Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324

Re: A Guide to Braving the Crowds for World of Color

The PD viewing area has changed again.

• My Own Oasis

Quote Originally Posted by Hoku View Post
    The PD viewing area has changed again.
    How so Hoku? or can anyone else confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    I am still interested in knowing about whether it is worth combining a GAC with the Dining Package?
    It depends. If you say that your wife is unable to stand for long periods of time, then you may want to get a GAC card. The handicap section for guests with preferred dinning passes is right next to the Yellow handicap section. So if you do decide to get a GAC card, you'll pretty much have a center view of the show. You'll just be further back and higher up so there shouldn't be as many heads/children on shoulders in the way.

If you do not get a GAC card, you'll be in the preferred dining section which is at the bottom of the huge circle in the middle of paradise park. There is no seating in that part of the viewing area, and your wife may have to sit on the floor for a bit before the show starts. She may not be able to sit though because if a lot of guests need to fit in that area, a CM will ask everyone to stand and get closer together to fit everyone in.

In your case, I would recommend getting the GAC card. Seeing as how you'll probably be standing for at least an hour (30 min wait time before preferred dining section opens up + 27 min show). That way she can sit during the show and also when all of the guests from the first show are exiting out of the viewing area and migrating to other areas of the park/out of DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by adoborocks View Post
    How so Hoku? or can anyone else confirm this?
    It's been confirmed on another forum. Their superthread has the new map and everything. But I don't want to "take business" from this thread, so I'm hoping the keeper of this thread will take enough of an interest to update it. If nothing happens in the next couple of days, I'll post a link to the other forums superthread.

Im very disappointed, not sure if its in ME or WOC lol. See im 5'3 on a good day. So we got our WOC pass's for the 9pm show tonight in the yellow section. but i couldnt see dam thing being so short. We got there at 8pm too so im guessing it was just bad luck and really not looking for a spot up close to the railing so i could see, huh?

for the 8pm closure days, have there been extra WOC shows added on high attendance days? or are those days over?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Noty View Post
    Im very disappointed, not sure if its in ME or WOC lol. See im 5'3 on a good day. So we got our WOC pass's for the 9pm show tonight in the yellow section. but i couldnt see dam thing being so short. We got there at 8pm too so im guessing it was just bad luck and really not looking for a spot up close to the railing so i could see, huh?
    I'm just about the same height. the first few times I saw the show I went down to the wet zone and was right on the rail. the next time I went I tried a regular section and had the same problem, I only saw the high parts above the heads of the people in front of me. the last time I saw the show from the top step of the second level down and it was not a problem.

so thoughts on a good WOC spot. Saw it in blue on the rail, but had a nice large light in the way (it was to my right). I was close to the PD section.

Would yellow or PD be a better section? (esp the yellow wet section).

Appreciate the input.

i was in yellow, got my tickets around 10:20 on a Wednesday when school was back in session(8/31/11) would ahve had a great view if i wasn't so dam short lol

• Minion

Hello! First post in a long time! Does anyone know how much of a rush there is to see World of Color on an off-day like today? If I want a good view (never seen it before!), what times would you expect I'd need to get a showpass, and when should I be back at the viewing area?

It should probably be added to the first post that if the fastpasses for the first show never sell out, the machines automatically switch over to the second show at 7:30pm.

You might also want to add that if you want tickets for a later show than is currently being offered but also want a safety net in case you don't make it back to the FP machines, the CMs will exchange earlier tickets for later ones if the color they are currently giving out matches the color you got for the earlier show. (I was told this by multiple CMs and was able to do it successfully).

I was there on 9/18 and the free fastpasses for the 9pm show never sold out (and they were giving out Blue into the afternoon). I wanted tickets for the second show so the CMs told me to get tickets in the morning and come back when they switch (which I was told was 7:30 at the latest). I ended up with a pair of Blue passes for 10:15 and showed up to the fastpass corrall a little after 9:15 and was the VERY first person in line, and got into the viewing area just after the dinner package people. I had my choice of viewing locations, and didn't have to spend an extra dime.

It seems like the demand for the show has tapered off quite a bit.

We're going for the first time in three weeks! Very excited to see this show. (Last time I was there in '08, it was the week they started draining the lagoon to start the work.)

We got picnic lunches preordered for the Monday night 8:15 show. How soon do people recommend we get in line in order to get a spot on the rail?

My wife is about 5' tall (in her shoes), and I'd like her to get a good view. The woman does indulge my Disneyland obsession a few times per decade, after all. (She claims that she's only indulging me, but the closer we get to the trip, the more I catch her humming the Tiki Room song around the house.)

You might try getting a spot that was the previous preferred viewing section. Its the section right in front of the VIP areaI think, its in the back, but you are elevated so you can see everything if you get a spot on the railing. It looks like the Preferred Dining section is now in the front center area.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324