Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• The one, the only...

Re: Future of Bountiful Valley Farm?

I am glad it is going. Why would any parent think that paying $72 is right to have your kids play in the sprinklers? It was a poor concept and a poor execution.

I am looking forward to Carsland. Other than it having a crappy name, it should be a great improvement to DCA.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanGiant View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Farmer's Market and Sam Andreas Shakes are going to stay. On the California Adventure map, they're listed as separate attractions, while Bountiful Valley Farm is simply those "fields" and water play area. So not much of a loss...

Maps | Disneyland Resort

Actually the Farmers market structure sits right on top of the main drag/road into CarsLand, It will be demolished. The same with Sam Andreas Shakes.

PT flea will also be removed but that structure will be relocated to the new garden area near Mullholland.

The irrigation water play area will be part of Mater The entrance of bugsland, the ITTBAB show and walkway into FFF will stay and will be the remaining part of BUGSLAND.

The good thing is that Mater is set in a junkyard scene within a farm area and the vehicles are runaway tractors. The transition should work nicely with lots of landscape

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Hopefully they will eliminate most of the outdoor queue area for Bug's Life 3D movie. That's currently just a big waste of space.

I agree, i have always said that WDI should consider removing the old fastpass canopy and part of the outside ITTBAB queue near the parade route. That area along with the large planter that has orange trees would be the perfect spot for another mission style building that would compliment the CArthay and the wine room across the way.

They could make it a nicely themed eatery and sell stuff like in farmers market or a shop.

at the same time the Bugsland marqueue should be pushed backand redsigned to be a bit smaller. With the new walkway from tower FFF will get the guest traffic that the large marquee was suppose to draw in.
    The large walkway reconfigured a bit so that people are forced to pass in front of the ITTBAB entrance. The Marquee could be a nite lattice structure with the bugsland name on it. Make the area look as if you are going to the back gardens of some old mission structures. Think the Germany world pavilion in Epcot

Bugsland could be made to fit the theme so much better by playing the "Garden with bugs" idea. That little planter that breaks the walkway replaced by a nice cantera fountain with small bug statues.

The possibilties of maing this land work within the makeover are there.

• will-o-the-whip

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    I am glad it is going. Why would any parent think that paying $72 is right to have your kids play in the sprinklers?
    Very, very few parents ever paid $72 to go to DCA. Single-day ticket sales at DCA are close to nil.
    Parents with APs for the entire family have been very willing to let their little ones have some fun at the irrigation sprinklers, which are much nicer than anything I've seen at any public park. It certainly wasn't a indispensable area to DCA, but it was nice and fun nonetheless. I wish they'd demolish Francis Boogie (which looks like a downsized Mater anyway) and put the irrigation sprinklers there. Kids like to play in water, let them do it in Bug's Land.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I agree, i have always said that WDI should consider removing the old fastpass canopy and part of the outside ITTBAB queue near the parade route. That area along with the large planter that has orange trees would be the perfect spot for another mission style building that would compliment the CArthay and the wine room across the way.

They could make it a nicely themed eatery and sell stuff like in farmers market or a shop.

at the same time the Bugsland marqueue should be pushed backand redsigned to be a bit smaller. With the new walkway from tower FFF will get the guest traffic that the large marquee was suppose to draw in.
    The large walkway reconfigured a bit so that people are forced to pass in front of the ITTBAB entrance. The Marquee could be a nite lattice structure with the bugsland name on it. Make the area look as if you are going to the back gardens of some old mission structures. Think the Germany world pavilion in Epcot

Bugsland could be made to fit the theme so much better by playing the "Garden with bugs" idea. That little planter that breaks the walkway replaced by a nice cantera fountain with small bug statues.

The possibilties of maing this land work within the makeover are there.
    These would all be nice improvements for sure. I think a building in the unneeded queue space would provide a better transition from BVS to BL and CL for sure. I could even imagine it selling some cool California culture/Disney themed items there. I've always thought it would be cool if they sold some nice villain pinatas in DCA and that could be a good spot. I'd love to knock the candy out of Jafar.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Seems like there is some confusion on how Carsland is going to fit into this area. I think I have a pretty good idea but suck at making those map thingies with overlays. Anyone willing to make a map showing where everything will fit in

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Seems like there is some confusion on how Carsland is going to fit into this area. I think I have a pretty good idea but suck at making those map thingies with overlays. Anyone willing to make a map showing where everything will fit in
    Here you go...I overlayed the Carsland map from the newspapers as well as the RSR plans from one of the Blue Sky videos. I think this is the most accurate info available to what they are building.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

/\ Nice photo.

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    I've never visited DCA but it looked to me like Bountiful Valley Farms was one of the most charming parts of the park.
    Charming...not really. Potential? Lots. But if it is going, oh well. It doesn't add a whole lot to the park...and losing it won't detract from the park in any way.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Thank you Uncle Bob! That is great and helps out a lot with understanding the placement of things. I appreciate the effort

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    Really? No more water play area for the kids? That's kind of a shame.
    I wonder if we're seeing the slow demolition of Bug's Land piece by piece...
    There is Princess Dot Puddle Park within Flicks Fun Faire:
    California Adventure - Princess Dot Puddle Park

Which is far better themed .. than the rather utilitarian sprinklers that will give way to Junkyard Jamboree.

I doubt FFF will be on the "chopping block" for a very long time. It may be lacking for adults .. but it's one of the few better themed areas in DCA. Built after the fact, the park initially opened. And it's what was built at opening in 2001 is what IS on the chopping block.

And if Princess Dot is not enough ... there is the new water play fountains within WoC's viewing area. And if the kiddies are just itching to get drenched ... LOL ... there's GRR and Splash Mountain in DL.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 08-08-2010 at 07:21 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

The only bad thing about the farms leaving is that it leaves a large part of California's history out of DCA. I guess it is all for the greater good.
    -the greater good-
    Do we have any concept work showing how the view will be into Carsland from the parade route?

here is a visual of what i think might work to make bugsland fit better with its surrounding.

The light blue rectangle would be a new Lattice arch that would serve as the entrance to the garden and have the bugsland marquee.

the area between the entrance of the outside ITTBAB queue and the new structure would be reconfigured to serve as a landscaped area and stroller parking.

the new northern structure would be near the bottom south of the Carthay so the transition would work nicely and it would give this long stretch of parade route some more live and something for guests to look at and do.

They would make the perfect little shop or even a small eating/candy facility that would make a killing during parade showings
    Last edited by Baloo; 08-08-2010 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    Very, very few parents ever paid $72 to go to DCA. Single-day ticket sales at DCA are close to nil.
    Parents with APs for the entire family have been very willing to let their little ones have some fun at the irrigation sprinklers, which are much nicer than anything I've seen at any public park. It certainly wasn't a indispensable area to DCA, but it was nice and fun nonetheless. I wish they'd demolish Francis Boogie (which looks like a downsized Mater anyway) and put the irrigation sprinklers there. Kids like to play in water, let them do it in Bug's Land.
    the whole center portion of Flick Fun Faire is a big water play area divided into two sections. I don't think it needs another water area.

If Francis was to go i think it would be the perfect place for a snack area. They could child size servings of fruits, juices, and maybe even smaller corn dogs.

I'm not sure what else would fit in that small footprint

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    Does this mean that the Farmer's Market is closing the same day?! Last chance for corn dog and fish and chips!
    Add to that the Mozerella Sticks and fries- those I'll miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    ^This.

ever since i first went in 2001, i thought that it was the most boring area that shouldn't be in a disney park.
    If it'll make you feel better, when the park first opened Bountiful Valley Farm was my least favorite area in all of DCA. I didn't care for ITTBAB when it first opened (in fact it kind of freaked me out-mostly the element of surprise), and I personally wouldn't care if Bountiful Valley Farm went.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Here you go...I overlayed the Carsland map from the newspapers as well as the RSR plans from one of the Blue Sky videos. I think this is the most accurate info available to what they are building.

What is the square right below the red/white tent?

Thanks for the map. It's the first time I could actually visualize the location of things.

Now the question is, are there blue sky plans for the parking lot below TOT and to the right of Carsland?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast