Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

• Diva Extrodinaire

Mickey's Soundsational Comes To Disneyland in 2011!

According to the Disney Parks Blog:

A new parade, Mickey’s Soundsational Parade, will stomp, clang and drum its way to Disneyland park next year.

Today, we’re sharing the first preview of the artwork for Mickey’s Soundsational Parade. It gives you a glimpse of the vibrant colors and exciting array of Disney characters that may appear on the streets of Disneyland park in 2011.
    Plus, there are a whole lot of exciting elements for the new parade that can’t be captured in this artwork:

• The parade is an explosive music festival with thrilling rhythms and bold percussion that will bring to life some of the most beloved melodies from Disney films.
    • Live musicians will amplify the fun. Mickey Mouse and some of your favorite Disney characters will play live and will encourage members of the crowd to join a giant jam session.
    • Lively dancers will stomp out rhythms as a syncopated drum line, twinkling cymbals, steel drums and more entertain guests with sensational sounds!
    The parade promises to be the most foot-stomping, infectious festival of music you’ve ever seen — or heard! I’ve heard it’s “soundsational!”
    What do you think of this new parade? Is there a particular parade float in the artwork that you’re most excited about?
    Check back on the Blog later today for more news about shows at Disney Parks.
    YAY!
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Banned User

Re: Mickey's Soundsational Comes To Disneyland in 2011!

Looks promising. Hopefully it will turn out great!

• Established 2005

Looks beautifully designed. Let's hope this artwork translates to the physical parade.

It seems there will be 5 full-sized floats: The lead float featuring the Fab Five, Princess and the Frog, Mary Poppins, The Little Mermaid and a general Princess Float featuring Rapunzel from Tangled.

Plus, four smaller drum floats: The Three Caballeros, The Lion King, Aladdin and Peter Pan.

An interesting mix, but a wonderfully thought-out, varied musical medley. Looking forward to CASP parading toward the sunset.

• I'm not really here

Looks like they're going for CASP but fixing the two major issues it had. Lack of themed floats and pop music. Though they didn't really say anything about the music, I'm going to assume that having Disney themed floats will also mean Disney themed music. Going out on a limb there. May be totally wrong. But this may actually work really well for a parade.

I'm excited to see this one and more about it as it gets closer.

The floats look gorgeous!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Did anyone notice live music? it looks like some characters even have instruments (Louis, a no-brainer, but also look at the horns with the chimney sweeps and the 3 Caballero's mariachi band) And it also looks like there are generic band member heading the parade.
    Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

This is amazing news. With a new parade, Little Mermaid attraction and Star Tours 2 all opening in 2011. I am so going to Disneyland now

What I'm liking from the concept art shown is that it has no Pixar Characters. Finally we have something new at Disneyland that does not feature any Pixar. The concept art looks very much like that for Tokyo's Jubilation Parade. Really interested in what the finished product will look like and really pleased to see a Princess and the Frog float.

This is fantastic news. Thanks goes to the Disney Parks blog for sharing and re confirming this fantastic news.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Should be a BIG improvement. It definitely looks like they are bringing in Celebrate elements, which could be a good thing.

But seeing parade pieces themed around Disney characters, and reading the words "Disney melodies" actually gave me a sense of calm. At least they're headed in the right direction.

My first thoughts were, "Well it's about time!". I'm excited that we finally get a new parade. Long overdue! Buh bye, CASP!

• Disney Fan & Musician

Very nice! If the description is correct, it sounds like C!ASP without all of the fail.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• For Narnia and for Aslan!

This looks awesome! The concept art is beautiful! This doesn't look exactly like CASP sicne it is actually described as a "parade" as where CASP is a more of a "failure with pop music."
    You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!

"To live would be an awfully big adventure."

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Not sure about all the percussion instruments, hope it is not over the top loud.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• gyre & gimble in the wabe

Bring it on! This joint needs a new parade in the worst way!
    Feed the Birds. It's not just a song, it's a way of life.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Oh and very happy about the Mary, Ariel and Princess and the Frog Floats!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Just this guy......

Really looks great. It looks so much better that Celebration.

• The Study of Wumbo

They better release this soundtrack, if the whole theme of the parade is "music."
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast