Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Do you think any BIG names come on to the boards?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazee4mm View Post
    Look at the username of the post above you.
    Oh duh!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Well, artificial turf is fake grass. So if TDA members are "artificial turf-ing" a message board then they are posting to build up support for something. It would be like a spate of posts about how great WoC is right before it opens to try and drum up support for it among MiceChatters. They aren't genuine posts, they are fake, artificial.
    Ah, yes - I seem to recall some posts like that. Thanks for the clarification!

• Minion

Hey.
    Disney employees. Quit the browser program, and get back to AutoCad or Illustrator or Photoshop or whatever program you're paid to use in your job. Frontierland and Tomorrowland are in desperate need of your attention.
    Sincerely,
    The people who ultimately pay your rent.

• Artistic integrity

^^^^

And while they are at it .. cancel the plan to demolish the waterfalls and koi ponds in the DLH.

Sincerely,
    The people who ultimately prefer atmosphere to grass.

- couldn't resist.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

George K -- if you're reading this why don't you fire me off a PM? You and I live in the same city. How about meeting for coffee and a nice little chat?

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Why do you think they brought back the subs and the castle walk through?

And the refurbishment of the Mark Twain?

Power of the people!
    I was being silly about the subs and the walk through but after darkbeer published some pics of the Mark Twain's rotting wood floors, the refurbishment was scheduled.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie89 View Post
    Do you think any BIG names come on to the boards?
    I don't think so...I know so.

• Minion

Well, its obvious, other companies forums (Merlin) are littered with readers, but they very rarely post...

• "I Break Things"

Whether or not they read and whether or not posts on here have any sway are two entirely different subjects. While they could potentially be related it is entirely possible that threads and posts are disregarded entirely.

If an individual is on here looking for support of a new show or attraction then chances are they will simply take the positive comments... just like Disney currently spins the various surveys.

I will say that I, and other members on here, have been contacted in the past in regards to various posts. So individuals within Walt Disney Co do read various posts and threads... but I'm not sure if any of that perusing translates into actual swaying power.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Some people that work at Disney have MiceChat accounts? Thats cool. But I guess they always have to ignore some ideas. Why can't everything be at Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    One could easily assume that every professional with a heavy emotional investment in their business (not just this business but any business) reads the most relevant boards on the net at least part of the time, particularly in very specific or narrow fields where the conversation is easily followed. Wouldn't you be curious about what people are saying about your work in public? I would.

Executives who don't have an emotional investment or particular interest in their product (or consumers) still tend to keep tabs on talk through employees (or even whole divisions) who surf the net for them. Increasingly, major companies are finding the talk on the net important enough not just to monitor but to influence the conversation.
    Those interested executive and managers, who don't have time, can have people provide relevant posts and threads. Even I don't have enough time to waste rummaging through all the posts on these boards (I don't see how some here are able to be productive elsewhere as it appears that they spend an inordinate amount of time posting here and/or "researching" at the parks). And I pretty much just skim just a few threads a day.

As for actually posting here, I don't know that ANY executive would be doing that. It appears that there are some CM's that are able to provide some innocent posts without repercussions. I only know of one individual on another board who flaunted his access with some proprietary information. I don't believe he works for the company anymore.

• All-American

I always thought there was something funny about that Not_Steve_Martin guy...

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Absolutely. We met so many important Disney folks at the D23 Expo who told us that they (and their senior management) read the boards and often post as well.

Disney is a big company and have a vested interest in making sure that they control the message about their products and services. 1) They want to know what we and others are saying about them and 2) they have lots of people posting here to spin things the way they want.

As long as they aren't breaking any rules here, that's fine with us. Each individual member of this site is fully able to sift through the info they read and decide what is true, what is false, and what is propaganda.
    Reeeeeaaaaaallly? Now that is interesting! I wonder if anyone in this thread is a Disney executive.

• Banned User

For some reason I imagine Mike Eisner regularly visiting and crying quietly to himself listening to Evanescence.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I'm here.
    -Bill

• Parking Lot > DCA

They do for sure. No doubt about it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast