Picnics sold out for WOC next week -- suggestions?

Next week is my annual trip to the DLR w/ my niece (we do it every year) - we purchased the 3-day So-Cal Park Hopper from Vons - staying at the Hilton.

Trouble is, the "reserved" picnic/fast-pass option for WOC is sold-out for Tue-Thur that we're going to be there for. Was really interested in that.

Options are trying to get passes for the 11:15 show or buying a picnic on the day of the show (but having to take the picnic at the time of purchase).

Any suggestions? Is it better to buy the picnic for the 2nd show and just eat the picnic as lunch or is it too terribly difficult to get passes for the 11:15 show?

Re: Picnics sold out for WOC next week -- suggestions?

It's actually pretty easy to get Fastpasses to the 11:15 show. They usually run out sometime around 2pm but it's not uncommon for them to be available as late as 4pm or sometimes as late as 6:30pm. Still, try to get there as soon as you can but it's really not hard to get Fastpasses.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

If you're there for 3 days, then I recommend just getting there an hour before DCA opens on one morning and get those fastpasses for whatever show you end up getting. Save your hard earned money because $15 CAN get you a good meal at Disneyland/DCA. Those picnic lunches are NOT IT.

If you buy the picnic the day of, you're gonna be toting that around as soon as you buy it. So perhaps if you DO decide to go for the picnic dinner, eat it for lunch.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    If you're there for 3 days, then I recommend just getting there an hour before DCA opens on one morning and get those fastpasses for whatever show you end up getting. Save your hard earned money because $15 CAN get you a good meal at Disneyland/DCA. Those picnic lunches are NOT IT.

If you buy the picnic the day of, you're gonna be toting that around as soon as you buy it. So perhaps if you DO decide to go for the picnic dinner, eat it for lunch.
    I agree with this. Save the money and just get up early one day.

• DCA FTW!

I agree with the rest, save your cash and get there early.

As a side tip: Don't get there too early cause then you'll end up with blue and personally I'm not a fan of blue cause of its awkward spot to the left facing Ariel's grotto. Try to get there about 20 min before opening, once they let everyone in and you WALK to the Fastpass spot you should hopefully score yellow. It's worked for me 5 times out of 7 Good luck! Don't be bummed if you don't get yellow, because as long as you have a fast pass for it you're gonna be in a great spot, enjoy the show!
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• I'm not really here

I too have to agree about getting there early one day. If you're in line at DCA even 40 - 45 minutes early, once the park opens you will have a minimal wait (20 - 30 minutes) for your FPs. The line inside once you get to Grizzly really moves very quickly. Of course, the earlier you get to DCA the more to the front of the line you will be. This is also good because it means after getting your WoC FP, you can head back to TSMM and get on that with a small wait as well as that line is almost always 40 minutes these days.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Wilderness Explorer

The website is actually incredible deceiving, while it says they're sold out... they're only sold out for the 9:00 show since that's all they sell online.
    If you show up the day-of and buy a picnic meal, they give you passes to the 10:15 show no problem.
    (9:00 meals sold online, 10:15 meals sold day-of, no meals for 11:15 show).
    The picnic place opens at 11:30, but the CMs were saying that even on busy days showing up at 2 should be all right... but if you want, show up around noon to be safe.
    Keep in mind that you have to get your meal when you buy it, you can't buy it and pick it up later.

While getting there early for a fastpass can be a really good idea... if you're not early enough, it's still a toss-up as to which section you'll get.
    We've gotten lucky and gotten fastpasses for Blue at the 10:15 show... but had we been even a little earlier we would've gotten red for the 9 (or something like that).
    The good thing about picnic meals is that they guarantee you fairly good seats (assuming you get in line an hour ahead of the show).

So it's your call, maybe try your luck at the fastpasses early in the morning, and if you get crappy seats, pick up a picnic meal.

Under an Umbrella in Portland! Just a short 2 hour flight from Anaheim

I went to the park on Tuesday afterwork and at 6pm, there were still picnic lunches available for that night's show. I believe they had all but one of the seven types still available.

I got the PB J because my nephew likes it when I send him the blinkie light-up bracelet you get with it.

have a great trip.
    Glory, Glory Man United! And the Reds go marching on! On!! ON!!!

I survived my first Marathon. Got my Mickey at WDW after 6:22:08 of "fun" on the course. Not happy with the time, so I will go back and be getting Goofy next year!

To be honest with you, if this is a special trip for you and If this is the first time you will see this show. Make reservations for the $39 dollar per person dinner at the Tatoria, this includes a ticket to the best preferred standing area.

If you make your dinner reservation for 5pm or so (yes a little early but worth it) you will have plenty of time to finish Dinner and get to the area waiting for the Preferred standing location are to open up, 7:15pm. Once you get to the preferred standing area, I recommend staking out a spot at the gate. You have perfect unobstructed views and will also have interaction with the pre-show performers. It is a little pricey but it sure beats waiting for fast passes and waiting in the line once you have a fast pass to find a place to stand etc. etc.

Trust me if it is your first time seeing the show it will be a great experience. Also if you see the first show you will not have the show spoiled by seeing and hearing the previous shows while waiting in the "fast pass waiting area"

Have Fun!

p.s (the preferred dining area is much less crowded and is a huge bonus for people who do not like being smushed by crowds)