Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Re: A Guide to Braving the Crowds for World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by crazycoasterider View Post
    Did that change recently? Every time I've seen it there has been one right there. I've been searching youtube videos and pictures and I keep seeing five large lighting towers. This picture even show the tower right in front of Y5.

I WAS WRONG...I confused it with the one to the viewers left....
    It is out of the centerline show view. I knew there was no pole in the center of the show.. Just the viewing area.

Is it about the same width as the handicapped area in front of it? Is there a path running behind it? Also, can anyone else confirm this?

About the same width... But I have not checked this. The path runs behind it.

Sorry, I don't understand what the shape looks like.

See the thin white line I added.

Just move the area back so that the curve at the front of the area is even with the other top level viewing. And it has a square deeper shape than the top of the other areas.... It doesn't make a big differance, as there are usually nobody to 10 people there.
    Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 07-27-2010 at 06:55 PM.

Can someone with connections to a moderator please ask that this thread be made a Stickey, There is too much hard work and incredible information for this thread to not be viewed by new comers to this site!

This really is a fantastic guide!

• We Go On.

I second the stickying request. This is extremely valuable and deserves to take the place of any if not all of the WoC threads currently on the sticky lineup.

• Former Starspeeder Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    I second the stickying request. This is extremely valuable and deserves to take the place of any if not all of the WoC threads currently on the sticky lineup.
    I third the request! I got to see WOC for the first time last weekend, and this guide was very, very helpful beforehand. Thanks for the hard work, crazycoasterider!

Walking in Walt's footsteps

What is your favorite section?

• =)

Blue FTW...I love the nice, broad overview you get from the bridge!

• Minion

the first time i saw the show i had D2 in front for the 11:15 show and that entire area was very empty it was like a week after it premiered and it was amazing also I've been reading a lot about the sections when i went they were saying like this line for Blue Soak, Blue Mist, and Blue Dry Sections do they still do this?

I hear the preferred seating area is opened to general public at 11pm show, is this true?

• Zephyr Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    I hear the preferred seating area is opened to general public at 11pm show, is this true?
    For the 11:15PM show, the preferred sections become part of Blue. You need a Blue FastPass to get into it.

• Future Cast Member

Great thread! This should be a sticky!

So let's be frank and honest here. If you want to see this show and you get a fast pass, you still need to line up over 2 hours before the fast pass return time to get a "good" standing location?

Now for people paying for the dining option (the full service meal)
    where do you line up now? (Did this recently change?)

So let's be frank and honest here. If you want to see this show and you get a fast pass, you still need to line up over 2 hours before the fast pass return time to get a "good" standing location?

GOOD question, i've been wondering the same thing! Im going at the end of this month (to celebrate my mom's birthday) so i opted to spend the money to be guaranteed a good view...but im still confused about where we will line up and what not! help ?
    November 7, 2008 - My Disneyland dream came true! And is was "SUITE"!

Just wanted to say THANKS for this. It actually contradicts with some info a CM gave us re the picnic baskets. They told us that when you buy the picnic you eat it right then and there. Knowing there is a window to pick it up changes everything for us.

Thanks again!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

thank you for the info. I am going soon and WoC is on my checklist. Thanks to this I can make sure when to get tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

For the 9:00pm performance, all guests head directly to their assigned viewing area in Paradise Park. Paradise Park has opened as early as 7:00pm before which is only a half-hour before the Fastpass return time. The Preferred Dining area tends to take longer to fill up than the other areas but I'm not sure about what time you should show up to get a great view in that area. On the other hand, the 10:15pm performance will always have a shorter waiting time because the line opens around 9:00pm. Also, the line is located on the south side of the pathway in front of the Sonoma Terrace.

Quote Originally Posted by ZedIzDead View Post
    Just wanted to say THANKS for this. It actually contradicts with some info a CM gave us re the picnic baskets. They told us that when you buy the picnic you eat it right then and there. Knowing there is a window to pick it up changes everything for us.

Thanks again!
    Sorry about that, but it is partially true. If you don't pre order the picnics online, then you have to take your picnic at the time you order it. I'll make the change in the guide to reflect that.

Thank you everyone for your outstanding responses to this guide! Always remember, this guide was here before Mouseplanet's =P

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast