Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Re: A Guide to Braving the Crowds for World of Color

I would like to add that getting to the entrances early will be good we got there 30 minutes before they let you in and it was a MAD HOUSE!! Someone A older woman got pushed to the ground it was a bad experience. But over all it was a good show not as good as Fantasmic but almost.

What time during the day do you think fastpasses for world of color will sell out tomorrow (friday)?

If picnics arent avaible online anymore, are they still avaible to buy in the park?

Also, I want to do the fireworks from the train station, is it possible to go from there and get to the World of Color viewing area and get a good spot for the 10:15 show?

Are they currently doing an 11:15 showing thats unannounced unless needed on the weekends, or is that gone until next summer, or the holiday season?

Quote Originally Posted by GoogleMickey View Post
    If picnics arent avaible online anymore, are they still avaible to buy in the park?
    Yes, they should be. They told me on Wed. that the same day picnics sold out about an hour after they started selling them at 12:30pm. I'm sure the length of time will be different on Friday, but the idea should be the same.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by GoogleMickey View Post

Also, I want to do the fireworks from the train station, is it possible to go from there and get to the World of Color viewing area and get a good spot for the 10:15 show?

Are they currently doing an 11:15 showing thats unannounced unless needed on the weekends, or is that gone until next summer, or the holiday season?
    1. Yes, but your best chances for that would be if there is a 2nd showing of World of Color.

2. Not very likley. For the second show, you must be at the location your section meets by 9:15 to get the better chances for a good spot. Not to mention that the gates to DCA might close by 9:45 (I think they close the gates 15 min before park closing.) so I would say to just hold off fireworks for another night. The earlier you are to your meeting location, the better chances for a good spot.

3. No. Becuse it's the off-season right now, a 3rd show isn't needed. Even on weekends. They should be scheduling a third show again when the holiday season starts.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Quote Originally Posted by Legally Brunette View Post
    Excellent guide! I've only seen WOC once and friends have been asking about the seating arrangements, etc and I said that I get to experience it enough to know how the seating is set up. Well done!
    OUTSTANDING!!!! Thank you soo much! This post should be made a "sticky" post that lives at the top of the forum.
    Great job!!!
    On a side note It would be great to get your take on where you favorite places to stand are.

Friends-

We are hoping to view World of Color this Tuesday (September 27) and waited to purchase the picnic meals until now, when they are no longer available - looks like it's too late for us to go that route.

Anyone have any thoughts as to how long on 1-show weekdays are fastpasses generally available for WOC? We won't be arriving to the park first thing, sadly - are we hosed?

Thanks, in advance, for any helpful advice!

Namiap

• Clean Cup! Move Down!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    The Handicapped areas for each section are some of the better viewing spots. The closer to the centerline the better. To get in a lower Handicapped section you need to arrive 10 minutes before the time shown on the Fastpass. Ask a cast member as they "Seat" handicapped before allowing others in. Also, you can sit on a bench at the top of each section if you ask when let in early, they will let you sit there.
    So, just for clarification: If we need a handicapped section, are we limited to those next to the colored area of our ticket or can we sit in ANY of the handicapped areas in the viewing area? (And yes, the plan was to show up very early.)

Thanks for your response!
    -DrA

• =)

I'm pretty sure they just direct you into the handicapped section in your viewing area.

there areseveral handicapped areas within each color section. guests are directed to the color area that your ticket says

• Hello again!

I called to book dinner reservations for this weekend and they were full, they said to call at least two weeks in advance to get them. Picnics are sold out online, assuming I better get in line early and get a fast pass first thing!

"Well!"

• Clean Cup! Move Down!

Thanks for the input!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Namiap View Post
    Friends-

We are hoping to view World of Color this Tuesday (September 28) and waited to purchase the picnic meals until now, when they are no longer available - looks like it's too late for us to go that route.

Anyone have any thoughts as to how long on 1-show weekdays are fastpasses generally available for WOC? We won't be arriving to the park first thing, sadly - are we hosed?

Thanks, in advance, for any helpful advice!

Namiap
    Yes, you are hosed. They last no longer than noon (if that) on a 10am opening.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DrAlice View Post
    So, just for clarification: If we need a handicapped section, are we limited to those next to the colored area of our ticket or can we sit in ANY of the handicapped areas in the viewing area? (And yes, the plan was to show up very early.)

Thanks for your response!
    -DrA
    We just watched the 9 pm show on Sunday. We pre-ordered the picnic meals and had the yellow section. We showed up early and were led to the handicapped viewing area in that section (great view by the way). We were there by 7:15, but there were people who didn't show up until 8:30 and still got shown to the section.

• Clean Cup! Move Down!

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL View Post
    We just watched the 9 pm show on Sunday. We pre-ordered the picnic meals and had the yellow section. We showed up early and were led to the handicapped viewing area in that section (great view by the way). We were there by 7:15, but there were people who didn't show up until 8:30 and still got shown to the section.
    Thanks for the input... Just curious, how was the view?

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast