Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Help!!! DLR in 1 Day!!!

I just found out that my family is going to the resort for one day!!! And wi leave in a week for the rest of our trip so we need to plan now

So our plan is to see WoC but I'm not sure what else is good to ride. Toy Story, Alice, Mansion, and Star Tours are all closed and we plan on either getting a picnic meal or fastpass to see the 1st show for WoC. I need help though as myself and another family member do not enjoy going on thrill rides and I want to make this day memorable for my family

Any advice?

Thanks
    Teen Disneygeek and Fantasmic Fan waiting to go to DL and WDW

Re: Help!!! DLR in 1 Day!!!

I was just there on Saturday and neither Mansion nor Toy Story (at both parks) was closed. Not sure about Alice though.
    We were able to go on every single ride we wanted to no problem
    Opening
    -First thing we did was run over and get a fastpass for Splash Mountain (Semi-Large Drop at end but not too thrilling)
    -Than ran over Space mountain as it is one to do early in the morning, im not sure if it's too thrilling for you guys, its actually not to fast for a roller coaster
    -Walked onto Matterhorn (looks scary but is actually slow and tame)
    -We than walked onto Pirates of the Caribean
    -Walked on Haunted Mansion no problem
    -Used our fastpass for Splash Mountain afterwords.
    -Waited a Half Hour for Indiana Jones (worth it IMO as it is my favorite ride and usually gets more crowded)

11/Noon
    We Hopped on Over to California Adventure
    -Got a Fastpass for Soarin Over California (slow hanggglider ride)
    -Waited 20 Minutes for Twilight Zone (this has HUGE drops, definetely a thrill ride)
    -We had lunch, than waited 15 minutes in line for California Screamin (not recommended for you guys hahha, very fast)
    - We used our Passes for Soarin
    -Got passes for Grizzly Rapids (not thrilling, but you will get VERY wet)

3pm
    Back to Disneyland
    -Got a Fastpass for Big Thunder
    -Experienced Captain EO (never any waits) My favorite of the day, I love MJ!
    -Waited for MR Toad Wild Ride
    -Went on Big Thunder
    - Saw a show at Golden Horshoe and had some great Icecream!

6pm
    Back to California Adventure
    -Fastpasses werent needed for Grizzly Rapids, we went on twice in a row cause of no wait (bad idea, we were freezing in the car on the way back)

So we were able to do everything we wanted to in a short amount of time and leave relatively early. If you follow what I did and replace a few of the thrill rides for fantasyland rides like Peter Pan/Snow White, Monsters Inc you should be able to be very time efficient like we did. Than again we were just winging it though, it all depends on the crowd. Hopefully I helped you somewhat

• Disney Fan & Musician

Just relax and take the trip easy. If you rush, it won't be as fun.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Toy story mania as early as possible to beat the line.
    I love the rocking ferris wheel, but your family member wont enjoy it bc its a rush.
    Big Thunder mountain, your family member should be able to handle it.
    The alladin show at DCA, amazing! Do not sit under the second story bc you will miss one of the best parts of the show.
    I hear the silly swings is fun too, though I have not been on it.
    I like the buzz lightyear laser game, it is interactive just like Toy Story Mania.
    Bugs Life 4D, i saw it in florida, but I think it should be the same, also a good show.
    The Animation Studios in DCA is fun and interesting. It is not a ride just a interactive room.
    Maybe after WoC you could catch Fantasmic or Sumertastic, which ever is playing now.

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    Just relax and take the trip easy. If you rush, it won't be as fun.
    VERY TRUE!!!

I recommend also checking out Peter Pan. it is a older ride, but very enjoyable. I love soaring over the city in the beginning. Located in DL.

Thanks for the advice, Nesboy43
    Toy Story closes on the 10th to install exit gates and mansion begins installing holiday overlay on the 30th, the day we are going

I'm really excited since its my first time at Disneyland

Did you find Indy to be more shaky(due to the vehicles) or fast?

