Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile First-time Trip Report July: 20th - 25th (pic heavy)

So, long-time lurker here, and I thought my first proper post should be an extensive Trip Report, so I waited until my family and I went on our 5 day Disneyland vacation. The following Trip Report covers July 20th - July 25th. Warning: This Trip Report will be very Pic Heavy as I fancy myself an amateur photographer. I've seen the work of people on this board and have been impressed by a lot of the shots people get in the park. So I thought I'd show off what my camera and I came up with.

My family and I are from Utah. My wife and I have visited Disneyland 4 times now in the last 13 or 14 months. We love it there. We convinced my parents to take a family trip there since my Dad had some frequent flier miles to use up and they didn't really want to fly somewhere far away like Florida or Hawaii. It had been a while since my parents had been to Disneyland, but my wife and I were there in March with a couple friends. I was sad in March because I was extremely sick for the whole trip with a terrible sore throat and World of Color wasn't done yet.

Getting a chance to go back and see World of Color was a dream come true. It had been something I'd been looking forward to ever since I first found out about the project.

This trip consisted of me my Dad, Mom, wife, and little sister.

Anyway,so we got there on July 20th. First off we had to head to City Hall because my Dad has a really bad back and would not be able to stand in any lines. He can walk and all that, but he can't stand. It really, really hurts for him to stand for very long. So, the very kind lady at City Hall helped us and gave my Dad one of these beauties so he could enjoy the entire trip with us and not have to worry about keeling over in a 2 hour wait for Splash Mountain from pain.

Then we walked down Main Street and had lunch at the Carnation Cafe, a place I had actually never ate at before. I loved it!

I was still trying to get the hang of my new camera so I just started shooting away.

I was still trying to find the optimal camera settings when I snapped this pic. It was still way too bright for my liking, but what do I know. I'm not a pro.

We walked down Main Street as I just snapped more and more pictures trying to get the settings all configured. When we got to the end of Main Street I sat down and took this pic of the fringe on the blue tent/umbrella things. First pic that I really liked the way it looked.

We decided to head to Space Mountain for our first ride of our trip and saw Buzz along the way.

Then it was off to Autopia because my little sister really wanted to drive.

My Mom was in front of us.

My wife and little sister at the end of the ride (me in the reflection).

It's getting late so I'll stop for now and continue tomorrow...

Re: First-time Trip Report July: 20th - 25th (pic heavy)

awesome, can't wait for the next set of photo's! Looks like you had a blast..hope your Dad still had fun despite his back!

My family and I took a trip (we're from Seattle area) in May- we ended up staying for 5 days as well. Did you get sick of it after 5 days? We did a bit..but are already planning our next trip in December
    Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!!

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

great photos.. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that soup at the Carnation
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come
    Great start to the TR! Keep it going!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

First-time Trip Report July: 20th - 25th (pic heavy)

After Autopia we made our way over to the Nemo Subs, where we first beheld the power of the GAP card. The line was probably over an hour long already, but we got right on. There's just no way my Dad would have been able to stand in the lines.

After we were done with Tomorrowland and walked past Buzz Lightyear, but it was closed we went across the park to Adventureland and then on to New Orleans Square. We probably rode Indy 5 or 6 times, it's my Mom's favorite ride.

I snapped quite a few picture in NOS, but I love the way this sign looks and finally got a picture of it that I liked.

Then after we went on POC we went back over to Main Street where I got some great pics of the band while they were coming up the street. Some of my favorite pics of the trip.

Lastly on Day 1, my Wife and I went over to the Guided Tours area and got information about, and finally booked the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour...

• Waiting Since 1992

great pics so far! loving this TR!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. This was a really fun trip. Still got 4 more days to cover! Hang on tight!

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite9011 View Post
    awesome, can't wait for the next set of photo's! Looks like you had a blast..hope your Dad still had fun despite his back!

My family and I took a trip (we're from Seattle area) in May- we ended up staying for 5 days as well. Did you get sick of it after 5 days? We did a bit..but are already planning our next trip in December
    I never really get sick of being there. I know my Mom said something like "Well, after 5 days of Disneyland I think I'm good for a few years." So yeah, they got a little sick of the large crowds by the end of it.

• waitin' to board

..nice TR thus far.....thanks for posting...

• Minion

Great TR so far : )

First-time Trip Report July: 20th - 25th (pic heavy)

Onto Day 2. On our second day we spent most of it at California Adventure. My wife and I love the Animation Building, and my Dad and little sister love Screamin'.

We went into the park and jumped right on Tower of Terror, sadly I didn't take any pictures. There was no time to we were whisked right into the ride. After that we spotted Sulley, but my little sister has trouble actually going up to the characters. She likes to see them, but also keep her distance.

Then it was off to the back part of the park where we were going to go on Screamin' and Toy Story. I love Toy Story, and actually liked the new volcano balloon game they introduced. Took me a little while to figure out if you pop all the lava flows, then the volcano erupts with balloons pouring out of it. I just love that ride. So much fun. I won "Best in Vehicle" every time, but still don't understand how people can score 400,000+ points!

This was my first score. I went with my little sister who only fired when she saw something she wanted to hit, which is why her accuracy is really good.

After that it was off to Screamin'

My mom couldn't open her eyes the entire ride.

After Screamin' we decided to go get in line for the Aladdin show.

Inside I decided I'd try and get a couple cool shots of the purple curtain. I thought they actually turned out pretty cool.

Can I say one thing? I hate it that everywhere you go in the park and whatever show you're at someone is always trying to record the whole thing. Some lady was right in front of us at Aladdin trying to record the whole thing. Do people not realize that their LCD screen is extremely distracting? Makes me angry.

After the show we went to the Animation Building, drew Winnie the Pooh, and then I got this picture of the Toy Story folks peeking out of the toy box.

We spent some time in the Sorcerer's Workshop. My little sister's favorite place.

Then we went to my favorite store in the park.

By this time we were actually pretty beat.

We walked over to go on Monsters Inc. and I stopped at the Sorcerer's Apprentice Fountain and got a couple of really cool shots.

We got some smoothies, then went back to the Howard Johnson Hotel and had some fun relaxing time at the Pirates Cove pool. Right before we left though, we were able to catch Handy Manny so my little sister could finally get a picture with a character.

• Whip cracker

Awesome trip report and pictures so far! The soup in the picture in your first post looks really good!
    If adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones ... and Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIndy7 View Post
    Awesome trip report and pictures so far! The soup in the picture in your first post looks really good!
    Thanks. And yes, the soup is really, really good and only $3.59.

• Whip cracker

Quote Originally Posted by paaron46 View Post
    Thanks. And yes, the soup is really, really good and only $3.59.
    My goodness I'm gonna try that next time. Are those bacon bits on top?
    If adventure has a name, it must be Indiana Jones ... and Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIndy7 View Post
    My goodness I'm gonna try that next time. Are those bacon bits on top?
    They sure are!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast