• The one, the only...

The time is NOW to bring a friend to Disneyland

For most of us on the boards, we know that Disneyland has been VERY crowded this summer. We also know that it has continued to be unusually backed for Fall.

COULD DISNEYLAND THIS YEAR ONCE AGAIN BECOME THE MOST VISITED AMUSEMENT PARK IN THE WORLD?

Last year the most visited amusement parks in the world were in order:

Magic Kingdom in Orlando
    Disneyland in Anaheim
    Tokyo Disneyland in Japan

According to Disney Management, WDW attendance is down slightly. That might mean MK too. Tokyo attendance is flat. Only Disneyland has had a spike in attendance this year. If this November and December are record months, then Disneyland's attendance could exceed that of the Magic Kingdom for the first time in a very long time. It would be gold star for Matt Ouimett and reward this team for the improvements they have made. It would be a great 50th anniversary present for Disneyland too. (It might bring more money for even more improvements.)

So bring a friend to Disneyland. Make an extra visit each month. Let's see if we can put Disneyland's attendance over the top.

(One note: If you park hop, the park entered first gets the attendance recorded. The second park gets nothing. So make sure that you enter Disneyland first when you visit.)
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Photographer/Disney Lover

Re: The time is NOW to bring a friend to Disneyland

Will do!

Wow, exceeding WDW?! Thats unheard of in there here parts! I would be very proud that I can count myself in like 30 or 40 of the people visited! Yes....

Now gotta go make it 50 visits for the year!
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

• Vehicle rotating backward

It's kind of a hollow victory, yes? The parks are listed seperately so who knows what the WDW total would look like. And the DL attendance is strongly pay-once APs who come back again and again many times through the year, while a majority of the attendance at MK is strongly pay-per-day visitors, and guess which of those formulas will bring the company more money?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Wow, very cool! Maybe Disneyland will now stay popular, and will always be the most popular park! Maybe disneyland will see this change because Matt and his team have made it what it was! Disneyland!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Oh yeah with the sound of things since May5th, couple with flat WDW attendance (rumored) and lower TDL attendance (confirmed) I think Disneyland will have no problem being 2005's top theme park. Which will be great because it'll have gone TDL 2003, MK 2004, DL 2005.
    It'll be Hong Kong's turn for 2006, they can push through 17 million in 11 months can't they?

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    It's kind of a hollow victory, yes? The parks are listed seperately so who knows what the WDW total would look like. And the DL attendance is strongly pay-once APs who come back again and again many times through the year, while a majority of the attendance at MK is strongly pay-per-day visitors, and guess which of those formulas will bring the company more money?
    it doesn't matter if they are pay-once APers...true they are paying once for the ticket, but APers are there more often, and potentially spend more money at the restaurants and buying limited edition merch and all that jazz. go Disneyland, go!!

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

I will bring my friends

• Waiting for the monorail

I'll bring my friends, just making sure not to bring them on Vetern's day or we'll all end up at DCA :P

• The one, the only...

It is notable that one day after I post encouraging people to go to Disneyland. Disneyland reaches capasity.

THERE MUST BE A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO READ MICECHAT!

Although this is a holiday, it is not a major one. Also DL did not reach capasity even on its real 50th birthday! WOW!

Keep it up! Tell a friend!!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I'm trying to get a few extra friends to go on our annual Sunday after Thanksgiving trip but I'm afraid it'll be so busy they won't have a good time and won't want to come back.

But I want them to come because I want to share the expirience with them, not to inflate the numbers so DL's number 1.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• See you there!

Would truley be interesitng to have DL out score MK.

But, but, does anybody know what the difference is between the MK and DL attendence figures?

I know that for example the resorts at WDW have close to 20k to 30K staying there each night, just interested in Disney parks (especially MK). Then there is the surrounding area, immediate and within 20 miles. Well, I don't realy that Ahaheim has a that kind of Disney crowd (day to day, year round).

Not sure that even with the APs at DL that there could be "serious" competition. Oh, yeah, APs at WDW, well, they also have a fair share of locals, and people who vacation several times per year.

Things could get real interesitng (in terms of attendence) this year though.

Last: When and where will the final results be known? Considering how Disney guards things like this, will we ever know?

CU@DL

Andy