Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Senior Minion

Re: Water Park at Disneyland

I think adding an indoor-outdoor waterpark would be a great idea. That would really differenciate it from the competition and make it a year-round facility. I think the best location would be behind the PP hotel. That lot is big enough to add a nice size water park and another hotel. This would also provide nice views from PPH and DLH as well as the new hotel.

I think your enthusiasm for a water park is great..but IMO water parks tend to lean toward the tacky side.
    Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!!

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I think adding an indoor-outdoor waterpark would be a great idea. That would really differenciate it from the competition and make it a year-round facility. I think the best location would be behind the PP hotel. That lot is big enough to add a nice size water park and another hotel. This would also provide nice views from PPH and DLH as well as the new hotel.
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite9011 View Post
    I think your enthusiasm for a water park is great..but IMO water parks tend to lean toward the tacky side.
    have you seeen typhoon lagoon?! lol i love that place espcially the snorkeling thing
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

^^That logic is so flawed though and hurts Disney so much. Its like saying to Universal "Hey, just so you know lands based on Wizards at other theme parks are pretty tacky, so don't build TWWOHP".

From that statement are you saying that Disney is incapable of making a visually compelling, fun and interesting waterpark and I have a feeling that they are more than capable of designing a waterpark that is like nothing we have ever seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    ^^That logic is so flawed though and hurts Disney so much. Its like saying to Universal "Hey, just so you know lands based on Wizards at other theme parks are pretty tacky, so don't build TWWOHP".

From that statement are you saying that Disney is incapable of making a visually compelling, fun and interesting waterpark and I have a feeling that they are more than capable of designing a waterpark that is like nothing we have ever seen before.
    ..not sure if youre talking to me or not so im just gonna nod my head and agree..nod nod nod nod*

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

No sorry, the one above you. lol :P

oh ok..then i do agree

TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• Circle of Ancients

I've always said they should put a waterpark on the top of Mickey and Friends (on the Minnie level) and then have a huge drop slide down the side.

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRicky View Post
    Was reading a thread last night about Disney changing 'Paradise Pier' to 'Surf City', and it got me thinking...a water park at Disneyland.
    I believe the article was about Surf City being one of the name ideas
    but Disney went with Paradise Pier...not Paradise Pier becoming Surf City.

(can't find the article and proposed pics...but do remember reading it)

And a water park....I think they might do it....but not for long while. Land is so expensive.
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 07-28-2010 at 08:52 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    YES.This is how my concept idea was.An Indoor/Outdoor waterpark.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12