• potterday.org

Regarding the pending Lost Bar etc refurbishments...

If this question is addressed somewhere in a thread that I have missed, please feel free to move it to said annexing thread, with that admin voodoo that yoodoo.

An alarming thought just occurred to me: if we're losing the Lost Bar (not a big deal) is there any danger of losing the Wine Cellar as well? That would make me a sad panda.
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Regarding the pending Lost Bar etc refurbishments...

Yes. the Hooks Point building - restaurant and wine cellar, are being replaced as well.

Very sad. But the new facility should be very well done.

It is really just the loss of the waterfalls and the theme of the Neverland pool that we are worried about.

Hooks Point and the Wine Cellar were great, but the facilities were not in the best of shape and were not busy. Lost Bar was just a horrible venue. The new Tiki bar should be much better.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

On a somewhat related note, were you aware that they added a new wine bar on the upstairs patio of the Trattoria at DCA? Just go up the stairs at the restaurant and onto the patio to the right. It is really lovely what they have done.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

While I would like it if the waterfalls did stay, what is there to worry about, Dusty? I have faith that Disney knows what they're doing with the remodel of this area. The Neverland pool was neat too, but the retro waterslides are much more welcome for me. I don't mean to spur up another argument, but I am just curious what you have to worry about.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    I have faith that Disney knows what they're doing with the remodel of this area.
    Give it a few more years ... and you'll soon come to understand ... the Walt Disney Co. is much more political in their handling of projects.

This entire renovation project is a mix bag.

There's only two elements that will be nice, at all.

The Lost Bar will be replaced by a new restaurant/bar that will be reminiscent of Disneyland's former Tahitian Terrace. Since it closed before you were born ... naturally .. only pictures can give you an idea. I'm looking forward to that.

Next ... The DLH Monorail Station waterslides:
    while the Mark I monorails are a part of Disneyland's rich nostalgic history .. and be interesting on a first view (which will be for hotel guests only) ... I'm not so sure the "modernistic" approach to the courtyard is going to be as relaxing as the past hotel's inner courtyard has been through the decades.

Against the harsh blue glass hotel towers ... It's a mish-mesh of designs and themes.

Then of course .. the loss of the waterfall and koi ponds that will have a walking path cutting right through where they stood, as insult to injury .......

Everything added up ...... just isn't warranting a whole lot of interest.

The people who run Disney today seemed to have adopted the way many other businesses/companies run these days - Pay more, Get Less
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 07-30-2010 at 05:53 PM.

• Artistic integrity

Soon, the only reason to visit the hotel grounds will be to eat at one of it's few restaurants. There will be no point to enjoy the surrounding atmosphere .. because there won't be any. Unless of course ... grass and conventional hotel-landscaping get your heart racing. LOL
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 07-30-2010 at 05:55 PM.

From what I was told, Crocs and Lost Bar would be moved to another part of the grounds, I think around where the Cove Pool is now. Take all that with a grain of salt. May be a new name for the place (gotta be some snack bar type place near the pool), but hopefully the same items cuz those nachos were the best.