• I'm a Lutheran

Thumbs up Disneyland Resort Expansion

Well this isn't really an expansion kind of thing...it's really only what I would do if I was in charge of the resort. I know some of my ideas aren't well-received on these boards, but...oh well...

Basically I'm going to start with Disneyland and make my way around the entire resort, putting in my own ideas and changing things up a bit. Feedback and constructive criticisim are welcome! Please tell me what you think!

Disneyland Park

Main Street, U.S.A.

Main Street will be generally the same as it is now. However...it will receive some big and not-so-big changes here and there. The entire land will be given a new paint job to make it appear fresh and new. If it suddenly begins to fade or get dirty during the day, then guess what? It is freshened up once again in the night. I want this place to really feel like everyone's hometown.

The street will get new pavement and be cleaned of trash and gum during the day and night. All of the light fixtures and flowers will always be alive and well, bright and colorful as usual. All of the lights that make Main Street light up at night will be replaced with more eco-friendly bulbs that shine even brighter than the ones used before them. Hopefully that wonderful Main Street smell of burning sugar will remain here and please guests as it always does.

The window displays will be changed once a month to showcase the newest Disney (More than likely Pixar) film and not the latest DVD sequel release. Every window display will show a different scene, and not just neccessarily from that one new movie. There will be a diorama for a few other movies, perhaps some of the movies that aren't really present in the parks, like [I]101 Dalmations, The Rescuers, The Jungle Book, etc.[/B] The shops themselves won't be one big advertisement for all of Disney's biggest franchises anymore. Welcome back shop-specific items to the park(s). All of the shops will be given the item that fits their name or genre. For instance the book store will only carry books, the clothing store is unique as it sells only clothes, and the candy shop only sells candy, and so on so forth. The Emporium however will remain to be the Disneyland-equivilant of the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney. Why is this? This particular gift shop is the shop where everyone stops to get one last souvenier. And there's always that one kid who noticed something cool that they really wanted to get in Tomorrowland. Their parents said wait until before we leave. It always ends up in the Emporium much to that kid's delight. Because of this the Emporium will continue selling what it sells now. The theming inside will remain the same.

Cast members will always greet everyone with friendship and a smile (This goes to everywhere in the park) and assist everyone no matter what their needs are...as long as they are possible and appropriate. Park officials and Imagineers will be required to visit both the parks to check up on the upkeep and the opinions of guests.

The hub will be cleaned up and the "Partners" statue will be polished and clean along with the surrounding statues and fences. I forgot to mention this, but all of the park's iron fences will be painted to get rid of unneccessary blemishes and all that.

Sleeping Beauty Castle will be given a fresh paint job so that it attracts pretty much everyone.

A new parade will replace Celebrate! What it is, I don't know. All I do know is that it is original and not anything that Disneyland has done before.

More to come.
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

• Minion

Re: Disneyland Resort Expansion

Don't they do all this stuff already

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: Disneyland Resort Expansion

Some of them yes, others no. As far as I'm concerned they haven't made any interesting dioramas in the windows since Ratatoullie came out. Correct me if I'm wrong. But yes most of the stuff is done already.

The real changes I intend will be posted later.
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"