Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maynard!

• Live.Laugh.Love.Disney.

Smile Maynard!

I was in the parks on Monday, and it was hot so my friends and I wanted a Dole Whip and to listen to the Birdies sing.

Well, I walked through the entrance and I saw the CM's nametag and it just so happened to be MAYNARD!!!!! ) Being a MCer I kinda freaked out. So I asked him for a picture and he thought that was awesome. He made the best funny faces. I loved it!!! He really made me smile

So while waiting in line for Dole Whips, he came and talked to us for a while and asked us if we wanted to hear some of his commercials and we of course said yes. It was really funny!!! He also told us a story.

One of his jokes really made me laugh when he was telling people to throw away their trash and it will take a long journey to a land called fill.

He really made the Tiki Room that much better for us

Anyone else have some Maynard stories???
    SkItTlEs

• MiceChat Moderator
    • ♠ Pirate Wizard ♠

Blog Entries

Re: Maynard!

Great story. Maynard is a cool cat.
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

• hi!

i met Maynard on the 7th for the first time! he was working at Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln..

im guessing i was the only person who knew who he was because he just walked around the gallery looking extremely bored.. and upon having the courage to go up to him and talk to him, he suddenly got very happy.

we chatted a little bit and he mentioned how he's been zoning out for the last hour because it's so boring in there

while the videos on youtube that i've seen portray him to be an extremely over-the-top individual.. to the point that some people might even get annoyed.. he was very reserved with me. admittedly VERY animated, but he was still very much a normal person in my eyes. he wasn't able to show me any of his 'commercials' where his over-the-top-ness would have shown through (he was just about to show me a water commercial he saw in Maui, but time wasn't on our side as he had to do the Great Moments spiel to lights out)..

i'd definitely want to meet and chat with him again
    -plagued

• Hooterville, USA

Maynard is one of the little secrets that DL has.

If every CM modeled themselves after Maynard, DL would be even better!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Animation Domination

Maynard is so funny!!!
    "You are watching FOX"

• xmanmom

I think I have to make it a goal of mine to meet Maynard on this upcoming trip. We will be there for five days, with a one-year-old, so we should have plenty of time to try and track him down. I bet my little one would love him.

• Disney Philosopher

he definetly is a crackup
    "These are a few of my favorite things"

• Mecha-Shiva! Mecha-Shiva!

I love Maynard! The first time I saw him was really exciting, since I, like you, had read a lot about him.

We were all shuffling into the foyer of HM when I noticed his name tag and gasped, "It's Maynard!" I can't remember what he said in response, but once we were in the streching room we got quite a performance. It was awesome! Lots of laughs, no one seemed annoyed.

I also saw him at the Tiki Room this past spring. I was with my friend and fellow Disney freak and she had never seen him before so was stoked. He got a bunch of laughs before the show.

I agree, if there were more CMs like Maynard DL would be even more awesome and wonderful.

• Banned User

Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that a guy that works at Disneyland has a cult following, finds him kinda annoying, and that's it's slightly unprofessional the way he makes things about him and not the show?

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks it's weird that a guy that works at Disneyland has a cult following, finds him kinda annoying, and that's it's slightly unprofessional the way he makes things about him and not the show?
    probably not.. because i felt the same way; i thought from stories and videos that he'd be annoying. but he definitely knows when to turn 'it' off.. he was completely 'normal' when i met and had a chat with him.
    -plagued

• Disney Fan & Musician

Does anyone know what days he works recently?
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    Does anyone know what days he works recently?
    can't comment on his full work schedule cuz that would be a bit creeper-ish

but.. the OP mentions they saw met him on a Monday, and I met him on a Saturday. if he follows a routine schedule then at least you'll know he might be there those days.
    -plagued

Maynard will talk to you just like any other person, if that's how you approach him. He'll go over-the-top if you ask him (and he's really good at it). He does fantastic characters when he's in the right situation. I've seen him in the Tiki Room and I about died laughing. I would love to see him in the Mansion.

Any Maynard thread always comes up with people who think he takes the focus off Disney and onto himself, and they're always at odds with the people who think he's the most amazing crack-up they've seen. From what I've seen, he only does the Menehune water sprites and the like with people who ask, who know who he is, and who are open to it. He doesn't impose himself on unsuspecting audiences.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    i met Maynard on the 7th for the first time! he was working at Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln..
    that's the first time I met him as well. Got to talk to him for a bit before the show, and he's just another dude that loves Disney, and helps enhance the magic JUST that much more. He had to be A LOT more reserved, well, because it's a reserved show. Second time around I saw him in his "natural habitat" at Tiki, and he was a whole other character. he pulled out the "land called 'fill' joke, and some others, here's a video I got of him when we were in there. He definitely added to the show overall.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGZCujQ61h0]YouTube - Tiki Room with MAYNARD![/ame]

• Hooterville, USA

I've seen Maynard work the parade over by the Opera House too.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast