Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22476269707172
Results 1,066 to 1,071 of 1071

Re: Disneyland - Old Photos and Ephemera Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skybluefusion View Post
    Approximatly what year is this from? I love seeing how the costumes have changed over the years. Both the dwarfs and the balloon salesman are quite entertaining to look at.
    The costumes on the Dwarfs look just like the ones in the Mary Poppins live TV program, which was broadcast from Graumann's Chinese Theatre in 1964.
    ~ Erik

• Mouseke-Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    The merchandise shelves in the background look very Emporium-esque as well. I'd say this is inside the store itself somewhere maybe, or directly in front of the doors as you'd walk inside, not the windows facing the street.
    Thanks for your input!!! I know I have more pictures around this area, I hope I can find them soon!!

Also, I was going through piles of old photos with my mom and aunt, and came across some awesome pictures from their (first) trip in 1968! I'll try and scan them later!

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

• Mouseke-Awesome

Said scans of old photos from my mom's visit in 1968/69

POTC: dated 1968

Instagram filers and light-leaks before they were cool. Entrance sign from 1969.

Trip Reports: One, Two, Three, Four

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Happened across four photos, likely from 1956, taken by my grandfather from one of his first visits with the children (he took my father, uncle and aunt, and then their kids as well, from the time the park opened well into the 70's). Good stuff, these!

Visible on the Island here I believe is the shack where you could obtain fishing rods and live bait in order to fish into the Rivers Of America - a very shortlived feature.

Visible in the near background is 'Holiday Hill', well before its' transformation into the mighty Matterhorn, and in the far distance, the very top of the Sleeping Beauty castle from the Storybookland Canal Boats. The Yacht Bar (can see part of the sign and structure) would eventually sit alongside the Submarine lagoon, and the autopia tracks moved to make room.

Strange to picture Tom Sawyer Island today compared to this, with how wide/developed the front part of it with the mill is now and the changes necessary for Fantasmic!

The dirt-covered shore beyond the island of course would eventually be home to the Haunted Mansion, New Orleans Square and Critter Country. I don't think at this point that the Indian Village was yet built over there, even.

The view here includes the Golden Horseshoe on the left stretching to what I believe was then Aunt Jemima's Pancake House on the right, which also bordered Adventureland.

The Disneyland Band can be barely glimpsed, providing a concert to passing guests.

• Meh

Great pictures!! Fishing in Rivers of America, crazy!!
    Grim, I lost her once; I'm not gonna lose her again.

• formerly very helpful

I love these. There really was something nice about the old entrance to POTC. It seemed kinda neat that you'd just go into this ordinary looking building, and inside was this masterpiece of an attraction.

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22476269707172