And BTW, I Love Splash Mountain! Our family went on it on my birthday. I went with my mom in the morning and brother and my dad ended up seeing the finale of wishes from the drop on my birthday. This time i'm looking forward to all of us being in the log together

Quote Originally Posted by gunmetal5 View Post
    Toy story mania as early as possible to beat the line.
    I love the rocking ferris wheel, but your family member wont enjoy it bc its a rush.
    Big Thunder mountain, your family member should be able to handle it.
    The alladin show at DCA, amazing! Do not sit under the second story bc you will miss one of the best parts of the show.
    I hear the silly swings is fun too, though I have not been on it.
    I like the buzz lightyear laser game, it is interactive just like Toy Story Mania.
    Bugs Life 4D, i saw it in florida, but I think it should be the same, also a good show.
    The Animation Studios in DCA is fun and interesting. It is not a ride just a interactive room.
    Maybe after WoC you could catch Fantasmic or Sumertastic, which ever is playing now.
    Was thinking of doing the fun wheel
    Mountain is happening- its a thrill ride i've wanted to go on for years
    Swings look good
    Going to compare the 2 Buzz Rides (Spin Vs Astro Blasters)
    Bug's Life is hilarious! I remember watching it years ago and want to see it again.
    Too Bad that there is no Fantasmic! that night and still thinking of seeing Aladdin

Quote Originally Posted by fantasmicfan09 View Post
    Thanks for the advice, Nesboy43
    Toy Story closes on the 10th to install exit gates and mansion begins installing holiday overlay on the 30th, the day we are going

I'm really excited since its my first time at Disneyland

Did you find Indy to be more shaky(due to the vehicles) or fast?

And BTW, I Love Splash Mountain! Our family went on it on my birthday. I went with my mom in the morning and brother and my dad ended up seeing the finale of wishes from the drop on my birthday. This time i'm looking forward to all of us being in the log together
    Indy never goes fast at all, it just has this fake kinda ruggedness to it so it feels like you're in a 1930s jeep, however even though it is "rugged" it actually does so in a smooth way, hard to describe. But it is definitely far from a thrill ride.

• jonyyeh

I haven't actually physically watch the current version of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, but its definitely something I recommend watching, since it is a hidden jewel in Disneyland (people don't typically go to it because its on Main Street, plus, its a show not a ride). Haven't been to the new version of the Disney Gallery yet either, but I would go see it if you have time.

Of course, definitely ride Indiana Jones Adventure (come on, its only at DL and Tokyo Disney Sea), Space Mountain, Soarin' Over California, Pirates of the Caribbean (its a lot better than WDW), Haunted Mansion (if it is open). And of course, see Aladdin, its a very good musical, and the genie's jokes are funny because they're updated to suit the current time.

Four words-Unnofficial Guide to DL.Or we on micechat can just save you the $15.Just tour at a relaxed pace like Matterhorn J said.Nesboy 43 presents a good one day touring plan(just sub Toy Story Mania instead of CA Screamin).However dont forget that if your family wants to see WOC(without the picnic option)you must first proceed to CA Adv.in the morning and get one next to Grizzly River Run.
    Here is a Disney Not to be Missed Attraction list that I can reccomend:

DL:
    INDY
    Jungle Cruise
    Tiki Room
    Pirates
    HM
    Splash Mt.
    Big Thunder Mt.
    Peter Pan,Snow White,Pinnochio,Mr.Toad,Alice(if open)Small World
    Matterhorn
    Space Mt.
    Buzz Lightyear
    Captain EO

DCA:
    Soarin
    Grizzly River Run
    TOT
    Alladin(Hyperion)
    Toy Story Mania
    Animation Building
    Bugs Life 3D
    WOC

Note this will be very hard to do all of it in one day unless you go on a FRI,SAT,or SUN from open to close.

The following is a list of Attractions and Shows that we would like to go on/see (did not include Magical). Considering the Operating Hours(DL 9-11 and DCA 10-11) would this be possible to do? Please keep in mind if you want to offer suggestions that Toy Story, Alice, Mansion, and Star Tours are all closed.

Big Thunder Mountain
    It’s Tough To Be A Bug
    Silly Symphony Swings
    Splash Mountain
    Aladdin:A Musical Spectacular
    WOC
    Matterhorn
    Pirates
    Indiana Jones Adventure
    Soarin Over California
    Twilight Zone
    California Screamin
    Grizzly River Rapids
    Capitan EO
    Show in Golden Horseshoe(Hillbillies)(How long is the show?)
    Fantasyland Rides such as Small World, Toad, Snow White, Peter
    Monsters Inc
    Mickey’s Fun Wheel
    Buss Lightyear’s Astro Blasters
    Tomorrowland
    Railroad
    Lincoln(How long?)
    Tiki Room(How long?)
    Nemo Sub Voyage
    Jungle Cruise
    Innoventions
    Castle Walkthru
    Canal Boats
    Boardwalk Games
    Mullholland Madness
    MuppetVision 3-D
    Blue Sky Cellar

• Nutty about Disney parks

You might be cramming alot into one day. (There's no knowing how the crowd situation is gonna be on any given day). If I were you OP I would save the morning time and hassle of obtaining an FP for WoC and just do the dining or picnic package (unless you're really pressed for money). I hear it doesnt make much of a difference as far as preference seating for WoC which way you go.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Just go on the stuff your whole family would like to go on. When your done go to California Adventure and do the same thing. (If you want to see WoC that might be the first thing you want to do if you get there before the afternoon, tickets are at The Grizzly River Run Fastpass machines)If you run out of things to do try things with long lines or "small" thrill rides that you and your other family member might enjoy since you aren't big fans of them. Indy could possibly be a small thrill ride, along with Splash Mountain (warning about the 52 ft. drop going 40 mph at the end). Big Thunder Mountain, The Matterhorn, and Space Mountain may be ones you have to sit out, they are probably the biggest thrill rides in DL. The rest is pretty much ok. In California Adventure you and the other family member will not like California Screamin' since it goes upside down once and gets close to that a few times. Mullholand Madness and Maliboomer are optional. And I don't know how you would take Tower of Terror. Another tip on WoC, the tickets usually run out at 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. so getting those might be the first thing you want to do before you do anything. California Adventure opens at 10:00 a.m. 2 hours after Disneyland opens.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• always, the freaky cat

Quote Originally Posted by fantasmicfan09 View Post
    The following is a list of Attractions and Shows that we would like to go on/see (did not include Magical). Considering the Operating Hours(DL 9-11 and DCA 10-11) would this be possible to do? Please keep in mind if you want to offer suggestions that Toy Story, Alice, Mansion, and Star Tours are all closed.

Big Thunder Mountain
    It’s Tough To Be A Bug
    Silly Symphony Swings
    Splash Mountain
    Aladdin:A Musical Spectacular
    WOC
    Matterhorn
    Pirates
    Indiana Jones Adventure
    Soarin Over California
    Twilight Zone
    California Screamin
    Grizzly River Rapids
    Capitan EO
    Show in Golden Horseshoe(Hillbillies)(How long is the show?)
    Fantasyland Rides such as Small World, Toad, Snow White, Peter
    Monsters Inc
    Mickey’s Fun Wheel
    Buss Lightyear’s Astro Blasters
    Tomorrowland
    Railroad
    Lincoln(How long?)
    Tiki Room(How long?)
    Nemo Sub Voyage
    Jungle Cruise
    Innoventions
    Castle Walkthru
    Canal Boats
    Boardwalk Games
    Mullholland Madness
    MuppetVision 3-D
    Blue Sky Cellar
    The thought of trying to do all this in one day kind of stresses me out. Then again, my family just spent the day at Disneyland Park this past Saturday, and by the end of the day we had visited 30 attractions and watched Fantasmic.

Lincoln, Tiki Room and the Hillbillies are about 20 minutes long, not counting the time you will need to wait until the next show starts. The Hillbillies are my favorite, but you'll want to arrive a little early to get a good table (and wait in line to buy an ice cream sundae!)

To save time, I'd skip Monsters Inc, Snow White, Blue Sky Cellar (unless you are dying to see the video & models; the information about what's coming to DCA is nothing you can't read about at MiceAge/MiceChat). I'd also skip Mulholland Madness, I find it's lack of theme boring, although my kids love it.

Nemo Sub Voyage is cool, but the line and the ride will take up a significant chunk of time.

Oh, and with time constraints, I'd skip Innoventions.

• Blew By You

Take in a couple of opening day attractions: Jungle Cruise, Tea Cups, Peter Pan, Mark Twain, Disneyland RR, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Snow White, the Carousel. Then round out the day with about 5 more E ticket attractions. By then, it'll be time for WoC. I hope you can return at a later day and truly enjoy Disneyland in a leisurely pace and have more time also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast