Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" To Replace "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" In DCA

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    If you see that DC Rocks come by, and see someone sprinting in the opposite direction... that's probably me. Me and my friends kept running into it back in 08.. got a lot of exercise that day
    Dude, I do the exact same thing! My friends and I try to go down to Blue Sky Cellar around 10:45 one day, and we hear this annoying sound coming from something that looks so weird. We see HSM3 and I'm like, "Uh noooo... Let's turn around. Run run run!!!!"

Honestly, why can't Disney just get rid of these big Promos on Wheels... They have no idea how many people do not want to watch it...

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: "Disney Channel Rocks" To Replace "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" In DCA

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    No, it's not. Nickelodeon the channel relates to Nickelodeon the cruise. Disney Channel hardly relates to California at all. Besides, I thought "hip and contemporary" is what flunked DCA in the first place.
    The fact that it even exists is what flunks it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Theoretical View Post
    Dude, I do the exact same thing! My friends and I try to go down to Blue Sky Cellar around 10:45 one day, and we hear this annoying sound coming from something that looks so weird. We see HSM3 and I'm like, "Uh noooo... Let's turn around. Run run run!!!!"

Honestly, why can't Disney just get rid of these big Promos on Wheels... They have no idea how many people do not want to watch it...
    Agreed. Just naming the show "Disney Channel Rocks" shows how much they're trying to shove it in your face. No, it doesn't rock. No, I don't want to listen to that garbage.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    What do you guys think?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s]YouTube - Darth Vader NO![/ame]

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

that sounds lame..uhmm i dont wanna see it..
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• A Suitcase & A Dream

I'm glad that HSM3 is finally ending, that stayed way longer than it needed to. I do wish they would have done a Phineas and Ferb show. The series has great music and it seems to be liked by kids and adults more than the other DC offerings. Disney Channel Rocks seems like it should replace Drawn to the Magic.

• Future Indy Castmember

I never liked HSM3 at DCA.

As far this new DCR show is concerned, I think i'll give this a shot. I do watch the Disney Channel on an "on and off" basis and have seen some of the DCOM's.

So i'll reserve judgement until this debuts and I watch it.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    That is like saying: "No more Nickelodeon on the Nickelodeon at Sea cruises!"
    No, its not.

Nickelodeon is just a handful of television programs. Essentially they are all placed on the same level.

While with Disney you have huge divisions. Divisions that are of entirely different in terms of substance and quality. For example, what ranks higher in quality Disney Channel or Disney Movies. It is more like saying "No more Jimmy Neutron on the Nickelodeon at Sea cruises!" Singling out just one relatively small section as opposed to the entire company as you did.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Ack. This does not bode well.

They should make something else like "Phineas and Ferb's Phfantastic Whatchadoooin Parade" and use the music from the show. The songs from Phineas and Ferb are ten thousand times better than HSM!

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I never liked HSM3. It's too cheesy and pathetic. I will see DCR before I make my judgement.

NOTE TO MOD: Can you change the thread from "Rumor" to "NEWS." Thanks so much, greatly appreciated.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Future Cast Member :)

This sounds awesome!

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

From DisneyParks.blog.com:

Earlier today we announced the extension of Disney’s Main Street Electrical Parade at Walt Disney World, and if that’s not enough good news for a Thursday, there’s also a fresh, new show coming to the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort this Fall.
    A live, rock-concert style show will blast popular music from a variety of Disney Channel hits, including the “High School Musical” series, “Camp Rock” and “StarStruck.” The show, which has yet to be officially named, will follow a format that is similar to “High School Musical 3: Senior Year – Right Here! Right Now!” The new show is scheduled to debut at Disney California Adventure park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on October 22.
    In order to make way for this exciting addition, the Wildcats from High School Musical will cheer in their last performance of “High School Musical 3: Senior Year – Right Here! Right Now!” at Disney California Adventure park on October 17 and Disney’s Hollywood Studios on October 2. Don’t miss your last chance to sing, dance and cheer with the Wildcats before school’s back in session, but rest assured the Wildcats will be back in a new way on October 22.

OH GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Wilderness Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    Seriously? They couldn’t have put the money from HSM3 towards Ratatouille float in Play Parade or a new show that doesn’t exclude adults etc.? They can count me in for never seeing this show.
    If this is regarding the presence of the float, it's been there the last couple times I've watched the parade. The most recent time being last week.

I agree that this seems like a complete waste of money though.
    Honestly, I think a Phineas and Ferb show would WAY trump this.
    I don't watch it, but from what I've seen it's a cool and pretty creative show.
    I imagine kids would love a stage/parade rendition of Phineas and Ferb.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    If this is regarding the presence of the float, it's been there the last couple times I've watched the parade. The most recent time being last week.

I agree that this seems like a complete waste of money though.
    Honestly, I think a Phineas and Ferb show would WAY trump this.
    I don't watch it, but from what I've seen it's a cool and pretty creative show.
    I imagine kids would love a stage/parade rendition of Phineas and Ferb.
    Thanks, Awesome. They return the float for the summer season then take it out starting fall through Spring.

• Future Disney Imagineer

As long as these types of shows disappear forever in 2012!!! For now, it is acceptable thematic-wise going through the poorly-themed performance corridor and Sunshine Plaza. The singing one sounds terrible, however the Dance one sounds interesting... This one could be fun.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast