Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

No More Peoplemover Track?

The newest Disneyland maps have the Peoplemover track removed on them. All of it is gone except that loop around the Observatron and over the entrance to Tomorrowland. Could this mean the end of the peoplemover? I know that many people have been saying that it would be too expensive to repair the structural damage to the track... could they be removing it all together? I'm crossing my fingers and hoping no...

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market
    Also the Tomorrowland RR station is more to the left than previous maps. Or maybe the track is more to the right? either way it is not like before.

• Santa Barbara, CA

In the latest pix in the buzz lightyear boards, the track has been accented and repainted in some areas. Those maps take tremendous liberties with the art, so I'd be surprised if they lose the track immediately. It does beg the question, if theres not going to be anything up there , then why not lose the track? Who knows, there is a motive.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• My Children's Father

I'm not sure what map your referring to ... they are often very "schematical" in their graphic representations. The ride itself is closed, so there is not a lot of reason to displaying it fully on a map.

On the bright side, and as noted elsewhere in another thread here on MiceChat, they are painting the track in the new color scheme that TL is getting. I doubt they would go to that much trouble if they were going to demolish it any time soon.

Besides, there are so many possibilities of how they could use the track ... you'll see some if you explore the site some more .... of course it's 95% pure speculation ... some would say the real Imagineers are forbidden from looking at this site for fear one of their ideas get tainted by someone else's idea ... and then Disney might get sued later ........
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• That's Hawt

If they were going to remove the track then why would they invest in paint? I am sure it isn't cheap to paint it all ....
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Maybe the maps don't show it because it isn't being used for anythingat the time?

• Gay Man

Yes, it's the incredible attraction. Haven';t yourd about it? It's going to fabulous!

• The Magics in the details

Well, considering that all the ground level space that was once the queue area for rocket rods is now and forever more BLAB attraction space, there really isn't space anymore for any attraction with any kind of substantial queue. They could still do a "peoplemover" type attraction, with an queue-at-load system like the previous people mover, or move the queue and load to the starcade excallator area (2nd floor) but, do accomplish any of this stuff would take millions just to get it off the ground, which means that Matt would have to bundle it into the next availiable budget... since '06 is pretty much all accounted for and much of '07 is set aside for Subs... looks like possibly '08.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• Banned User

One of the things I've been doing for the last year and a half is picking up a map to DLR from every trip and sticking it on my cube wall at work.

Going back to November 2003, the PM track has not been shown on the map.... excpet the part by the entrance to Tomorrowland.

• e komo mai

I just read MP's DL update and they're painting the underside of the People Mover track to match the Buzz attraction's paint scheme. So, I don't think it's going anywhere just now...

• Disneyland with Bob Ross

I would say that perhaps its no longer on the map because its no longer an operating attraction. Granted the subs haven't been operating but the real estate they take up is a landmark type place. Where as the PM Track isn't necessarily a land mark needed to identify location on the map.
    When living in Vegas - Sin as the sinners do!

Find me on MySpace

• With my wife....

My preference, of course, would be to bring back the Peoplemover in all it's former glory.... but if there are no plans to ressurrect the attraction (which seems to be the case at present), I would rather see the track removed than just sitting there as an empty reminder of days long past! It's just depressing.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Reaver of Souls

There are 2 possibilities here. 1st is that they're painting it because they have plans for it in the future. 2nd is that they're painting it because the 50th is a mere 2 months away, they need it to look good, and there's not nearly enough time to rip it down, remove the pylons, re-surface the walkway, fill in the holes in the wall of both Buzz and Tours, and re-finish the Observatron platform there the track used to connect to it...

As much as I hope it's the former, I'd guess it's the latter... Time will tell.
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• OM NOM NOM

You are kinda right, XTerraceEmp. It isn't a landmark like the lagoon, so there's no reason for putting it on the map because of that. However, the idea that it vanished because it's closed doesn't work; Superstar Limo is closed with a vengeance, and it still appears on the DCA map (Though it's probably not listed, leaving out-of-towners in a WTF moment).

But you have to admit, Disney maps are never quite telling the truth. After all, they try to make you believe that Disneyland is surrounded by nothing but trees, and that the CM area by Primieval world doesn't exist.^_^
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• șoș Tom șoș

Put something even a walk way or museum along the track...please Imagineers do something and fast!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast