Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

Re: A Guide to Braving the Crowds for World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalG View Post
    I may have missed it, but does anyone know what section your seating is for, if you purchase a WOC picnic meal? I'm assuming that you don't get "preferred seating" with just the picnic. Any idea what color seating you get?
    There is no seating except for Handicapped, and VIP sections. Everything else is standing room. Getting there early is necessary to get a spot at the front of any section near a rail.

See the posts on the first page.

With a Picnic Meal you get a Fastpass that reads "PICNIC MEAL Reserved Viewing" It will show at the bottom "viewing area Blue" or "viewing area Yellow". They work exactly as if you entered the park early and got Blue or Yellow from the Fastpass machine at GRR.
    Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 10-26-2010 at 02:51 PM.

I'm assuming that you don't get "preferred seating" with just the picnic. Any idea what color seating you get?
    You'll be standing in blue or yellow.

I may have missed it, but does anyone know what section your seating is for, if you purchase a WOC picnic meal? I'm assuming that you don't get "preferred seating" with just the picnic. Any idea what color seating you get?
    You get a Blue Showpass. It says return between 8:15 - 9:00 (assuming there is a 9:00 show) but I would recommend getting there NO LATER than 8:00 and stand in the mob to get the best view. Use Mickey's fun wheel as a guide where to stand. If you have a good view of the fun wheel you will have a good view of the show.

Blue or Yellow-Thank you very much for your assistance.

FYI Folks: I went today, Tues 26th, and got a WOC fastpass for the Red zone at 12:00. Folks near me got their Red passes at 10:00. It was a VERY light day, so I don't think this would be typical. I got in line at 7:00, went to the wet zone when they let us in, stood right at the rail, great view. The fire and the globes were working. Both parks were real light most of the day.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

It's me again. I hope someone else but me looks here to get the latest scoop on WOC. Today, Friday 5 Nov, at 4:00PM, I still got a fastpass for the10:15 show-Yellow section.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

We ordered picnic meals.

If we pick up our meals early, will be have a better chance of getting the blue section?

Quote Originally Posted by toystory View Post
    We ordered picnic meals.

If we pick up our meals early, will be have a better chance of getting the blue section?

YES.......

Or, get into the park at 9:30 and you will get Blue while waiting 5 -10 minutes in line at GRR.

A few things I learned from my trip last night to see World of Color:

1. There is no longer the World of Color Pre-show at 8:30. It will not be back until next month when kids are on winter break from school.

2. They have added the "Troncore" to all shows. The effects on California Screamin' are quite well done.

3. New methods of lining people up are still being tested. When I went, they set up barracades at 7:45 and held us there. They didn't let people into the viewing area until 8:15.

4. When I went and claimed my picnic at 11:30 (the earliest you can get them), I was second in line. However, we were handed a Yellow FastPass. I politely asked if they had any Blue FastPasses and a CM was happy to get one for me. I think this was because the park wasn't that busy.

5. I got a Blue FastPass for the 10:15 show at 7 PM.

Haven't read the whole thread so I apologize if this has been covered.

We are planning on getting a fastpass this Friday morning (hopefully!) and going to the first show. However, the way things are working out we are only going to see the end of the show (we've seen it before and want to see the TRON part).

Will they still let us in? and can we enter from either side? (that is from coming from the grizzly area rather than the wharf area)
    Last edited by skoolpsyk; 11-10-2010 at 10:45 AM.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Quote Originally Posted by skoolpsyk View Post
    Haven't read the whole thread so I apologize if this has been covered.

We are planning on getting a fastpass this Friday morning (hopefully!) and going to the first show. However, the way things are working out we are only going to see the end of the show (we've seen it before and want to see the TRON part).

Will they still let us in? and can we enter from either side? (that is from coming from the grizzly area rather than the wharf area)

Here's a best kept SECRET, actually is not a secret, all that's required of you is to walk at a slow pace for 26 min straight in between the Little Mermaid and Paradise Park.

As long as you don't stop the cast members won't say anything.

I do that all the time.

I REPEAT NEVER WATCH IT FROM THE BACKSIDE (Toy Story Mania) OF WOC! It's so freaking boring from back there. The sound system are not loud at all and it looks really small from the back.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Awaken the spirits

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but does anyone know if World of Color will be playing January 3rd, 4th, or 5th? The entertainment calendar on disneyland.com doesn't go up that far yet, and I have no idea if they're doing some sort of holiday show or something that will close down the show for a few days after the holiday season. I haven't seen the show yet and I'm going to really bummed if they don't show it during my next trip.

You guys probably don't know if it will be shown either, but I'm just curious if maybe there's been any word on it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Madame_Leota View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not, but does anyone know if World of Color will be playing January 3rd, 4th, or 5th? The entertainment calendar on disneyland.com doesn't go up that far yet, and I have no idea if they're doing some sort of holiday show or something that will close down the show for a few days after the holiday season. I haven't seen the show yet and I'm going to really bummed if they don't show it during my next trip.

You guys probably don't know if it will be shown either, but I'm just curious if maybe there's been any word on it. Thanks!
    Not Positive but it's played everyday since the show opened in April.

• ******** Gold Member

[QUOTE=toystory;1056322965]A few things I learned from my trip last night to see World of Color:

2. They have added the "Troncore" to all shows. The effects on California Screamin' are quite well done.
    QUOTE]

I saw the TRON segment on Sunday, Nov 14 for the first time & was Surprised & Excited to see how the show expanded to encompass most of CA Screamin' including using the sun circle as a screen. Well done, I agree!! I noticed many improvements in the show/effects since it first opened.

Quote Originally Posted by asianbma View Post
    Here's a best kept SECRET, actually is not a secret, all that's required of you is to walk at a slow pace for 26 min straight in between the Little Mermaid and Paradise Park.

As long as you don't stop the cast members won't say anything.

I do that all the time.
    We dont stop people from doing that (and yes, we do notice LOL) but please walk at a normal pace. When people walk slowly, people behind them have to walk slowly, and so on and so forth, which means that people whoa re actually trying to get somewhere have to walk slowly. You can still see it just fine if you walk more quickly.

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast