Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DL in 20-100 years..?

In 20 years where do you think DL will be? 30 years? maybe even 100?

I'm wondering if DL will still be relevant in 50 years!
    Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: DL in 20-100 years..?

1313 S Harbor blvd.

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Seriously, though I think that in a 100 years Disneyland will still be there.......but the only way one will be able to see it will be to sign up for a tour ......no rides, no shows, just tours showing where the rides and shows once existed

Kinda like Hearst Castle.

^^
    Lets hope this doesen't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwhite9011 View Post
    In 20 years where do you think DL will be? 30 years? maybe even 100?

I'm wondering if DL will still be relevant in 50 years!
    In 20 years which would be 2030 I hope we have 4 theme parks.One in 2020(WestCott) and another in 2025(Disney Magic Wonders Park).Also by this time DCA and DL would see vast improvements to certain areas of the park.I could aslo see a waterpark and a mini indoor mall called Mouseporium with 3 levels.First floor shopping and dining,second floor and indoor/outdoor mini golf course,and third level DisneyQuest.What I'm trying to say is that by 2030 in 20 years I could see us being WDW West.In 100 years IDK.

• =)

I've wondered about this quite a bit, and I can't say I've come up with a satisfactory answer. There's simply no precedent. Sure, there have been other, older amusement parks that had their time and then faded away. Some have even lingered with a slow flow of updates (e.g. the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk). But none of these were icons on the scale of Disneyland, with Coney Island being perhaps somewhat of an exception. None of them had the backing of insanely huge international entertainment corporations.

Knott's has been around for longer than Disneyland, of course, and it is or at least was a theme park. But changes of ownership have given it a quite different life story than Disneyland's. And there are the other Disney parks, of course, but they're useless because they're all younger.

So...just throwing out some wildly uneducated guesses here. In 20 years, I predict that things won't be that fundamentally different. I suppose it's possible we'll have a third gate by then, but I'm not holding my breath. If things keep going the way they currently are, we can expect that nearly everything added between now and then will be based on existing franchises. The lack of available space will mean that most changes require the removal of an extant attraction or facility. My guess is that the small, lesser attractions will be the first to go for that. Oh, and the festival arena will probably have something in it. Tomorrowland will get an update at some point in those 20 years, too.

At the 50-year mark...well, all the older attractions will have been retrofitted for safety reasons, I'm sure. Film-based attractions that are currently there will be updated or completely gone (e.g. Soarin', Star Tours II, ITTBAB). Disneyland's 100th birthday will bring in a lot of crowds. Most of the really major E-tickets could still be there, but it's hard to say. Will people in 2060 be interested in a 90-year-old ride about pirates? I know I'll be, assuming I'm around...but it's harder to predict how the public will feel.

In 100 years...I have no idea. I predict that something will still remain. Not sure in what form. Main Street and the castle will still be there. Everything else...I really couldn't say. But I daresay Disneyland stands a better chance of surviving that long than DCA does.

As long as the Disney company still exists and is still making money, I don't see Disneyland disappearing. It certainly may change, but that's always been the nature of the park. It won't be the Disneyland we or our kids grew up with, perhaps, but the concept of a theme park isn't something I foresee going away, and Disney parks stand so completely head-and-shoulders above the rest that it would really require a major event to take their place.

With the birth of the computer age and technological advances like nuts in the last fifty years there have been plenty of opportunities for the park to become obsolete, but so far, they and we haven't let it. It would really take a lot to make people stop wanting a place like Disneyland to exist.
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

I was just asking my husband the other day if we can go for the 100th anniversary lol im planning on Disneyland being there forever
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

• Minion

I'm glad to read about the future Disneyland which indicates that it could stand the test of time. It may not last past 100 years from now since all things come to an end. With load of TLC and a good body of supporters, it will go far. When I go to Yesterland, I'll be happy to climb aboard the People Mover again, and again.
    I'm thinking there could be a good renisannce which could last about 25 or so years especially after much of the planned restructures are completed. Disneyland will grow larger. Prices will climb. And an NFL team will return to Anaheim.

• The Study of Wumbo

I don't think we can fathom what the world will look like, even in 100 years. It would be great if the parks could endure as quality attractions. My home amusement park, Rye Playland, was the first planned amusement park in the country and that opened over 80 years ago. Lake Compounce, another nearby park, is the oldest operating amusement park in the continent and it started hundreds of years ago.

I think that, unless some catastrophic event were to happen to the Earth, (giant methane bubble, anyone?) then Disneyland will live on in some form or fashion forever.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• I'm a Lutheran

Even if it goes defunct I'm sure they'll make it a state park or something. Let's hope it doesn't go defunct though!
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    nooo what is wrong with you?! Lol

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I know it's hard to imagine that Disneyland will never be anything but the most awesome place on Earth and that even a 100 years from now it will be still going strong but I bet back in 1978 no one dreamed that Disco wouldn't last another 100 years either......it died 3 years later

• Vroom, vroom!

Allow me to quote myself on a line from my song.
    "Everything must die, so I'll burn the world allive. By divine insperation, destruction comes to mind."
    now im not telling you im gonna destroy a thing here, im saying that all things good and bad end someday, and yes disneyland will have a destruction date.
    But I hope its not for a thousand millenia.
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast