View Poll Results: What Type Of A Country Bear Attraction Would Be Best? Where Should It Be Placed?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Classic or new Bears show. Original place in Critter County. Get rid of Pooh.

12 21.43%
  • Classic or new Bears show. Anywhere in Critter Country, or other land. Keep Pooh.

16 28.57%
  • Mine Train Thru Bears' Wonderland. AA's perform/narrate ride. Frontierland.

3 5.36%
  • Country Bears Rockin' Space Station (HISTA Replacement) in Tomorrowland.

2 3.57%
  • Golden Horseshoe Saloon show featuring live costumed County Bears...w/ "talking Mickey" technology.

6 10.71%
  • Touring Our National Parks w/Country Bears (AA/film based "edutainment"). Adventureland.

1 1.79%
  • Classic or new Country Bears show at DCA

24 42.86%
  • Grizzly Peak Mine Train. Country Bears AA's perform in queue, & narrate ride.

14 25.00%
  • Other attraction(s).

6 10.71%
  • Ban the Bears. They make me want to hibernate.

2 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• "I Break Things"

Re: What Type Of A Country Bear Attraction Would Be Best? Where Should It Be Placed?

I did a write-up on it a while back... I'll see if I can dig it up later. My thought... take out the Brother Bear show currently playing in Redwood, redo Redwood, and construct a Cave Theater for a downsized CBJ.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: What Type Of A Country Bear Attraction Would Be Best? Where Should It Be Placed?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I just don't think that spending the money on a full out Country Jamboree style show in a theater is worh it. Yes it might be popular at first but it will eventually have the same fate the one at Disneyland had
    I think it will do better than the one in Disneyland because it won't be stuck in the very back corner of the park. People weren't willing on walking all the way back into Critter Country for one attraction than have to walk all the way back.

That's why Pooh is suffering the same fate. If it was placed in Fantasyland it would be a lot more popular.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I did a write-up on it a while back... I'll see if I can dig it up later. My thought... take out the Brother Bear show currently playing in Redwood, redo Redwood, and construct a Cave Theater for a downsized CBJ.
    Terrific! I am anxious to peruse your write-up when you post it, techskip. A Cave Theater concept for Grizzly trail has already captured my interest.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    I think it will do better than the one in Disneyland because it won't be stuck in the very back corner of the park. People weren't willing on walking all the way back into Critter Country for one attraction than have to walk all the way back.

That's why Pooh is suffering the same fate. If it was placed in Fantasyland it would be a lot more popular.
    Another true point in favor of a DCA CB show. Unlike the distantly located DL past version, a DCA show would be up close and phenomenal...considering that there would be new technology and effects. You're absolutely inKritterble.

Quote Originally Posted by starttodaybb View Post
    how about an america sings meets country bears attraction in the innovations building?
    People are already critical of attractions in TL that don't fit the theme of the future. Let's not make it worse by suggesting anything like singing animals in the old Carousel building.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by PistonCupChampion View Post
    People are already critical of attractions in TL that don't fit the theme of the future. Let's not make it worse by suggesting anything like singing animals in the old Carousel building.
    Very good point. While it sounds like a highly entertaing idea, the theming would be totally askew.

• The one, the only...

To me location is not as important as the technology of the show. If the new show did random bits and showpieces with surprise bear guests, I think it would be fun again. I would also love to see some audience interaction and shout outs.

I loved the country music theme, and feel it worked best for the show. But a little new style music, if done right, could be great.

I don't like Pooh, but DCA also needs some more AA's. Either the old location or DCA works for me.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Put them in the Innoventions building.

Get rid of the "country" theme so that they could do any kind of music.
    Space Bear Jamboree!!!!

Yes, this is it!!!
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Space Bear Jamboree!!!!

Yes, this is it!!!
    Yes! Almost like Pigs in Space, but interchangeable shows and updated.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

I'd rather see them in Critter Country than in DCA. Maybe they could put a small stage in Hungry Bear to entertain guests while they eat. Hungry Bear is dead after dark when the crowds for Splash Mountain die down so maybe the show could make it more popular after dark. They could have them sing bear versions of country pop songs (Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts, etc.) Although, they'd probably have to adopt what WDW does for the Sonny Eclipse show and limit the seating to people with food during busy hours. When the restaurant is closed they could still keep the show open.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    To me location is not as important as the technology of the show. If the new show did random bits and showpieces with surprise bear guests, I think it would be fun again. I would also love to see some audience interaction and shout outs.

I loved the country music theme, and feel it worked best for the show. But a little new style music, if done right, could be great.

I don't like Pooh, but DCA also needs some more AA's. Either the old location or DCA works for me.
    We haven't interacted on MiceChat in some time, JimineyCricketFan. Always good to hear from you.

I agree that upgraded technology is a main element that a re-establishment of a Bears themed show would require. Surpris bear guests (designed bear versions of famous figures) would be exciting and fun. Glad that you are open to a performance that offers musical veriety.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Space Bear Jamboree!!!!

Yes, this is it!!!
    Excellent idea, Jeff!!!!! That would rock Tomorrowland like there's no tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    Yes! Almost like Pigs in Space, but interchangeable shows and updated.
    Interchangeable shows would serve to keep the attraction/carrousel ride fresh and repeatable, DLFreak.

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    I'd rather see them in Critter Country than in DCA. Maybe they could put a small stage in Hungry Bear to entertain guests while they eat. Hungry Bear is dead after dark when the crowds for Splash Mountain die down so maybe the show could make it more popular after dark. They could have them sing bear versions of country pop songs (Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts, etc.) Although, they'd probably have to adopt what WDW does for the Sonny Eclipse show and limit the seating to people with food during busy hours. When the restaurant is closed they could still keep the show open.
    Yes, indeedy. A Bears show at DCA excites me much more than putting one in Critter Country again. A dinner show is a tasty idea, too...provided that bear steak is not on the menu. The dinner show would have to be limited to only one of the theaters, though...with one or two additional theaters for guests that are either not hungry, or that don't have the dough to spend.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Put them in the Innoventions building.

Get rid of the "country" theme so that they could do any kind of music.

I like that everyone else seems to have resigned themselves to Tomorrowland not making any sense any more and just going with it.

How about all through and around Grizzly River Run?

• Artistic integrity

Grizzly Peak Mine Train. Country Bears AA's perform in queue, & narrate ride.
    ^^^
    this!
    Love the idea!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast