Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking More news about ElecTRONica street party and a new TRON ride in tomorrowland!

la times report more about ElecTRONica, a new street party, and a possibility of a new TRON ride in tomorrow land!

here's the link: ‘Tron: Legacy’ dance party set for Disney California Adventure this fall - Travel - LATimes.com

" I fight for the users"

• Unhelpful User

Re: More news about ElecTRONica street party and a new TRON ride in tomorrowland!

It's not already out yet... and I'm already sick of Tron. An e-ticket is fine... everything else is just overkill. Give us non-tie ins; they work.

• Banned User

Re: More news about ElecTRONica street party and a new TRON ride in tomorrowland!

The real news is the mention of MiceAge in the article. Honestly, they know nothing more than what we do.

• Shifting cargo

Gosh I hope this is just speculation.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Banned User

New buzz has surfaced about possible new Tron attraction coming to Disneyland. The questioned was asked before when Disney’s President of Production/Tron Legacy producer Sean Bailey at Comic-Con this past year, was asked if there would be a Tron Legacy presence at Disneyland parks. He stated...

We don’t know yet. Look, as a kid, I went to the park like you. Certainly, the idea that something you worked on is ultimately one day at the park, what a thrilling possibility. These rides take a lot of time, a lot of energy, and a lot of thinking to do them at the level our Imagineers so brilliantly do. So I think it’s kind of in the thinking about stage, but man, I would love it if it became a reality one day.
    And today, according to Blue Sky Disney...
    the Imagineers over at WDI have been given the go-ahead to move further into blue sky development on an E-Ticket attraction themed to Tron for Disneyland. This isn’t a green light for the actual, finalized ride, just the opportunity to explore more extensive designs and concepts. Something tells me late 2012/early 2013 could see the beginning of that long talked about, but continually put off remake of Tomorrowland.
    Source: Blue Sky Disney: Getting On The Grid...

• ******** Gold Member

hmmm I'll stay tuned ...

the source is BlueSky... not confirmed.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Al has already mentioned a few times that TRON box office numbers will play into the decision of whether TL receives a new TRON attraction.

• Resident Ghost

Wow, I'm really REALLY sick of Tron!

• Banned User

I would be very disappointed if TL receives a Tron E-Ticket. Another movie themed attraction is the last thing Tomorrowland needs.

• is too darn hot.

How can anyone be sick of Tron? I'm getting more excited the more I see.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Captain EO forever

Quote Originally Posted by Walt's Ghost View Post
    Wow, I'm really REALLY sick of Tron!
    Not me (that could be because Tron is one of my favorite movies of all time), I would be happy if Tomorrowland's new theme became heavily influenced by Tron. It would fit perfectly. Besides, they've only been heavily marketing Tron for a few months now, personally i'm more sick of pixies and princesses.

Hopefully Tron becomes Disney's new movie franchise a la Pirates.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Coming from Blue Sky...

• Minion

I'd like to see Disney go creative along with development of a Tron related attraction. If Disney is just planning a Tron attraction, there's no creativity in that. At least, by planning for a non movie related attraction, ideas are created for future use.

• Wilderness Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    I would be very disappointed if TL receives a Tron E-Ticket. Another movie themed attraction is the last thing Tomorrowland needs.
    Agreed. I love TRON... but I'd love to see Tomorrowland not become "Movie-tie-in Land"

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    I'd like to see Disney go creative along with development of a Tron related attraction. If Disney is just planning a Tron attraction, there's no creativity in that. At least, by planning for a non movie related attraction, ideas are created for future use.
    Exactly.

Although, Walt did say...
    Disneyland will never be completed as long as there are movies that Disney owns the rights to left in the world
    Am I quoting that right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast