Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• No really, I need AAMS :)

Eddie's (aka aladdin) last day 7/29/10 in Aladdin a musical spectacular

The last thursday of July was the day of one of my weekly trips to the disneyland resort. Me and my dad went to watch the 7:05 showing of Aladdin A Musical Spectacular. We were first in line and were able to get seats in the second row fairly centered, but my dad had overheard some of the VIP seating people say it was was Eddie's last show. Me and my dad were both equally confused as to who Eddie could be. When theshow started and the fist scene with Aladdin there was a flood of picture taking happening and me and my dad both knew Eddie was obviously Al. At the end of the show at the curtain call all of the cast mobbed Eddie/Aladdin. The entire show was very touching untill realized that one of my favorite Aladdins would be leaving

I guess i want to know if anyone knew who he was and where he is off to now,still working in disney, some other performing gig, etc.

I asked a cast memeber about it and she said he is doing the HSM 3 float thing, but she didn't sound to sure... if you know anything pleaze comment i was quite sad to see him go, but whatever he is doing now i wish him nothing but the best
    Hey look, I have a flickr!!!
    I just started so all constructive criticism is appreciated
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/canhasal/

Aladdin A Musical Spectacular
    show count: 133 times

Re: Eddie's (aka aladdin) last day 7/29/10 in Aladdin a musical spectacular

I was there also, and asked Jonathan (The head Usher) about Eddie.

He told me that Eddie and 3 others are moving to a NEW production in the park. But could not give out information about it.

I have noticed that they use High School Musical Cast members for both HSM3 and the 8:30 World of Color pre-show.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    I was there also, and asked Jonathan (The head Usher) about Eddie.

He told me that Eddie and 3 others are moving to a NEW production in the park. But could not give out information about it.

I have noticed that they use High School Musical Cast members for both HSM3 and the 8:30 World of Color pre-show.
    do you think it will be the new disney channel stars float?parade talked about on disney parks blog ?

New Show Coming to Disney Parks This Fall Disney Parks Blog

btw i have never watched the HSM 3 show so i wouldn't know but that's interesting to know thank you!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by canhasal View Post
    do you think it will be the new disney channel stars float?parade talked about on disney parks blog ?

New Show Coming to Disney Parks This Fall Disney Parks Blog

btw i have never watched the HSM 3 show so i wouldn't know but that's interesting to know thank you!!!!!
    I thought the same thing. But, HSM3 would be a big step down from the lead in a full musical, to a short 12 minute cheerleader minor roll! The new replacement for HSM3 is still a couple of months away, and I do not have high hopes that it will be much of an improvement?

We will have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    I thought the same thing. But, HSM3 would be a big step down from the lead in a full musical, to a short 12 minute cheerleader minor roll! The new replacement for HSM3 is still a couple of months away, and I do not have high hopes that it will be much of an improvement?

We will have to wait and see.
    i thought it was odd he was going to do that to, i hope he does something better than HSM 3 though i dunno....maybe we should just keep an eye out for him throughout the parks

• Thinking about doughnuts

I don't know anything about where he's going but his full name is Eddie Kaulukukui. That makes him rather easily googleable (as you might imagine) so you should be able to find where he goes if he's fortunate enough to get credited. He's the same guy who has done some DCA promotional videos and I think I've also seen him in commercials now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Macro View Post
    I don't know anything about where he's going but his full name is Eddie Kaulukukui. That makes him rather easily googleable (as you might imagine) so you should be able to find where he goes if he's fortunate enough to get credited. He's the same guy who has done some DCA promotional videos and I think I've also seen him in comercials now and then.
    that's so cool!!!!what kind of promotional videos? how did you find out his last name?

that's so cool!!!!what kind of promotional videos?
    He's the guy who hosts the official Disney videos which have been promoting the new stuff in DCA. I assume they are originally linked in the Disney blog. I'm sure a little MiceChat searching will find them. Or somebody will chime in here and link you to them. It's kind of entertaining watching Aladdin pimp the new stuff for DCA.

How did you find out his last name?
    I've been making an edited video of the Aladdin show. This is a test piece an older video which isn't fully finished:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bUoCwyQeOE"]YouTube - ‪AladdinTest.wmv‬‎[/ame]

I decided to start a newer one to get better closeups and I wanted to include credits which listed the cast. With some persistence and googling you can find the names of many in the cast. He's not the Aladdin in either of my videos. But you come across lots of names to figure out who is who.

• How Peculiar

He's the one who does the update videos on the California Adventure expansion right?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKWSCeMQuXI"]YouTube- ‪Disney's California Adventure Park Update- World of Color!‬‎[/ame]

Wow, I never knew he was Aladdin. I think I've seen him in the show once or twice or something, I really hope we get to see him in the parks more though! Hopefully he works in the new Soundsational Parade at Disneyland or the Disney Channel Rocks parade at DCA. He seems cool.
    Fighting just to survive but you taught me I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Macro View Post
    He's the guy who hosts the official Disney videos which have been promoting the new stuff in DCA. I assume they are originally linked in the Disney blog. I'm sure a little MiceChat searching will find them. Or somebody will chime in here and link you to them. It's kind of entertaining watching Aladdin pimp the new stuff for DCA.

I've been making an edited video of the Aladdin show. This is a test piece an older video which isn't fully finished:

YouTube - ‪AladdinTest.wmv‬‎

I decided to start a newer one to get better closeups and I wanted to include credits which listed the cast. With some persistence and googling you can find the names of many in the cast. He's not the Aladdin in either of my videos. But you come across lots of names to figure out who is who.
    It's kind of entertaining watching Aladdin pimp the new stuff for DCA.<--
    now that funny i should go start stalking the rest of the cast...jk, but now that I know it's possible to find these people I am inspired and will use my wimpy computer skills and attempt to find these people.....yea.....attempt being the key word

Quote Originally Posted by scotchtape View Post
    He's the one who does the update videos on the California Adventure expansion right?

YouTube- &#x202a;Disney's California Adventure Park Update- World of Color!&#x202c;&lrm;

Wow, I never knew he was Aladdin. I think I've seen him in the show once or twice or something, I really hope we get to see him in the parks more though! Hopefully he works in the new Soundsational Parade at Disneyland or the Disney Channel Rocks parade at DCA. He seems cool.
    Oh my goodness gracious!!!!!that's Al, that's awesome...i didn't even know these videos existed.....my mind has been blownyay!!!

i agree i think he's totally cool(how couldn't he be, he played Al!!!!jk) and I hope he gets a great job somewhere in the parks, but i have no objections for him to come back to Aladdin a Musical Spectaular

btw he ended all the videos with "see you next time, or better yet in the parks", if I see him in the park he will get a big hug from me(well that sounded kinda creepy, but that's besides the point)

Here is his facebook page, there are videos of him in Alladin, HSM 3 and other works as well as music from his CD

Eddie Kaulukukui on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

• "Always On The Move..."

Ummm... I thought that we here on MiceChat had been asked specifically not to post any identifiying info on cast members. I'm a little uncomfortable with all this personal info going out on this particular CM who's "friends" with Aladdin.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    Ummm... I thought that we here on MiceChat had been asked specifically not to post any identifiying info on cast members. I'm a little uncomfortable with all this personal info going out on this particular CM who's "friends" with Aladdin.
    This is not a "face character". This is an actor in a play. When the Aladdin show originally opened, Disney's promotion of the show included a full list of the cast. Disney doesn't go to the trouble anymore but many of the performers do: Dylan White (the fat genie). Many have web sites and facebook pages displaying their performances in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Here is his facebook page, there are videos of him in Alladin, HSM 3 and other works as well as music from his CD

Eddie Kaulukukui on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    i feel so out of touch i didn't even think to look him up on myspace... i am way out of touch, but anyways thanks for linking this for me, otherwise i wouldn't have thought of that........btw way eddie looks much better without the mullet/wig thing he wears in Aladdin a musical spectacular(in reality the second i saw the picture I went justin bieber fan girl status......)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast