Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

Red Face New Haunted Mansion additions?

So weve all heard about the new Haunted Mansion movie that is going to be coming out and that there will likely be additions to the ride tying into the new movie... any thoughts about what might be added... do you think it will likely be small changes such as new AAs or complete retheming of part of the ride??
    What would you like to see, if anything?
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

• Banned User

Re: New Haunted Mansion additions?

I hope they cancel the movie. I would hate to see a classic original ride get changed into a movie based ride ala Pirates.

• The Study of Wumbo

I am reasonably confident that the movie will not alter the theme or feel of the ride, and at most, add The Hatbox Ghost into the ride. But, that's a little optimistic.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• I'm not really here

Well, given that del Toro idolizes HM, I don't see his movie suggesting major changes to the ride. Maybe adding the Hatbox Ghost back in.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

That one ride they need to leave alone........as for the movie, Eddie Murphy ruined it, dont make the same mistake twice.

• Banned User

ROBINNNN!!! they won't do that! the new haunted mansion movie is going to be scary! look at Perez Hilton! duh!

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Well, given that del Toro idolizes HM, I don't see his movie suggesting major changes to the ride. Maybe adding the Hatbox Ghost back in.
    Those who created the Pirates Movie Saga didn't seek and changes to POTC, yet Disney thought it should happen.

It does scare me that Disney will touch the ride so the kids of today can relate (that seems to be the excuse for every make over so far).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• I'm a Lutheran

I'm actually thinking that Haunted Mansion Holiday may prevent any movie-based changes to the ride. It'd be kind of weird to have two movies in one ride that started out as an original ride with no movie theme at all.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

Yeah I would prefer they leave it alone... I take that back, I think they should put back the old bride and make the attic creepy again... I would hate for them to add Celebrity AAs like POTC
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

• hi!

i hope they dont cancel the movie..

..but if they touch the ride because of the movie im going to go on a crazy rampage that may involve a lot of blood
    -plagued

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreams714 View Post
    Yeah I would prefer they leave it alone... I take that back, I think they should put back the old bride and make the attic creepy again... I would hate for them to add Celebrity AAs like POTC
    What are AA's??????

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by geekedout44 View Post
    What are AA's??????
    Audio-Animatronics

• Merry 2014!

Putting an Eddie Murphy AA in the Haunted Mansion attic would make it more creepy. Heck, downright scary!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Audio-Animatronics
    totally figured that out after I posted it ha! thank you

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    Putting an Eddie Murphy AA in the Haunted Mansion attic would make it more creepy. Heck, downright scary!
    Don't give them ideas
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast