Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Shiver Me Knee Caps

Re: Future of Bountiful Valley Farm?

That little square is where they were originally planning on having a "Drive-In" style restaurant where you could sit in cars and watch "movies" on a screen while you eat just like the one in the former MGM Studios. I forget the name. The entire thing would be indoors and mimic a night scene with stars moon etc. Servers skating around bringing malts and shakes like in the 50's heyday...but I think those plans have been put on the back burner. Why?? I have no clue. DCA is in desperate need of quality dining options...

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Dick O Dell View Post
    That little square is where they were originally planning on having a "Drive-In" style restaurant where you could sit in cars and watch "movies" on a screen while you eat just like the one in the former MGM Studios. I forget the name. The entire thing would be indoors and mimic a night scene with stars moon etc. Servers skating around bringing malts and shakes like in the 50's heyday...but I think those plans have been put on the back burner. Why?? I have no clue. DCA is in desperate need of quality dining options...

The restaurant at Disney's Hollywood Studios is called the Sci-Fi Drive-In Theater, and it really is a fun and atmospheric restaurant that would be a perfect fit for Carsland. I think I've heard it may still be built in the mythical Phase 2, if dining options are needed (but to be honest, they already are!).

• Senior Minion

Yeah, I think the drive-in will still be built eventually. According to the WDI I've talked to they said it's still in the long term plans, but they weren't sure when.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    The restaurant at Disney's Hollywood Studios is called the Sci-Fi Drive-In Theater, and it really is a fun and atmospheric restaurant that would be a perfect fit for Carsland. I think I've heard it may still be built in the mythical Phase 2, if dining options are needed (but to be honest, they already are!).
    I ate at Sci-Fi Drive-In, the atmosphere was great, but the food was, um, ok but not worth the price. I am kind of glad they didn't put a new Sci-Fi Drive-In Type of restaurant in Phase 1.

Timekeeper

•   
    • Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    in the mythical Phase 2,
    LOL I've been looking for the perfect phrase to depict this "next phase" in DCA ... that actually may never come to pass - but we hope!

• Disneyland's the best!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    It's a pointless waste of space and I'm glad to see it go. I hope the rest of Bugs Land goes eventually too.
    My thoughts exactly.
    It's easy enough to be pleasant
    when life hums along like a song.
    But the man worth while
    is the man who can smile
    when everything goes dead wrong.

I am going to miss Farmers Market but good riddance to the rest, if Disney put a lot of effort into Bountiful Valley Farm could have been great. I hope this also means their planning to get rid of a bugsland; the rides are lame and are opposite what the company should be making.
    Come all and read about my new Tomorrowland

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

I'm going to miss these guys ...

• Peaches and Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I'm going to miss these guys ...

I have been to DCA quite a few times and i have never seen those 2 cows. My first reaction to them was "Oh i saw something like that outside that mexican supermarket on 9th avenue."

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Lightbulb Re: Future of Bountiful Valley Farm?

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    the whole center portion of Flick Fun Faire is a big water play area divided into two sections. I don't think it needs another water area.

If Francis was to go i think it would be the perfect place for a snack area. They could child size servings of fruits, juices, and maybe even smaller corn dogs.

I'm not sure what else would fit in that small footprint
    A snack area could work, but another idea is one that I'm sure would get mixed reviews. Why not change it into a "A Bug's Life" characters "meet-n-greet" area? Granted it would be another case of "swap an attraction out for 'nothing'," but at least the characters would have their own spot.

Flavor swirl ice cream is history and now Sam Adreas shakes are going away? What next Burrbank ice cream?!?!
    Matthew

here is a revise map of the concept i had mentioned a few posts back.

note: i copy and pasted new orleans square to the area that i believe should be redesigned. i just took a screen shot of both areas and superimposed them. The scale is off but it gives an idea of what could be done with less structures and a diferent layout.

i did re-arrange the structure of the French market restuarant but i kept it the same size. the eating area was eliminated but i added two seating areas a few steps away on both sides of the walkway.

the blue canopy half way into the main entry is a lattice shape that would serve two purposes. the first is to create a entry arch into the garden area "Bugsland" and it would also have a nice marquee for bugsland but with a less cartoony form. once guest pass the archway the landscaping would have the large statues of the bugs.

Note that i also reconfigured the entryway for ITTBAB and it now zigzags behind the small shops. those structures backwalls will be mostly blocked with tall bamboo and other space saving greenery like ivy.

I also re-arranged the exit a bit and gave it "U" turn so that it forces the majority of guests towards FFF

the gazebo right before FFF would be used for greet and meets of the bugs characters

NOTE: the architecture of the area would be nothing like new Orleans but instead be themed properly to fit well between BVS and the winery. This could even be all made to look like a small section of San Francisco but of course would contain more than just restrooms. Again all the structures are to size and i only included the shop structures and nothing of the pirate show building or blue bayou.

since there is no need for more restuarants the structure that is cafe Orleans would be used as something else

note: according to bing the area i used for the structures is about 13,500 square feet for comparison ITTBAB sow building is 18,000sq
    Last edited by Baloo; 08-15-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234