Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Flynn's Arcade To Be The Attraction "Hypercenter" Of ElecTRONica

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    I'm excited for this. I don't see any problem with Flynn's arcade being in the old Millionaire Building (temporarily). Better there than Tomorrowland. I would really love if they went all out on theme, (played 80's music, with classic arcade games) similar to Comic Con's arcade. We need to remember Flynn's arcade is abandoned in 2010, so there wouldn't be any modern arcade games.
    Agreed, k_peek. The Millionaire building has been sitting in a stagnant state for far too long. The large facility is a perfect place to house Flynn's Arcade.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Sources:
    1) friend that works at DCA that doesn't want their name
    disclosed
    That is not a source. That is a friend that works at DCA. If I wrote about all the bull I've heard cast members spew about "secret projects" I'd be wrong 95 percent of the time. I'm still waiting for that Duck Burg expansion for Toon Town... or the alternate track to pirates that uses the storage area.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post
    Remember the old Tron Tunnel used in the PeopleMover? It's still there, but left to dust. I think they might revive it soon.
    Ahh .. try this ... walk into Innoventions. Take the stairs to the second level. Stand anywhere in the middle section .. and that's right about where the SuperSpeed tunnel was.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 08-04-2010 at 03:09 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by LangenFox View Post
    Remember the old Tron Tunnel used in the PeopleMover? It's still there, but left to dust. I think they might revive it soon.
    now your speaking my language

• Artistic integrity

Fear not my friend. This has been discussed before. WDI can do anything it sets it's mind too...given the right budget. There is plenty of room on the other side of the berm...even if the attraction has to go around or underneith the diaramas...and/or beneath the road. disney will make it work even if buildings have to be moved backstage or acrross the street (after purchasing the property of course. Disney has always found a way to expand (like a river cutting a course) when it puts it's mind to the task.
    That's exactly right!

They can do whatever they want - Money permitted.

Just look at backstage:

And then look at the possibilities when you move backstage items out, and clear Innoventions, Redd Rockets, and the east wing to the Space Mountain Complex:

The possibilities to significantly add to Tomorrowland to the east ... are staggering.

Of course .. somewhere in all that ... a road to get backstage has to be in there, including the monorail "return" track. The DLRR and Grand Canyon/Primevil World Dioramas. A little skill re-imagining how to re-arrange things is possible. They could go vertical.

In the area I cleared out ... Originally there were 3 attractions (carousel theater, Mission to Mars, Magic Eye theater) ... Disney took it down to 2, turning Mission/Mars into Redd Rockets. But I see room for perhaps up to 5 total new attractions - which would bring the net total +2. With plenty room for what they have in mind with Tron.

A bit "too ambitious"? Perhaps.

I hope the area of Redd Rockets though does turn back into an attraction .. accompanied by what they intend to do for their Tron idea.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 08-04-2010 at 03:26 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob's Sock View Post
    That is not a source. That is a friend that works at DCA. If I wrote about all the bull I've heard cast members spew about "secret projects" I'd be wrong 95 percent of the time. I'm still waiting for that Duck Burg expansion for Toon Town... or the alternate track to pirates that uses the storage area.
    A Duck Burg expansion would add a wonderful element of immersive fun to Toon Town. Nevertheless, I the added information as to what will be in Flynn's Arcade has more of a credible rumor status due to the fact that it is a fact a DCA version is going to be built...and that most of the things I mentioned are in the Tron/Flynn's Arcade videos...not just my undisclosed sourse alone. What is the fun of a rumors if one has to pre-establish them as absolute fact prior to posting them?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Ahh .. try this ... walk into Innoventions. Take the stairs to the second level. Stand anywhere in the middle section .. and that's right about where the SuperSpeed tunnel was.
    Sweet! I didn't realize that. Guess that we can forget about incorporating it into a new ride now.

Fear not my friend. This has been discussed before. WDI can do anything it sets it's mind too...given the right budget. There is plenty of room on the other side of the berm...even if the attraction has to go around or underneith the diaramas...and/or beneath the road. disney will make it work even if buildings have to be moved backstage or acrross the street (after purchasing the property of course. Disney has always found a way to expand (like a river cutting a course) when it puts it's mind to the task.
    True but there are always limits on these things, so I remain skeptical

it'd be nice if Disney would expand their monorail and yet that is pretty much not happening at any of the resorts.

As far as expansion goes, Tomorrowland is a fairly difficult nut to crack but if they're dedicated they will.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Iron-Clad Allie

That's exactly right!

They can do whatever they want - Money permitted.

Just look at backstage:

And then look at the possibilities when you move backstage items out, and clear Innoventions, Redd Rockets, and the east wing to the Space Mountain Complex:

The possibilities to significantly add to Tomorrowland to the east ... are staggering.

Of course .. somewhere in all that ... a road to get backstage has to be in there, including the monorail "return" track. The DLRR and Grand Canyon/Primevil World Dioramas. A little skill re-imagining how to re-arrange things is possible. They could go vertical.

In the area I cleared out ... Originally there were 3 attractions (carousel theater, Mission to Mars, Magic Eye theater) ... Disney took it down to 2, turning Mission/Mars into Redd Rockets. But I see room for perhaps up to 5 total new attractions - which would bring the net total +2. With plenty room for what they have in mind with Tron.

A bit "too ambitious"? Perhaps.

I hope the area of Redd Rockets though does turn back into an attraction .. accompanied by what they intend to do for their Tron idea.
    I think your spacing ideas are right on the money, Tomorrowland. Thanx for the trouble you went to in producing the maps. Any backstage buildings used for storage, etc, can easily have whatever is inside them moved to other places in Anaheim. Keep in mind also that Disney could always buy up property across the street as well, and convert it into an extension of Tomorrowland.

• Artistic integrity

I think your spacing ideas are right on the money, Tomorrowland. Thanx for the trouble you went to in producing the maps. Any backstage buildings used for storage, etc, can easily have whatever is inside them moved to other places in Anaheim. Keep in mind also that Disney could always buy up property across the street as well, and convert it into an extension of Tomorrowland.
    What's going to be intriguing is how Disney goes about creating an overhead bridge to connect the future Pumbaa Parking Structure .. and dump people into the eastern side of the esplanade.

I'm curious if they buy out one of the motels across the street .. and build a corridor that runs straight through, and over Harbor Blvd.

This is actually very interesting to see what they do ... as a Tron backstage show building .. and connecting bridge descending down to the east esplanade will both be near each other.

And the timing on how they go about both should will be a story to follow. (Because what they do that's between the "Pumbaa" bridge and a Tron showbuilding will be curious!!)

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    True but there are always limits on these things, so I remain skeptical

it'd be nice if Disney would expand their monorail and yet that is pretty much not happening at any of the resorts.

As far as expansion goes, Tomorrowland is a fairly difficult nut to crack but if they're dedicated they will.
    Right on, Jspider. Although I'm not certain about future expansion plans for the monorail, it may come as good news to you that a contemporary Disney People Mover is going to be built between the Disneyland Resort ant the high coming speed rail station that will be placed by the Los Angelos Airport.

• Iron-Clad Allie

What's going to be intriguing is how Disney goes about creating an overhead bridge to connect the future Pumbaa Parking Structure .. and dump people into the eastern side of the esplanade.

I'm curious if they buy out one of the motels across the street .. and build a corridor that runs straight through, and over Harbor Blvd.

This is actually very interesting to see what they do ... as a Tron backstage show building .. and connecting bridge descending down to the east esplanade will both be near each other.

And the timing on how they go about both should will be a story to follow. (Because what they do that's between the "Pumbaa" bridge and a Tron showbuilding will be curious!!)
    So many possibilities. It's all so exciting. I think expansion across Harbor Blvd. is not a question of "if", but "when"?

• Artistic integrity

Actually RideWarrior ... pardon me ...

on closer inspection .. the alignment of the Pumbaa parking lot and the space Disney is aquiring from Odetics to the north .. even if they line up a corridor to spill into the former Timon lot parking trams "drop off/pick up"... construction on any bridge over Harbor would come actually further south.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Actually RideWarrior ... pardon me ...

on closer inspection .. the alignment of the Pumbaa parking lot and the space Disney is aquiring from Odetics to the north .. even if they line up a corridor to spill into the former Timon lot parking trams "drop off/pick up"... construction on any bridge over Harbor would come actually further south.

As long as there is a doable place to build the bridge...that's all that matters. You have a great critical/technical eye.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Romantic View Post
    I think even if the movie underperforms, you could still manage an attraction just by basing it more on the original movie, which has a pretty sizable cult following anymore. The only danger you run into is people thinking more of the recent failure rather than the classic Tron.
    Extremely long shot of that ever happening, IMO. The original movie is nearly 30 years old. Don't get me wrong, I love Tron and am looking forward to the new movie, but if it flops I think your point is the most relevant to their decision. Most people would associate the ride with the recent movie regardless of what was even in the attraction itself. Really, I hope the movie does well at the box office and is actually good. The possibilities for a Tron attraction are nearly endless.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast