Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: What Classic Disney Movie should get a ride at Disneyland?

In the northern part of Fantasyland, where the Princess Fantasy Faire is now, build a new mini-land with a London theme. Build a custom Mary Poppins Theater, which will rotate between three live shows: Mary Poppins Suite, Peter Pan and Bedknobs and Broomsticks. All 3 are set in London. Have a typical London park and tea house where beverages and desserts are sold. Sidewalk chalk artists and street musicians entertain you as you wait for a show or in a queue. Feed the birds, 2 for a tiny packet of seed. Characters from those 3 films mill about the mini-land. Adventures with Bert and Mary is the E-ticket ride, not just a passive recreation of scenes from Mary Poppins, interactive with randomization and personalization. The Peter Pan ride from Fantasyland can be relocated to the new London mini-land, thus freeing up space for a new dark ride in Fantasyland. Possibly based on Fantasia. In the area of the old Fantasyland Skyway station, a Beauty and the Beast area, with a ride and French restaurant, since that film is set in France. The Lion King deserves a major attraction, but where? Maybe the third park. The Jungle Book also deserves an attraction.
    Last edited by Bob Weaver; 08-10-2010 at 10:06 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Sleepy Hollow dark ride, please, with the croaking frogs and spooky forest, mist and fog effects and cornfields, final confrontation on the covered bridge....good stuff.
    We have a winner.

I know it's not a movie it is only a Silly Symphony but I would like to see Little Hiawatha on Tom Sawyer's Island somewhere. It's just such a cute little cartoon that I remember seeing when I was a kid. Maybe have it as a little mini explorer canoes where the boats would be on a track but the kids would feel like they were steering, a water Autopia.

• Banned User

They should also do some Disney's Halloween Treat during Halloween season!

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

Quote Originally Posted by geekedout44 View Post
    They should also do some Disney's Halloween Treat during Halloween season!

yes...yes they should
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

An Absent Minded Professor / Son of Flubber ride could be fun. The line could go through the professor's house and you get into your car through the garage. It could be a simulator ride ala Star Tours and Soaring. Problem is i don't see it fitting in any of the lands in Disneyland. It could get stuck in CA Adventure somewhere. Now that i think about it, a Midvale ride would be cool. One simulator is a Flubber car. Another the flying device from The Monkey's Uncle where you can fly like a hawk.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Fantasia

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Non-Minion

I also gotta go with Robin Hood on this one. It has been one of my utmost favorite movies of all time and one of the most underrated movies in Disney history. How would they do it? I have NO idea, not my area of expertise.

some other ones that I would love to see:
    Sleepy Hollow - I loved it as a kid and miss seeing it on the disney channel on Halloween ( Maybe they could find a ride and overlay it with Sleep Hallow?)

Lion King/Beauty and the Beast - it blows my mind that neither of these two movies are represented at all at DLR, I think they are both VERY deserving of their own rides. (although my 2 year old daughter calls the big Lion Mufasa and the cubs Simba and Nala)

and although I know we have King Arthur's Carousel I think they missed the mark and could have done something truly amazing with the Sword and the Stone.

and for my obscure movie ride I would have to go with either "The Great Mouse Detective" or "Oliver and Company"
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Part of your chat. xD

Oh yes! There's probably SO many we could think that should get a ride!

For me, it would be:
    1.Emperor's New Groove (maybe more as an attraction, but it would still be awesome)
    2.Tron (LIGHTCYCLES BABY!!!)
    3.Lion King (DEFINITELY should get a ride)
    4.Beauty and the Beast (duh lol)
    5.The Great Mouse Detective (I really wish for that one)

I'll probably write more later. xDD

• 1st visit 1975

Sure there are lots of movie based rides and proposals BUT how about going back and saluting Mickey, Donald & Goofy with their own adventure in Toon Town. After all, none of the rest would be here without them!

Quote Originally Posted by Timon View Post
    Sure there are lots of movie based rides and proposals BUT how about going back and saluting Mickey, Donald & Goofy with their own adventure in Toon Town. After all, none of the rest would be here without them!
    A Mickey's Trailer ride could fit a bunch of people and be super fun.

• Non-Minion

I agree with having a ride for the original three characters. each section of the dark ride could be a different cartoon that they were in

for example: one room could be the "clock cleaners" another being the "ship builders" and yet another being the "ghost hunter" episode. there are so many episodes you could use and it would be such an awesome tribute!
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

• Looking for Heavens Light

I know it was not a big success but I would love an Atlantis ride. It would be a major undertaking and could be similar to the old ET ride at Universal with your name being personalized in it or something cool like that.

I would also love a Hercules or Hunchback ride.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by christianAdam View Post
    I agree with having a ride for the original three characters. each section of the dark ride could be a different cartoon that they were in

for example: one room could be the "clock cleaners" another being the "ship builders" and yet another being the "ghost hunter" episode. there are so many episodes you could use and it would be such an awesome tribute!
    I'm going to sneak over next door to DCA and say that the park, probably Paradise Pier, needs another dark ride - a haunted house/fun house type of ride - something I've proposed on this board before.

I've mentioned before that relocating Monsters Inc. wouldn't be a bad idea as it currently does not fit in the Hollywood area, but, an alternative could be basing this new pier haunted house on the short Ghost Hunters. Still, I'd like to see Monsters relocated and replaced with a west coast version of The Great Movie Ride based solely on popular Disney live action movies, from the earliest to the latest.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    On a purely selfish basis - and in a world where Adventureland had enough room - I'd absolutely love to see a really top-notch Lion King dark ride. The possibilities for gorgeous panoramas of the African landscape, convincing AAs, cool special effects (the stampede, Simba aging, the fire around Pride Rock), and inspiring songs and score have me salivating already. It'll probably never happen, at least not at Disneyland, and that's okay, but it's fun to imagine.
    Well, Disney could always rip out Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland4Eva View Post
    I actually had an idea for an Alladin and Lion King Dark Ride both in Adventure Land but the problem is the room.I was thinking what if they could use Alladins Oasis area for a double queue line that goes underground a bit and build both dark rides across from each other under Adventure Land.A Cinderella dark ride would probably fit in FL near the Princess Faire.
    Near? Heck, why not just bulldoze the entire thing and place it RIGHT THERE?!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Fantasia
    Bambi
    Sleepy Hollow - Toad's got a ride, why not Ichabod?
    Cinderella
    Robin Hood
    Bold = YES, YES, YES!

Others I'd like to see are:

• Bedknobs & Broomsticks
    • The Lion King
    • Aladdin
    • Pocahontas
    • The Rescuers
    • The Brave Little Toaster (somehow, even just a brief cameo during a parade or fireworks show would make me smile)
    • Sword In The Stone
    • Donald Duck In Mathmagicland

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123