Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

• Dreaming of Disneyland

Re: A Guide to Braving the Crowds for World of Color

On the 8:15 show only nights, does the Cove Bar stay open for viewing? I'm coming next week for my birthday, and am hoping I can hang out there to watch the show.

Can anyone please confirm that WOC FPs are still being distributed at GRR in the a.m.??? Is there still a dedicated line-up for these fastpasses before CA opens?

Quote Originally Posted by sailor310 View Post
    What's it like with only one show at 8:15? Did anyone go tonight ( Sep 7)?
    My daughter and I did the Ariel's Grotto dinner so we didn't have to worry about the fastpass but the preferred dining area was pretty crowded. We went in late, about 7:40 and stood about 4 rows of people back from the lower railing (not on the boardwalk). The woman against the rail decided to keep holding her cell phone over her head to film, so that was how I saw a lot of the show, through her phone viewfinder. The other people in front of me kept shuffling around to try and get away from her, but that changed other peoples view and it got interesting. I have a feeling we should have moved up above the stairs.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by cris77 View Post
    Can anyone please confirm that WOC FPs are still being distributed at GRR in the a.m.??? Is there still a dedicated line-up for these fastpasses before CA opens?
    Yep, still there! I dunno if they're still doing the lineup - I've only gotten FastPasses after the park opened - but the distribution is still basically the same.

The cove bar was open on Thursday night with a $10.00 cover charge.

Got it. Thanks for responding!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Yep, still there! I dunno if they're still doing the lineup - I've only gotten FastPasses after the park opened - but the distribution is still basically the same.

• Minion

If the picnic meals online are already sold out, there are still some available to purchase in person, right?
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    If the picnic meals online are already sold out, there are still some available to purchase in person, right?
    Yep. If you order online you get passes for the 1st show. If you get it in person, you get passes for the 2nd show.

I'm not sure how it works out if theres only one show a night.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

When I called Disney dining a few days ago, I asked about the WOC meals (I'm not sure if I want to chance fastpasses on our next visit or pay for the peace of mind). I was told that the picnic meals are only being sold online for the M-Th shows; and orders are avail online and for walk-up purchase on the weekends (I'm sure this also includes holidays).

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post

• Clean Cup! Move Down!

I'm taking my parents to see WOC for the first time and am trying to decide what the best option for obtaining FastPasses is.

My mom is handicapped, so here are some questions I have:

1) My biggest question is how do the handicapped areas work with the colored areas? In other words, if I order picnic meals for us, do we have to use the handicapped areas closest to the Blue section, or can we use any of the handicapped sections?

2) Are the handicapped areas any good? I know the OP says they are, but let me be very specific here. I have seen a number of "handicapped" areas where someone sitting in a wheel chair has ZERO chance of seeing anything except the butts of people standing in front of them. Are the areas positioned so that the wheelchair-bound person is at a railing (ie: front of a tier)?

I really would like them to see the show, but when I watched the show back in July, the one woman I saw in a chair was back behind a number of people and I'm positive she saw nothing. It's hard for my mom to be up late, and I would hate to have her be up "past her bedtime" and uncomfortable to wait for a show she can't even see.

Thanks for any advice you can give!
    -DrA
    Last edited by DrAlice; 09-14-2010 at 09:54 AM. Reason: typo!

The Handicapped areas for each section are some of the better viewing spots. The closer to the centerline the better. To get in a lower Handicapped section you need to arrive 10 minutes before the time shown on the Fastpass. Ask a cast member as they "Seat" handicapped before allowing others in. Also, you can sit on a bench at the top of each section if you ask when let in early, they will let you sit there.

IF you arrive later, the cast will kick out people who have been waiting an hour or more on the benchs to get up and give the late arriving Handicapped their seat. They warn the early arriving people about this, but when it happens they are less than pleased.

It is best to not arrive just before the start of the show and insist that you get the best seat possible... This happens all the time.

The cast members are very helpful for Handicapped guests, not only at the WOC but at all the attractions. When I had my Sister on a scooter two weeks ago everyone was helpful and curtious. Be polite, arrive early, and you will get a great viewing location

Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 09-15-2010 at 03:00 AM.

• Minion

I am going to be there next weekend with my daughter who uses a wheelchair. I am planing on ordering pinic lunches online and watching the 1st show on Sunday the 26th. My question is, how early should we get in the line to the viewing area?

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL View Post
    I am going to be there next weekend with my daughter who uses a wheelchair. I am planing on ordering pinic lunches online and watching the 1st show on Sunday the 26th. My question is, how early should we get in the line to the viewing area?
    The Handicapped areas for each section are some of the better viewing spots. The closer to the centerline the better. To get in a lower Handicapped section you need to arrive 10 minutes before the time shown on the Fastpass. Ask a cast member as they "Seat" handicapped before allowing others in. Also, you can sit on a bench at the top of each section if you ask when let in early, they will let you sit there.

To be let into the Handicapped areas arrive 10 minutes before the earliest time shown on the Fastpass.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL View Post
    For the first show, you pretty much just wait with the big group at the barricades, near the red tower. No real line to speak of.

I'm coming in this week for Destination D, arriving Wed. afternoon, and leaving Tuesday afternoon. I would like to see WoC on Thursday and Monday, the only days I really have available, so I was planning to get a picnic meal on Thursday, then try for the Fastpass standby on Monday. Stupidly, I didn't try to reserve the WoC picnic meal for Thursday until today, and it's sold out. So I did get one for Monday, but now that messes up all my plans, because I was planning to use my Magic Morning early entry on Thursday.

So I guess my question is, how hard do you think it will be to get a Fastpass on Thursday? I'm not staying at a DL hotel, but I could try buying something in a GCH gift shop to see if they'll let me in early. But if they let you in an hour early, do you get the FP early and then you're done, or do you just get in and get in a line an hour early? I guess I'm wondering if I could get the FP and hustle over to DL to do the early hour over there, or if there's really no way, and I'll just have to wait until probably Tuesday.

Why did I wait???

Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast