Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Should Disneyland "borrow" SpectroMagic from WDW?

With talks today of WDW keeping our beloved Main Street Electrical Parade a little while longer, do you guys think Disneyland should maybe borrow Spectromagic? Both are essentially the same type of parade. And I'm sure they still have those floats lying around right? I know both parks are pretty busy with their evening enterainment, but I"m just asking hypothetically.

Has Disneyland ever borrowed from WDW before?

Thoughts?

Re: Should Disneyland "borrow" SpectroMagic from WDW?

I believe the whole reason MSEP is staying is so SpectroMagic can be refurbished. Therefore it's probably not available. And knowing most Disneyland fans, they wouldn't like the parade anyway since it comes from the "evil" Walt Disney World.

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by ryno1986 View Post
    I believe the whole reason MSEP is staying is so SpectroMagic can be refurbished. Therefore it's probably not available. And knowing most Disneyland fans, they wouldn't like the parade anyway since it comes from the "evil" Walt Disney World.
    I don't think any Disney or Disneyland fans don't think Walt Disney World is "evil". The problem is that attractions keep moving from park to park, so it's becoming even rarer for new completely unique ones to open. Personally, I like unique, creative attractions better. Then there's completely new experiences when someone who often visits Disneyland when they visit Walt Disney World, and vice versa.

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

With the suscess of World of Colour and Glow Fest. Plus the continued problems Disneyland faces with over crowding on night's both Magical and Fantasmic are presented. I just don't see where something like Spectromagic would fit in with the current situation. WDW lacks from a creative stand point and have not had a new parade in years. Sadly the Main Street Electrical is the best WDW Management are willing to offer. I say keep it running at WDW for a bit longer until Spectromagic is back from its refurbishment, and than ship it off to Hong Kong or back to DCA. Just don't send it back to Paris since it would only be performed once or twice a year and the floats would be slashed to about half.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

I think in a year or two the Spectro or ANYTHING would be nice for DCA again.

I guess its better to avoid a new nighttime parade now when they are doing heavy construction on the new entrance and whatever else.

Spectro would actually look pretty nice in DCA I think and hey it even has a little mermaid float .

I'd actually them scrapping the electrical parade and maybe doing something totally fresh for 2012/2013.

They could totally have a parade with fireflies from Bugs Life/ghostly Tower of Terror/Cars/Little Mermaid/Monsters Inc

heck Monsters and Tower nighttime stuff could fill a sw33t Hallow33n parade.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Minion

Add me to the "sure why not" list. Would be something different for DCA.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Banned User

I've always been surprised we never got this parade. I actually forgot it was still around. I haven't heard anyone mention it in God only knows how long. Probably back when it debuted. As for the crowds in DL, MESP ran with fireworks and F! for years and they dealt with it, so no reason not to do it again.

• Established 2005

Here's a thought. . .since WDW is in such dire need of a new parade, why haven't they made use of the Parade of Dreams floats?!

While I'd love nothing more than for Spectro to be playing here (notice my Handle), it's been said many times before that the floats are too big for Disneyland's parade route. And, I wouldn't want it at DCA at all.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    While I'd love nothing more than for Spectro to be playing here (notice my Handle), it's been said many times before that the floats are too big for Disneyland's parade route. And, I wouldn't want it at DCA at all.
    I'm one of those people who doesn't see why it'd be any different in DCA.

Actually I'm curious to see if that new garden area in the Pier will have decent seating for things like parades. Might be kinda cool if it did.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Well I like the idea of things moving from park to park. It just gives everyone a chance to get the experience. And not all of them are the same. They ALWAYS have at least one thing different. Spectro may be good for Disney but like the last people who posted something the floats would be to big. I also don't want to see it in California Adventure. I guess it is just one of those things not meant to be copied. Like the Hall of Pesidents. Could you imagine seeing that in Disneyland because we already have Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. Having 2 AA's that look exactly the same in 1 park. Only America Sings and Splash Mountain could/can get away with that.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    Here's a thought. . .since WDW is in such dire need of a new parade, why haven't they made use of the Parade of Dreams floats?!
    From what I've heard, most of the PoD floats were demolished soon after its run ended.

I would LOVE Spectro to come to DLR. The two big things that make me want to go to WDW are Specto and Expedition Everest. Bring that parade to Disneyland and I may never visit Florida again!

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoom View Post
    From what I've heard, most of the PoD floats were demolished soon after its run ended.

I would LOVE Spectro to come to DLR. The two big things that make me want to go to WDW are Specto and Expedition Everest. Bring that parade to Disneyland and I may never visit Florida again!
    You are correct. Most of the floats for POD were destroyed, but some are still around to be used for ACF.

Personally I saw Spectro once and that was enough. Wasn't very into the music or look of it.

• Artistic integrity

Correct me if I'm wrong: But I think part of the problem is the size and width of the floats. WDW's layout/pathways are wider. Disneyland's narrower paths may not have the room for the floats to get through.

Quote Originally Posted by RescueTheDay View Post
    You are correct. Most of the floats for POD were destroyed, but some are still around to be used for ACF.

Personally I saw Spectro once and that was enough. Wasn't very into the music or look of it.
    Since I heard the PoD floats were destroyed I took it as a grain of salt, still kind of do, and thought maybe all the floats were still around in a warehouse somewhere waiting to be used at WDW. Mainly because I thought WDW had purchased the floats at one point and typically stuff from DL or DCA gets sent to WDW, such as BPB. Why DL would destroy perfectly good floats is beyond me especially when MK is in diar need of a new parade. So what saved BPB from being destroyed? PoD was soo much better IMO. I do not get it.

Now Im sure somewhere here this question has been answered but what floats are still around and will be used for ACF?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast