Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Redwood Creek Challenge Trail: Wasted space?

We just walked the trail a few weeks ago for the first time. As a Southern California native, I have to say that I loved it! Growing up here, we would go on field trips , and see this kind of stuff, brought back memories. I hope they don't take it out. It was nice to have a place to walk in DCA, where we werent rushed. I like the trail. And besides, its fair that there is 1 ride,where the rest of us are too big, and perfect for the little ones.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in the building."- John Lassiter.

• Yes, that is my real name

The Far Northern, California, United States
    Blog Entries

I really like it! As people have mentioned it is great for the little ones to burn some energy and the parents can take a break. We particularly like it because we live in the far northern end of California, and when my daughter and nephew saw the sign one of the signs that said Mt Lassen, they went bananas because that is our local stomping grounds! We enjoy the wilderness feel it brings to the park, because a lot of California is just that and deserves to have representation in a park that claims to capture the essence of California. I do wish they would bring back the Brother Bear show that we had seen there in 2005, that was a neat way for the kids to see the characters do something other then a meet and greet.
    Yaye!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    This can be said for a lot of attractions and most of the time an "E" Ticket ride is what everyone wants. Autopia, TSI, Toontown, Bugs Land have all been wished on MiceChat to meet the bulldozer.

As much as we'd all like E-Tickets we need something for the kids under 7 to base their wonderful memories of Disneyland on. For me it was America Sings, People Mover, Adventure through Inner Space and Mr Toad. For many of the kids today it will be Roger Rabbit or Heimlich's Choo-choo train. Doesn't make our memories better or the current crop of youngsters any less valid. We just need to realize, we need to see through the eyes of our children...not force them to see through our eyes by telling them what they love isn't good.

I agree, and in addition to that I'd like to say, Disneyland is trying to stay focused on families, which do include toddlers, small kids, big kids, teens and adults. As an adult, I can't expect the majority of the park to meet my preference level. Having kids that are in the more big kid stage, I don't feel that the smaller kids and toddlers should be overlooked when creating attractions or rides. It's a park for everyone in general, not just someone in particular.
    Yaye!

2 good size dark rides could easily fit there.... just sayin,

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I've only been in it once, and while it is nothing but a playground for kids, it was very well-themed to blend in with the National Park setting of Grizzly Peak. While it will need a replacement down the road in the next few years, I strongly think that until Disney can come up with something to replace it, the best decision is to keep up.

Hoping to have a family of my own someday, aashee brought up a good point. We cannot force children to like what we like. For me, when I was growing up, it was Autopia, Motorboats, IASW, Casey Jr. Train, and Pirates. With that said, Disney is really losing track of what made thier parks good in the first place: something for everyone.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Cool View Post
    So could another 30 DVC units.........
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Blog Entries

What is a DVC unit?
    Yaye!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Cool View Post
    Not realistically with a queue and loading and emergency exits certainly one but not two good size ones maybe two fantasyland ones but doubtably.
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

DCA is already building a new E ticket ride (Little Mermaid), just added a top notch show (WOC) and is planning a MASSIVE entire new land (Cars Land).

They were able to do all this without taking away other attractions, well Golden Dreams doesn't count. Let's quit taking away stuff for the young kids to do, heck I think the Challenge trail is more fun than Bug's Land, but that's just me.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    DCA is already building a new E ticket ride (Little Mermaid),
    uh-oh .. you might be setting yourself up for disappointment calling it a "E" .. when it's more like a "D" ... but anyway .. let me say about the challenge trail -

I also feel it is DCA's "Tom Sawyer Island." As it does blend in nicely to the 'set-up' of Grizzly Peek. HOWEVER .. because Disney was dead set on pinning the Grand Californian right up against the area ... they've given no room to make it an adequately sized land.

While there's no room .. let me say metaphorically - there's room for improvement for this land.

Because of the Grand Californian ... this is where a multi-layering of attractions needs to take shape!

For a short-time in Frontierland's history ... there was the Pack Mules, Stage Coach, and Mine Train .. all intermingling with each other. One layering atop one another.

And then in Marc Davis' Thunder Mesa/Western River Expedition idea for WDW .... he layered a train ride, and trails for exploration, plus the eleborate WRE to go "underground".

If that was possible for the early 70s .. they can accomplish the same thing today ... where a new version of Redwood Creek can go on the top ... with some sort of train excursion .. plus some sort of dark ride-thru "underground".

But I'll forever curse Eisner for sticking the GCH right up against a park that NEEDS to grow over time! And I think it was also a mistake to place DVC units in a place that gives Paradise Pier little room to grow.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by phi1215 View Post
    What is a DVC unit?
    Disney Vacation Club
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disney Vacation Club
    Shhh! That's the best kept secret!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Well I really cant have an opinion on this never having been but I'm wondering (seeing where this lies in google maps in comparison to other lands) if Redwood Creek Challenge Trail seems like wasted space in a horribly cramped park that needs what space it can to grow. The pathways and the like seem interesting and I understand the need for a kids playground area but I feel that's a lot of room they're using for something that seems little to me.

So what are the thoughts of the people who have been there. Do you think that RCCT serves its purpose well or should it be taken out or should it be realtered, or relocated to another area of the park?
    It's in DCA, so the answer is obvious.

DL has had such spaces, awaiting inspirationears to think up something.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Speaking as an adult with no kids, I LOVE Redwood Creek area. If you want a very nice and lushly landscaped place to go and relax for a bit, it's wonderful. There are great opportunities to photograph, especially if you go up the stairs to the ranger posts. It also has probably the best background music in the park.
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

It should be removed or moved somewhere else. They should put something better in there. Yes Brother Bear was good but I haven't even watched that movie since 04' or 05'. It needs a new better attraction in it's place.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast