• Banned User

Fantasyland Dark Ride "enhancements"

So after riding Snow White today with the new amazing enhancements, I decided to design my own enhancements for all five dark rides. Nothing too spectacular, but just things that would make the rides better.

Snow White's Scary Adventure--obviously this is in least need of an update, however there are a few things I would like to see change:

*fog/ dry ice in the lab room and castle lake scenes
    *trees on slight hydraulics so they "grab" toward ride vehicles, tilting and swaying inward
    *An actual apple being offered to riders at the end of the ride, not a hologram that works for a split second. I know riders had stolen in from the witch in the early days, but I don't see why they can't just glue it to the which's hands.
    *An actual ending, like the DLP version. I am pretty sure with a little adjustment to the upper walls over the unload it can fit into our version

-------------------
    Peter Pan's Flight--Like DLP, I see this ride receiving two benches per a ship. This would effectively double capacity, and I don't see how it would detract from the experience seeing as there is already a mast in front of the car, blocking much of the forward view anyways. Hopefully this would make the line more bearable and efficient so it wouldn't spill out into the main path.

*After flying over london, guests will fly through the "second star on the left(?)" To the right, guests will see a digital projection of Peter, Windy, Michael, and George flying on and off a cloud, waving to guests.
    *Shortly after in the short hall between London and Neverland, guests will pass through a ring of smoke using the smoke ring effect (as seen in IJA at TDS and Winnie the Pooh rides).
    *The volcano in the middle of the island will occasionally let out a puff of red smoke as riders pass above. Again, possibly using a vertical smoke ring effect
    Besides all this, the track will be changed so the ride will go slower to add more time to the ride.

-------------------
    Alice in Wonderland--This ride is already pretty up to date thanks to recent additions, however I have a couple more of my own.

*A new "track," like that used for sliding doors, would follow the leaves on either side down the outdoor segment of Alice in Wonderland. In case of an evac, railings can "pop out" from the top, like Expedition Everest, and go down the length of the track in a matter of minutes, without ruining the aesthetics. Problem solved.
    *The Hookah-smoking Catipiller will blow smoke rings out at guests using... you guessed it... the smoke ring effect. It could even change guests and possibly be innovated to make different shapes like letters.

That's all for now, more coming soon.

Your thoughts? Your own ideas?

thanks for reading!

• Minion

Re: Fantasyland Dark Ride "enhancements"

Not new but a reinstatement of an old effect. On Alice, in the room where there are now dancing playing cards, that room used to have large teacups that blocked the track. About half the size of the teacups on Mad Tea Party. Just before you would run into one, the teacup would swing out of the way. There were 4 or 5 of the cups and it was pretty fun to go through that room. It was better than the dancing playing cards they have now. Also the series of doors you go through before going out to the leaves outside was different. They were painted with fluorescent paint as a series of doors, each one smaller than the previous, giving the impression that you were squeezing through ever-smaller doorways. Now they are painted with the playing cards, which is less effective in my opinion. Also early in the ride there was a round mirror that made your image flip upside-down as you moved closer to it, that's gone now and that was pretty neat too, because you actually appeared in the show of the ride, for a second.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Not new but a reinstatement of an old effect. On Alice, in the room where there are now dancing playing cards, that room used to have large teacups that blocked the track. About half the size of the teacups on Mad Tea Party. Just before you would run into one, the teacup would swing out of the way. There were 4 or 5 of the cups and it was pretty fun to go through that room. It was better than the dancing playing cards they have now. Also the series of doors you go through before going out to the leaves outside was different. They were painted with fluorescent paint as a series of doors, each one smaller than the previous, giving the impression that you were squeezing through ever-smaller doorways. Now they are painted with the playing cards, which is less effective in my opinion. Also early in the ride there was a round mirror that made your image flip upside-down as you moved closer to it, that's gone now and that was pretty neat too, because you actually appeared in the show of the ride, for a second.
    That sounds very fun. I've been wondering, I think the ride could do without the spinning Chesire Cat face at the end. Instead, it would be cool to see the shrinking doors you mention open up as you descend, revealing at the end the upside down room with the mirror. Even the mad tea party scene could get the addition of a few moving tea cups.

• Minion

In Pinocchio, in the Pleasure Island scene, the guy in the guard shack should be given concave eyes like in Monsters inc. so that his eyes follow you as you pass by instead of just looking back and forth.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    In Pinocchio, in the Pleasure Island scene, the guy in the guard shack should be given concave eyes like in Monsters inc. so that his eyes follow you as you pass by instead of just looking back and forth.
    95% of the time it looks like his eyes follow me.

• For Narnia and for Aslan!

Great ideas The smoke ring effect would look nice in a few more dark rides!

And the guy in Pinocchio always follows me with his eyes...creepy...
    You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

"To live would be an awfully big adventure."

• We Go On.

Love all these ideas! How about shortening the Hell scene in Mr. Toad? It takes up a huge chunk of the ride.

^ But it's so quirky I love it
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District