Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Anyone else annoyed by this?

If anyone else follows disneyweddingblog.com then you saw her post this morning about the unofficial, unauthorized Disneyland wedding held by this Offbeat Bride | Meghann & Josh's guerilla civil ceremony in Disneyland couple.

This really annoys me. Rules are there for a reason and she is acting like its ok, why would you risk being kicked out of the park? And I think what really annoys me is that the two characters showed up and joined the wedding.

Idk. It really irks me.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone else annoyed by this?

Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I think it's cute that the characters joined in.

It doesn't annoy me since the ceremony was short and simple but I hope that the two cast members who joined the ceremony don't get in trouble by management for this now that the couple has posted it publicly

Nobody was hurt, they paid admission to the park, and spent a few minutes in a corner doing their own thing. More power to them. I have much more of a problem with people standing around main street blocking traffic trying to leave the park so they can talk on their cell phones, or eat an ice cream cone.

• The "goat trick" RULES!!!

It doesn't bother me either. It was their own, secret little ceremony and they did it in a way as not to draw attention or cause a scene. Eh... Disney has bigger things to worry about right now.

I'm not a lawyer, but doing that and posting about it seems like they would open themselves up to legal action against them by Disney.

• I'm not really here

What legal action? There's nothing stating they can't hold their wedding in the park. They didn't break any rules. They didn't get in anybody's way. I highly doubt Disney has a leg to stand on in this case. It is very probably though that they will make it a rule from now on though. In which case any future couples thinking of pulling this off had better watch out.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Man this is totally awesome, nothing wrong with it at all IMO...

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    What legal action? There's nothing stating they can't hold their wedding in the park. They didn't break any rules. They didn't get in anybody's way. I highly doubt Disney has a leg to stand on in this case. It is very probably though that they will make it a rule from now on though. In which case any future couples thinking of pulling this off had better watch out.
    I have been told by a few representatives of the Disney company that it is in fact a rule that Disney does not allow private wedding ceremonies (no matter how simple they may be) on their private property. BUT, you can not get their permission without paying an exorbitant fee, and signing a contract agreeing that you will pay Disney alone for many of the wedding services.

Getting married at Disneyland is a headache. Anyone that wants to do a ninja Disney wedding is fine in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger_Twin89 View Post
    If anyone else follows disneyweddingblog.com then you saw her post this morning about the unofficial, unauthorized Disneyland wedding held by this Offbeat Bride | Meghann & Josh's guerilla civil ceremony in Disneyland couple.

This really annoys me. Rules are there for a reason and she is acting like its ok, why would you risk being kicked out of the park? And I think what really annoys me is that the two characters showed up and joined the wedding.

Idk. It really irks me.
    I have no problem with it. I understand why DL has to maintain rules prohibiting the practice, but I'm guessing they're not going to make an issue of this incident.

I'm much more irked by strollers, foul mouthed guests, bad bands at TT, and the fact that Bear Country Jamboree no longer exists at DL.

As with everyone else, this doesn't bother me. I only hope that the CMs involved don't get in trouble for this. It was a very short ceremony and it didn't cause a scene. There are other things that guests do that are far worse than a quick wedding.

• Senior Minion

My opinion?

The only sad thing about this sweet moment between two people who love each other and love Disneyland is that someone feels the need to publicly bash them for it.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    My opinion?

The only sad thing about this sweet moment between two people who love each other and love Disneyland is that someone feels the need to publicly bash them for it.
    I'm sure it was a wonderful experience for them, but if they purposely and knowingly broke the rules, it's perfectly fair if someone wants to criticise them.

If I want to have a wedding in a specific place, on private property, I'm not entitled to just show up and do so without paying or getting permission.

Does this story bother me? No. Did they disturb or inconvenience anyone else? Doesn't sound like it. I still wouldn't be surprised if Disney had a formal rule against weddings in the park, it's the sort of thing that could get out of hand. What if someone shows up with a full wedding party, and does the ceremony in front of the castle? Is Disney supposed to allow quickie weddings only if they're short and only involve a few people?
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Dreamer

I like their non-effort to look their best. I mean it's Disneyland, for Pete's sake. Wear something nice.

• Hooterville, USA

I wonder how we all would feel, if Alice and Madhatter were fired for their involvement?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast