Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: A Guide to Braving the Crowds for World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    And while I know its 100% you can see it for the 10:15 show in front of TLM building without issue, I'm still not completely positive if it is for the 9 p.m. show. The area is open but they may still move you along. Not at all for the second show. I will be there this week possibly so if I do will test it and let you know!
    Well, I just wanted to update people on my last post here and CONFIRM you can watch the show in front of TLM building for the 9:00 show as I did it tonight!

In fact, I really liked it. Showed up 5 mins before, found a good middle spot, just got right behind some people and watched the entire show no problem. The entire building was lined up with people just like if it was a parade! And yeah, saw everything about 90% well! And if you seen the show a few times in the most optimal spot already and unless you NEED to see it that way each and every time, its really not a big deal if you dont as you get a great view on everything! In fact, I would suggest to people if you get the red section, dont bother using it and just see it in the back. You will see waaaay more behind than there and you dont have to crane your neck. Trust me on this!

So yeah, I decided today I'm not going to ever bother getting a ticket again unless I'm with a group who just needs to see it in the park area. For me, its more than fine at this point as I seen the show about 8-10 times now.

And even though you can see it this way at 9:00, I would still recommend the second show only because its waaaay less people watching it and because the park is closed, you can get up closer and watch it. 9 p.m. show, they still keep the path clear for pedestrians, but its not a problem to find a spot eitherway. Hope this helps!

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

^
    Well said.

Not only that This spot/location will also give you a full panorama view of the show way BETTER than the red section.

The only problem from that spot is that there will be a lot people walking. So if you don't mind people walking back and fourth this spot is for you.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• Banned User

Yeah, thats true about the people walking, but it didnt distract me at all!

AND, this is why I say the 10:15 show is a better experience anyway, because yeah you dont have that issue basically. It all feels much freerer and loose in the second show with a lot less people in that area, but both fine for me!

Oh AND being in this area is great if you want to race to TLM after the 9 p.m. show! You're closer of course and even if people jump in front of you, you wont wait long. I went and jumped on it and was in a clam shell litterally 3 mins after the show! So if the ride is not busy, a PERFECT option right after the show, especially being so close.

In fact, I may not ever try to ride TLM anytime before WOC starts either with those short lines at that time!

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

Hmm.. if I go on july 1st do you think I'd be able to use this method? Last day for SoCal AP's and they're doing fourth of july pre show..
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

DapperJoshua - Please let us know if you use this method on July 1st. That should be a busy day and I would love to know how it worked.

Thanks!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DapperJoshua View Post
    Hmm.. if I go on july 1st do you think I'd be able to use this method? Last day for SoCal AP's and they're doing fourth of july pre show..
    Well ALL I can tell you is if they been doing this since the beginning of summer, I dont know why this weekend would be any different other than it will be busier. So I SUSPECT nothing will change and people can line up in front of the building. If anything, they probably will get as many people in that area since it will be so busy. I would suggest show up at least 30 mins before the show and see if you can get a space. If they allow people, I imagine it will be much busier when I was there and the 4th of July show will make it crazier I'm guessing.

And yes, I can almost guarantee you the second show wont be an issue at all! Probably more people will be around, but you will definitely be able to see it there as the park would have closed by then.

Yeah let us know what happened!

Just got back from the parks. We watched WoC from the front of TLM and we got there 30 minutes early and it was already filling up so if you want a good view right in the middle then you really do need to go early. The view from there is really good though. I liked that I can see everything.

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

UPDATE JULY 1, 2011 WOC

These are the changes from the July 1, performance of the 4th of July Pre-show. There are quite a few changes, improvements for most people (BLUE or Non-Fastpass holders), and very bad for the Preferred Dining Fastpass holders that do not arrive very early.

PREFERRED DINING Area was again reduced by eliminating the Upper Stairs to Yellow and Blue, and the Flat round Fountain and area behind the lamps were changed to YELLOW ??? The Preferred Dining area was oversold and anyone arriving later than 45 minutes before the show, had a spot worse than many of the Free Fastpass areas. This will make late arriving PD ($40) less than happy. It may be that they are selling fewer PD meals.
    BLUE The Entrance was moved from in front of the Mermaid entrance towards the bridge. The Lower areas became PD, the old entrance became an early exit. The upper areas towards the center are easy to get to if you line up early (25 min before the earliest time listed).
    YELLOW Is greatly expanded to include the flat area and the area behind two lights that was a bad spot for PD. Just past it towards the Bridge is about 10' of good viewing area!

NEW NON_FASTPASS STANDING They have added standing room in front of the Mermaid Ride and behind BLUE in front of the Red Tower. These are OK views, you will not see as much as if you are at the better Fastpass spots, and fill in 30-45 minutes before show time. A big improvement for those without Fastpasses.

Oh that's not good. I booked PD for my August trip just to ensure I will get a good viewing space.
    I guess there is no point to spend the extra $$ now.
    thanks for rhw headsup.

• Goofy

Just got back from the parks. We watched WoC from the front of TLM and we got there 30 minutes early and it was already filling up so if you want a good view right in the middle then you really do need to go early. The view from there is really good though. I liked that I can see everything.

was the parks busy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    was the parks busy?
    Not really. I expected it to be faaaar worse. Mr. Toad usually has a long line, but I went on it with only a 15 minute wait. So I'd say it was a lot less crowded than usual, actually. Also I was wondering if this was the actual full pre-show for 4th of July or if it was a scaled back version like the fireworks?

TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• Banned User

Hey nice to see you made it!

AND for the record I was there as well, but MISSED the WOC show! I was planning on seeing it for the 10:15 show but wanted to catch the DL fireworks first at 9:30 and make it to DCA by 10. BUT the firework show got seriously delayed and by the time it started to play and end it was already 10 p.m. Oh well, dissappointed, but the DL show was good and caught it on youtube so I'll live.

But glad you took my advice!

---------- Post added 07-02-2011 at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    UPDATE JULY 1, 2011 WOC

These are the changes from the July 1, performance of the 4th of July Pre-show. There are quite a few changes, improvements for most people (BLUE or Non-Fastpass holders), and very bad for the Preferred Dining Fastpass holders that do not arrive very early.

PREFERRED DINING Area was again reduced by eliminating the Upper Stairs to Yellow and Blue, and the Flat round Fountain and area behind the lamps were changed to YELLOW ??? The Preferred Dining area was oversold and anyone arriving later than 45 minutes before the show, had a spot worse than many of the Free Fastpass areas. This will make late arriving PD ($40) less than happy. It may be that they are selling fewer PD meals.
    BLUE The Entrance was moved from in front of the Mermaid entrance towards the bridge. The Lower areas became PD, the old entrance became an early exit. The upper areas towards the center are easy to get to if you line up early (25 min before the earliest time listed).
    YELLOW Is greatly expanded to include the flat area and the area behind two lights that was a bad spot for PD. Just past it towards the Bridge is about 10' of good viewing area!

NEW NON_FASTPASS STANDING They have added standing room in front of the Mermaid Ride and behind BLUE in front of the Red Tower. These are OK views, you will not see as much as if you are at the better Fastpass spots, and fill in 30-45 minutes before show time. A big improvement for those without Fastpasses.

Wow so its official now, cool!! This probably was always the plan from day one once the walls were down and TLM was running. Its a GREAT move! And since they dont even let people in too early, you still dont have to worry about people 'camping out' to get these spots. And honestly I really DO think its a great view if you know exactly were to stand! I just dont feel the need to get to the park in the morning to grab a blue or yellow ticket and then litterally stand for 90 mins for the show where as I can jump in the back 5-10 mins and see basically the same show and sometimes even better depending where you are in the viewing area.

But I admit, I am shocked they limited the Dining section by so much. I wonder why? Maybe they just arent selling as many anymore and dont need all the space, but it does seem odd. I did the dinner thing twice. Once a GREAT view and the 2nd time not great at all! So its still give and take. I think it just how many they pack in there and if you can get in front of a rail. If not, its not much better from the blue or yellow section, just a lot less waiting and people in front of you. But now that they limited the section so much, I'm not sure if thats good or bad in terms of viewing.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 07-02-2011 at 08:32 PM.

• Minion

BUT the firework show got seriously delayed and by the time it started to play and end it was already 10 p.m. Oh well, dissappointed, but the DL show was good and caught it on youtube so I'll live.

I went on July 1. And you do know that DCA will still let you in after the 10 pm closing time. You just need to show your park ticket with your woc fp ticket and they will let you in. They don't even scan it. I didn't know it until I tried. I entered at 10:08

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    I went on July 1. And you do know that DCA will still let you in after the 10 pm closing time. You just need to show your park ticket with your woc fp ticket and they will let you in. They don't even scan it. I didn't know it until I tried. I entered at 10:08
    Didnt have a WOC fp remember!

I was just going to do standby by TLM building.

• Future Indy Castmember

But I admit, I am shocked they limited the Dining section by so much. I wonder why? Maybe they just arent selling as many anymore and dont need all the space, but it does seem odd. I did the dinner thing twice. Once a GREAT view and the 2nd time not great at all! So its still give and take. I think it just how many they pack in there and if you can get in front of a rail. If not, its not much better from the blue or yellow section, just a lot less waiting and people in front of you. But now that they limited the section so much, I'm not sure if thats good or bad in terms of viewing.
    I'm shocked too. I'm going to do the dining package again on my birthday and i'll report back on how the viewing is now for PD.

How things worked out for the first show, i might do the 2nd show as often as the 1st show as Its much easier that way to get a good spot.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74