Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ohai

Smile Water Park at Disneyland

Hey Everybody,

Was reading a thread last night about Disney changing 'Paradise Pier' to 'Surf City', and it got me thinking...a water park at Disneyland.

What would you think if Disneyland put in a semi-large water park? No wave maker, just some of those water towers for kids and stuff. Sorta like a miniature 'Soak City' just themed to Disney stuff.

Also, where would they put it? What could they take out, so they could put in this water park? The only thing I could think of would be to expand more out of the back side of where the Maliboomer is, but it's doubtful they will do that.

Throw out some names and ideas!

Re: Water Park at Disneyland

That would be really cool! I've thought about that before...they could do something similar to blizzard beach maybe, I love the idea of the snow in California =P They CERTAINLY don't see it much!
    November 7, 2008 - My Disneyland dream came true! And is was "SUITE"!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by lnbrannon22 View Post
    That would be really cool! I've thought about that before...they could do something similar to blizzard beach maybe, I love the idea of the snow in California =P They CERTAINLY don't see it much!
    Actually, California gets quite a bit of snow. In fact in the winter all you need to do is go for an hour's drive up into the San Bernardino Mountains and there's a ton of snow up there.

What there is a lot of however is water parks. And they can't be open throughout the year. I'd rather see Disney focus on a year round park than a water park that's closed for half the year.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Actually, California gets quite a bit of snow. In fact in the winter all you need to do is go for an hour's drive up into the San Bernardino Mountains and there's a ton of snow up there.
    I knew someone would go there, haha. I know if you actually DRIVE somewhere in the winter, you can see snow...I was implying more of the Orange County area...they NEVER see it =P I live in AZ and its the same way...near Phoenix, there's never snow, but you drive about 2 hours north to Flagstaff, ta da! Snow. haha =]
    November 7, 2008 - My Disneyland dream came true! And is was "SUITE"!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

An actual Water Park that is open to the public is probably a no go for a variety of reasons......but there's no reason Disney couldn't make a new pool area for a newly themed Paradise Hotel a virtual mini-water park......maybe 2 or 3 water-park length slides plus a medium length inner-tube run with a small waterfall at the end. Perhaps a White Sand Beach with Zero Entry into the main pool. Lot's of fun diversions like Water Shooting up from one of the deck areas bordering the pool........................Disney could turn this least desired Disneyland Resort Hotel into the most desired
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

^Also, by doing this they could double the "view" rooms.....one side DCA, the other side "Surf City"

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Down Pluto!

No thanks!

A small water park area at one of the Hotels - sure. I don't go to Disneyland to go to a Water Park. There are too many of those out there already that are already established and MUCH cheaper than Disney would be.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

No. A water park at Disneyland doesn't fit there at all, and besides the resort has places where you can get wet at: thier pools.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

But then again, they could capture some of the people staying at other hotels by having a waterpark. They might even squeeze another day out of guests in the summer months.

[Also, isn't it Princeton-Plainsborough Teaching Hospital? lol]

• TiggersAreWonderfulThings

Several years ago we stayed at a hotel and would ride a shuttle bus every morning to the park. The driver would entertain us with a sort of tour speech and would always mention Disney purchasing some strawberry patches near the park and how there were plans to build a water park. Not sure if this ever happend or if it ever will but this would make more sense than putting a water park in Disnyland itself or DCA for that matter.

Not to say your idea does not make sense . . . Sorry, DisneyRicky my post seems rude, I apologize.

I actually had an imagineer like idea about the DLR in about 10 years and where it COULD be at that point in time,not where it WILL be at.One of the ideas was a smaller scale waterpark(where guests can do it in one day)that would feature fun slides and lazy rivers themed with Disney AA.A few ideas featured raft slide rides themed to the Little Mermaid and Finding Nemo.On Nemo guests would go down open slide 4 person raft then enter into the mouth of Bruce the Shark(with that large smile on his face)while he is saying he is hungry.Then as you plummet in the dark you hear a recording of Bruce saying"I will not eat fish.Fish are our friends".Then you come into another room where you exit Bruce's mouth to see Nemo,Crush,Dory,and other Nemo friends.After a few show scenes your raft would hit the pool at the end of the slide.Little Mermaid slide would be similar themed to that and a lazy river themed to Classics like Bambi,Fox and the Hound,Rescuers(some of the rides that Fantasyland doesen't have).The name I had for the park was Disney Wild Seas Waterpark.
    Last edited by Disneyland4Eva; 07-28-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: add

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisonica View Post
    Several years ago we stayed at a hotel and would ride a shuttle bus every morning to the park. The driver would entertain us with a sort of tour speech and would always mention Disney purchasing some strawberry patches near the park and how there were plans to build a water park. Not sure if this ever happend or if it ever will but this would make more sense than putting a water park in Disnyland itself or DCA for that matter.

Not to say your idea does not make sense . . . Sorry, DisneyRicky my post seems rude, I apologize.
    The strawberry field is now home to the Toy Story Parking Lot. Disney rumoured that they would be opening a third gate here shortly after the premier of DCA but when that park tanked they quickly refocused their attention.

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

how bout an indoor water park inside a giant igloo?
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by lnbrannon22 View Post
    I knew someone would go there, haha. I know if you actually DRIVE somewhere in the winter, you can see snow...I was implying more of the Orange County area...they NEVER see it =P I live in AZ and its the same way...near Phoenix, there's never snow, but you drive about 2 hours north to Flagstaff, ta da! Snow. haha =]
    Sorry to go off topic here. But this is precisely what DCA's "problem" boils down to. It was built by a bunch of people who know next to nothing about California.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

To think I was so overly qualified!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast