View Poll Results: Rides Needing A "Trackless" Upgrade/New Versions Needed Of Existing "Trackless"

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Upgrade Newer Darkrides...Roger Rabbit, Buzz Lightyear and Monsters, Inc.

13 26.53%
  • Upgrade Classic Darkrides...Haunted Mansion, Mr. Toad, Snow White, Pinocchio and Alice In Wonderland

8 16.33%
  • Upgrade Rides Soon To Come...PeopleMover (Replacement), and Little Mermaid

10 20.41%
  • Upgrade Jungle Cruise w/Aquatopia Type Vehicles (Switching Back&Forth w/Classic Boats)

3 6.12%
  • Upgrade Autopia

15 30.61%
  • New Version of Pooh's Honey Hunt

24 48.98%
  • New Version of Mystic Manor

9 18.37%
  • New Version of Ratatouille

11 22.45%
  • New Version of Enchanted Forest's "Challenge of Mondor" or Something Like It

6 12.24%
  • Other(s)

6 12.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Rides Needing A "Trackless" Upgrade/New Versions Needed Of Existing "Trackless" Rides

Thought that I would ask which rides at the Disneyland Resort that MiceChatters think should receive a trackless upgrade, and/or inquire as to which existing trackless rides from other parks should be included. This technology either has or soon will be utilized at every Disney par other than those stateside. It's a fun and exciting relatively new process...and I think the sooner we incorporate these types of rides into DLR, the better.

A poll will soon be up.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• hi!

Re: Rides Needing A "Trackless" Upgrade/New Versions Needed Of Existing "Trackless" R

i vote for California Screamin'
    -plagued

• Minion

Re: Rides Needing A "Trackless" Upgrade/New Versions Needed Of Existing "Trackless" R

Haunted Mansion, with a larger show building, new scenes and effects, trackless system, randomized rides.

• Splash Enthusiast

i want a beauty and the beast trackless ride instead of the princess fantasy faire.

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by starttodaybb View Post
    i want a beauty and the beast trackless ride instead of the princess fantasy faire.
    THIS
    I have been asking this for a long time, even before the Faire was there

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    i vote for California Screamin'
    Wheeeeeeeeee!!! Can't wait to experience the trackless loop!!!!!

Use it to upgrade Snow White. The vehicle motion can help make it more spooky.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

I would actually be down to see Roger Rabbit do this. It would look awesome!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Haunted Mansion, with a larger show building, new scenes and effects, trackless system, randomized rides.
    MiceChat can aklways depend on you foe dynamic, creative innovative insignts, Bob.

Different rides every time (thru a haunted randomized system) would be a real scream...literally. Boo-ya! In order to accomodate added show scenes, new effects and a spacious trackless system, a larger show building would be a great idea. Again...Boo-ya!

What exactly are the benefits of a ride being trackless?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by starttodaybb View Post
    The Princess Fantasy Fair is an ok idea...although it's not very exciting...beyond chatting it up with pretty faces. LOL!

The mere thought of a trackless Beauty and the Beast darkride is a healthy stretch of the imagination, starttoodaybb. Great idea!

Perhaps a trek thru some outdoor garden scenes could be added to the darkride portion.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    THIS
    I have been asking this for a long time, even before the Faire was there
    You have quite a lot of foresight, Mr.HatboxGhost. Let's hope this concept/notion catches on eventually among some of the creatively inclined suits (few they unfortunately are) and the imagineers.

• Artistic integrity

My vote: TDL's trackless "Pooh" to replace DL's track version.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Use it to upgrade Snow White. The vehicle motion can help make it more spooky.
    A wider range of free motion in the dark would very much make a spook house ride frightfully more fun. Hope the Evil Queen doesn't get in my face and try to make me eat an apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    I would actually be down to see Roger Rabbit do this. It would look awesome!
    The Roger Rabbit building already looks like it is built for a trackless happening time.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoretical View Post
    What exactly are the benefits of a ride being trackless?
    The vehicle drive is free to move about freely without being dependent on a track while moving in whatever directions the programming allows for...moving side to side, changing directions, spinning, etc.

I haven't had the opportunity to actually try a trackless ride out. Perhaps some of you that have can endulge us on the ride(s) that you have experience...and the control that you had over the motion of the vehicle(s).
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-25-2010 at 07:21 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    My vote: TDL's trackless "Pooh" to replace DL's track version.
    Although, Disneyland's The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh is a fun enough ride...many of us feel slighted by Disney for shoehorning the ride into The Country Bears Building, getting rid of the Bears, and giving us the short end of the stick with a version of Pooh that is signifcantly inferior to WDW's ride.

And PRIMARILY BECAUSE WE DIDN'T GET A TRACKLESS RIDE LIKE TOKYO's POOH's FREAKIN' HONEY HUN-N-N-N-NT!

• Minion

The main advantage of the trackless ride system is that the ride can be a different experience each time you ride it. The vehicle can be anywhere on the attraction's floor area, and can turn any direction, spin, back up, go forward, pause for something to happen, etc. A local positioning system (similar to GPS but localized) keeps track of where the vehicle is, where it turns, where it goes, etc. Numerous sensors in the floor detect the position of each vehicle at all times, and the computer processes all this information and gives instructions to each vehicle what to do. It can allow the computer to direct several vehicles to one area, for some major effect or event to happen, the send them off to different areas. The result is the ride is unpredictable to the guest, rather than the predictable, linear path of most dark rides. Needless to say the system is very complex and very costly. Estimates for Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo put the cost at $100 million or more. If you view several different videos of Pooh's Hunny Hunt on Youtube, you will notice that the ride experience is a little different for each ride.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast