Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: A Guide to Braving the Crowds for World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    I believe the Disney Dine line allows a 60 day reservation start. Is this still true? We've been going to Ariel's Grotto for a few years on Thanksgiving. So, we could call when it's 60 days before Thanksgiving? Have policies changed?
    It's usually recommended to make your reservations 2 months (60 days) ahead but doesn't really mean you have to wait 60 days.

Last month I was able to make my WOC Dining reservation for Wine Country Trattoria 2 weeks prior to my birthday and was able to secure a dining time for the first show. (I made my reservation on July 5th and my birthday was on the 20th which meant I made my reservation 15 days before my birthday)

The earlier you are the better chances of getting an earlier time frame for the reservation. It really depends on the following for the World of Color Dining Packages:

1.) The date you plan on doing the dinner is open. This means that all dining times aren't booked out yet.

2.) What Restaurant you want to have it at. (It can be either at Ariel's Grotto or Wine Country Trattoria) they will ask if you prefrence a place

3.) Which showing you want to attend (currently it's for the 9 and 1015 performances and each has their own timeframe for the dinner. Refer to the first post on this topic for the info) they will ask for which showing it will be for and will give you the time frames.

When I called, I said It didn't matter which restaurant it was at as long as I had the first show and was able to make the reservation for Wine Country for the first show at 6:30pm that day.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoAl View Post
    Is it just me or after the 1st time seeing this it just seems like almost too much hassle to see this show. It literally takes away (if you want good standing location) 3+ hours of your day at the resort, not to mention, IT'S ALL STANDING!!
    Honestly, it only takes away about an hour or an hour and a half from your day if you know all the loops and shortcuts. Just show up about noon or 1pm to get a 10:15 or 11:15 Fastpass and there won't be a line. Then line up about an hour before your showtime. Doesn't take away too much time. It's just a little more than you would wait for splash or space on a crowded day.

I saw WOC this past Saturday, July 31st. My husband and I reserved a Dining Package through Wine Country Trattoria and received two fastpasses for the preferred dining section at the second show. I have to say that we were VERY confused about where we were supposed to go. Our fastpasses said to return to the Redwood Creek Challenge area, but once we walked all the way over there and stood in line, a CM told us we were supposed to go somewhere else.

We weren't the only confused ones as she led a whole group of preferred dining fastpass holders to a line directly in front of the entrance to the preferred dining section of Paradise Park. The show itself was wonderful and we had a great view (and a seat, because I had a Guest Assistance Card), but it was pretty chaotic. (So much that hubby and I began to refer to WOC as the World of Chaos!) A great show, but not sure the bugs are worked out of the system yet!

I was leaving the parks this evening and overheard a security CM telling guests that the WoC Fastpasses were lasting until noon this week but today they didn't run out until after 6:00 p.m. I don't know if this is a combination of the novelty wearing off or the blockout of all but PAP's, or both.
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyluv View Post
    I saw WOC this past Saturday, July 31st. My husband and I reserved a Dining Package through Wine Country Trattoria and received two fastpasses for the preferred dining section at the second show. I have to say that we were VERY confused about where we were supposed to go. Our fastpasses said to return to the Redwood Creek Challenge area, but once we walked all the way over there and stood in line, a CM told us we were supposed to go somewhere else.

We weren't the only confused ones as she led a whole group of preferred dining fastpass holders to a line directly in front of the entrance to the preferred dining section of Paradise Park. The show itself was wonderful and we had a great view (and a seat, because I had a Guest Assistance Card), but it was pretty chaotic. (So much that hubby and I began to refer to WOC as the World of Chaos!) A great show, but not sure the bugs are worked out of the system yet!
    Preferred dining for the 1015 is supposed to wait across from the water wheel on GRR and then they walk everyone over. also the 9 show now says to return at 745

This Change has now been reversed back to the origional concept.

For just the first show, the cast puts out barriers at about 7:15 with a large mob gathering in the Golden Dreams plaza. Then at 7:30 the let people in. It is easier if you have the RED section to line up on the Silly Symphony side.

Too far from California! In Calgary, AB, Canada

I've seached but didn't come across any info on this topic. Does anyone know what allowances are made for those with Guest Assitance Cards at the WOC? I wanted to take my eldery mother to see it, but she can't stand in lines for any longer than 2 to 3 minutes before having to sit down. She absolutely refuses to use a wheelchair because she can walk around, she just can't stand without the pressure and pain building. Other than the expensive dining packages with minimal line up and wait times, what option is out there for her to be able to see it? She's never been to Disneyland, and I would like for this to be the best experience possible for her.

Thank you!

• =)

Well, for the show itself, there won't be any problem at all. They've got seating areas for folks like your mother who have trouble standing, and your guest assistance card will get you in really easily. And if you're waiting for the 9:00 show, the wait just before the show should be easy, too - she can just take a seat over by the big red tower until they let guests into the handicapped sections. For the later shows...I think I've seen them lining up back by the GRR water wheel, but I'm sure you could talk to a CM, explain the situation, and get some sort of solution. There might even be seating over there...I can't remember now.

The biggest problem is probably going to be the line to get the FastPass in the first place, but she doesn't actually have to stand in line for that. She could just take a seat somewhere while you or someone else stands in line and gets the FastPasses for the entire group. Of course, the disadvantage there is that the group gets split up - I don't know if it's just the two of you or a larger party. But if it's a whole family, for instance, some of you could wait in line (with all the tickets) and the rest of you could sit with Mom on a bench somewhere in the park - or walk around, or whatever works. If it's just the two of you...well, you'd probably have to either split up or wait till the afternoon, when the FastPass line gets really short. But that'll be for the 11:15 show, so do consider whether you want to stay for the late show.

Too far from California! In Calgary, AB, Canada

Thanks, Datameister, that's helpful info. I'm relieved that they have a place to sit for those with a GAC. There will just be the two of us, so I guess she will have to sit somewhere while I get fastpasses, but that will work out okay, especially if she has a bottle of vino in front of her.

• =)

Gotcha. Yeah, I would just do that, then, and perhaps aim for one of the later shows if you don't mind, since the FastPass wait times decrease dramatically in the afternoon. But keep in mind you never know when they'll run out, so you don't want to go too late. Then just talk to one of the CMs in the evening to see if they can help you find a spot to wait before the show without having to stand. (The WoC cast members are pretty easy to spot because they have a nice red vest, and you'll see a lot of 'em standing around the area in the evening.)

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post

This Change has now been reversed back to the origional concept.

For just the first show, the cast puts out barriers at about 7:15 with a large mob gathering in the Golden Dreams plaza. Then at 7:30 the let people in. It is easier if you have the RED section to line up on the Silly Symphony side.
    Thank god this change was scrapped. I was concerned that I would have to line up like this last night. The original concept is way better.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• =)

When did they have people lined up for the 9:00 show like that? That decision must have been made between my visits. In any case...just based on that one photo, I'm gonna guess that I'd agree. The massive clump at the barricades is a little scary, but it seems to work out okay.

How can I get the best viewing with out picnic packages and dining packages?

• We Go On.

^Hope for the best. Maybe you'll be able to see ahead of time which machines are distributing for which areas, but I don't really know.

Got a quick question about wait times at the beginning of the day. Does anyone know what time one should start waiting in the morning (before the park opens) in order to snag a ticket to the 9 PM showing? I realize that it may have been 2 hours when the show first started, but has that shortened any?

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast