps a map outside of the attraction? That might be nice.

It would make sense if Switzerland and Germany were together. And remember, Pinnochio is from Germany. German clocks. And both Germany and Switzerland have gorgeous Alps, just one is more talked about than another
    Thanks for the reference. (High School was over thirty years ago, so I don't remember much. Not sure it even went that deep into detail. )

Doesn't Italy also share the Alps?

I can't believe there isn't a good, detailed map of the ride out there somewhere...

• Banned User

Axis: Axis powers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pretty sure Pinnochio is from Italy.

• Minion

Pinocchio is from Italy...he's even placed in the Italy section of IASW.

Funny though, I used to be confused about that. I always assumed that the movie took place in Germany or Switzerland. The Alps in the landscape, all the cuckoo clocks, Pinocchio wearing what appears to be lederhosen...plus my grandma who is of German descent was always wild about Pinocchio. I thought Stromboli was an Italian who was just taking his marionette show on a tour through Switzerland...yet somehow the names Pinocchio and Geppetto didn't even register to me as Italian. The fact that there's a restaurant in DL called Pinocchio Village "Haus" that plays Swiss mountain music and yodeling doesn't help much. It took me years before I finally realized that Pinocchio was an Italian story and that even Disney's version all took place in Italy.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Pinocchio is from Italy...he's even placed in the Italy section of IASW.

Funny though, I used to be confused about that. I always assumed that the movie took place in Germany or Switzerland. The Alps in the landscape, all the cuckoo clocks, Pinocchio wearing what appears to be lederhosen...plus my grandma who is of German descent was always wild about Pinocchio. I thought Stromboli was an Italian who was just taking his marionette show on a tour through Switzerland...yet somehow the names Pinocchio and Geppetto didn't even register to me as Italian. The fact that there's a restaurant in DL called Pinocchio Village "Haus" that plays Swiss mountain music and yodeling doesn't help much. It took me years before I finally realized that Pinocchio was an Italian story and that even Disney's version all took place in Italy.
    Northern Italy, in the Alps, is very much like Germany - except they speak Italian there! I just saw a cooking show (Lydia's Italy) on PBS that toured that area. Until someone spoke, you would have thought they were in Germany or Switzerland!

• Minion

Interesting! I guess I don't feel so bad about it now, LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast