Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

• Awaken the spirits

Re: A Guide to Braving the Crowds for World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by bstone76 View Post
    Not Positive but it's played everyday since the show opened in April.
    That sounds hopeful then. It would be just my luck to go the one week since the opening that the show doesn't play. lol. I was just worried that they don't play it during the off-times or shorter days, since they don't do a lot of other shows during these times either. Last year I went the same time period between Christmas and... the rest of the year or whatever, and they didn't really have a lot going on that week.

FYI: Today, Nov 16th, very light day, one show at 8:15 but no WOC fastpasses when I got there at 3:00. Incidentally, the Christmas fireworks show was great!
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

• Closed Account

The WOC picnic packages have rather tasty food, albeit not enough for a meal, but a perfect snack none the less. I purchased these for my Daughter and I and we got seated in the blue section. GREAT show, but I think I will skip seeing it again until DCA figures out a friendlier queuing strategy. Felt like I was cattle being herded by the CM wranglers..lol!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by sailor310 View Post
    FYI: Today, Nov 16th, very light day, one show at 8:15 but no WOC fastpasses when I got there at 3:00. Incidentally, the Christmas fireworks show was great!
    I plan on heading up to the park for Christmas. Was the fireworks show really good? I ask because I usually skip the fireworks and take advantage of no lines on the rides. Best show I ever saw was "Believe"...now that was a great show!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydancer76 View Post
    I plan on heading up to the park for Christmas. Was the fireworks show really good? I ask because I usually skip the fireworks and take advantage of no lines on the rides. Best show I ever saw was "Believe"...now that was a great show!
    Yes, it is "Believe" and it was great. Lots of close in stuff off the front section of the castle. Nice Christmas carols after the title song. Go!
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by bstone76 View Post
    Not Positive but it's played everyday since the show opened in April.
    Actually, this is false in two ways.

1. The show opened in June. June 11th, actually.

2. The show has not played every day. One day in July, there was an earthquake and all three WoC shows were cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by toystory View Post
    Actually, this is false in two ways.

1. The show opened in June. June 11th, actually.

2. The show has not played every day. One day in July, there was an earthquake and all three WoC shows were cancelled.
    Yes , I stand corrected. It technically did not show 1 night because of technical problems, but it had nothing to do with not being scheduled.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I just read on Disneyland's blog that beinning Nov 26, they are now going to offer a sit down World of Color prix fixe lunch at Wine Country Trattoria, which will include reserved viewing. The menu:

Starters
    • Salad: Arugula, Fennel, Red Onion, Spiced Walnuts, and Goat Cheese with a Fig-Balsamic Dressing OR
    • Chef’s Soup Selection

Entrees

• Tuscan Salad with Grilled Shrimp or Chicken – Blend of Romaine and Radicchio, Red and Yellow Grape Tomatoes, Celery, Green Beans, Cannellini Beans and Roasted Peppers tossed in Creamy Italian Dressing
    • Lasagna Rustica – Served with House-Made Bolognese
    • Grilled Chicken Sandwich – Herbed Chicken Breast, Arugula, Caramelized Onions, Provolone, and Walnut-Porcini Aioli on Toasted Ciabatta with a Green Salad
    • Broccolini Aglio Olio – Campanelle Pasta lightly tossed with Spinach, Arugula, Tomatoes, Garlic, Chili Flakes, and Olive Oil
    Desserts
    • Trattoria Tiramisu
    • Mini Fruit Crostada
    • Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Fresh Fruit
    • Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse with Lemon Cream
    The price for the prix fixe lunch is $29.99 for adults and $18.99 for children ages 3 to 9.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

That sounds pretty good.

• Banned User

I'm surprised no one has suggested this and maybe I missed it somewhere, but honestly if u just want to see the show without a FP, just go to the 10:15 show when the park is closed and watch it behind PPK. Not only are all the ropes down and u are allowed to stand there, its actually some of the best views because u are slightly above everyone and get an amazing panoramic view of it all. Hell, I went last Friday and had a FP for the red section. After 10 mins of straining my neck and trying to get a decent view of at least one of the projection screens, I just finally gave up and left the area and watched it behind the park. It was 20 times better NOT being in PPk, certainly not the red section.

But this is for the last show of course as the 9:00 everything is blocked or roped off. But the 10:15 show is great and since the park is closed, only a few people bother to hang around if they dont have a FP (I guess why they dont rope it off at that point). And I guess if there is an 11:15 show, that would be the time to see it as well with the 10:15 roped off.

I'm actually thinking never to bother with a FP again. Just wait until the last show, show up a few mins before it starts and get a great view every time. Even better, u wont feel packed like sardines while enjoying it .

• Nutty about Disney parks

^ Sorry, what's PPK?

Edit: eh...never mind, I get it. Though I am a bit confused. Where exactly behind PPK would you go?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    ^ Sorry, what's PPK?

Edit: eh...never mind, I get it. Though I am a bit confused. Where exactly behind PPK would you go?
    I stand right behind the yellow section of PPK (or Paradise Park, sorry about the shorthand). Its the middle section of course so just great views. And like I said, unless u are getting off a ride after closing and still in the park because of it, hardly anyone is there as everyone else went home or to DL. But that may change when The Little Mermaid opens next year as it will be more traffic in that area and they might rope it off for all shows. But for now, its great.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 11-23-2010 at 08:20 PM.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    I just read on Disneyland's blog that beinning Nov 26, they are now going to offer a sit down World of Color prix fixe lunch at Wine Country Trattoria, which will include reserved viewing. The menu:
    Any idea what the current dinner menu is or where I could take a gander at it? Or would it be safe to assume that it will be pretty much the lunch menu with a slightly larger portion?
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

If you buy the lunch do you get preferred viewing for the first show? On nights where there are two shows, the second show should have less people in the preferred viewing area? Are my assumptions correct?

We are headed to the DLR for our first December trip in several years, and our very first time seeing WoC. We are planning on getting a fastpass for Thursday night's 8:15pm show. This guide has been extremely helpful as we plan, but I had a question on anyone who has seen it recently on a one-show weekday night?

When does the fastpass generally ask you to return, and given that information, how much earlier from that time do you typically stand in line to get a better viewing option (i.e. the "front" of a certain section or tier). We'll have several young kids in our group, so we hope to get a decent spot to view it.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast