Main Street Cinema Seasonal Theme

After seeing some of the video that was placed in for Opening Day at the Cinema, I thought why not do some seasonal themes. It would be very simple too.

During Halloween and Christmas show Disney shorts based around the holiday.

For example, at Halloween show "Lonesome Ghosts". Thoughts?

• will-o-the-whip

Re: Main Street Cinema Seasonal Theme

Sounds like a fine idea that shouldn't hard for Disney to implement. I'd love to see Mickey on Ice during the winter months. I think I'd still vote to keep Steamboat Willie in there for all seasons for historical reasons.

Tony Baxter, Kim Irvine and Josh Shipley, who is the one who put the display together, were guest presenters at the recent NFFC Disneyana Fan Club Convention and revealed the new display to the audience that day as the first fan group to be told about it. In talking about the display, they did say that now that the equipment is in place, they will be able to do other things. I do like your idea of seasonally themed material. Not only could they do seasonally themed cartoons, they could put together vintage film of seasonal celebrations from the past as well. For example, last December the Disney Parks Blog had a nice montage video of Disneyland Christmas parades through the years and one on Park Christmas decorations through the years. I'd love to see more stuff like that.

• Seeker of Fun

Sounds like a great idea!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Animatronic

I like the seasonal idea if the material is on theme. The projectors should be at 14fps and the films should be circa 1906 like Walt wanted. I'm tired of seeing small children running from the cinema crying that Mickey Mouse wasn't even created until 1928 and that their suspension of disbelief was broken.
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Tony Baxter, Kim Irvine and Josh Shipley, who is the one who put the display together, were guest presenters at the recent NFFC Disneyana Fan Club Convention and revealed the new display to the audience that day as the first fan group to be told about it. In talking about the display, they did say that now that the equipment is in place, they will be able to do other things. I do like your idea of seasonally themed material. Not only could they do seasonally themed cartoons, they could put together vintage film of seasonal celebrations from the past as well. For example, last December the Disney Parks Blog had a nice montage video of Disneyland Christmas parades through the years and one on Park Christmas decorations through the years. I'd love to see more stuff like that.

I think the seasonal vintage cartoons idea is good, too.

As for showing vintage film of previous seasonal parades and entertainment, not so sure about that. The way disney is operating these day, they might think that a video of a previous Christmas Parade would be a suitable replacement for running a Real Parade.

Wish I was joking about that concern, but it really is a concern.

To maintain the nostalgia theme, they could stick to older holiday cartoons, and only show the holiday-themed ones on a few of the available screens, keeping the current classics on the remaining screens.

• Minion

Mad Doctor and Skeleton Dance (or Haunted House, which is basically Skeleton Dance with Mickey) would also be good candidates for Halloweentime cartoons to show.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki