Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question About Hatbox Ghost

I've been looking online for awhile about the connection from the bride to the Hatbox Ghost and all i could find was that when her heart would beat his head would appear in the basket or visa versa, but is there a deeper story connecting the two of them?

just curious.
    Last edited by RaddaRadda; 08-12-2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: spelling

• Here's my 2 cents

Re: Question About Hatbox Ghost

try doombuggies.com for your answer
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

i was looking there for awhile and found this, "But at one time, she had a suitor, of sorts." so does anyone know any deeper than that, ive been looking at the website for awhile, i knew about doombuggies but i guess skipped over a paragraph like and idoit, but i was able to find that lol.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Yes, Welcome, Foolish Mortals... to DoomBuggies - a Tribute to Disney's Haunted Mansion > Free email, fan forums, multimedia and more... is a good place to look. Jason Surrell also has a book on the subject.

Edit:
    Funny: if you put www. in front of it, it automatically fills in the website headline. I orig put doombuggies.com, it did the rest.
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 08-12-2010 at 05:55 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

according to the book: "In a departure from some of Ken Anderson's early stories, Imagineers did not originally plan to leave the bride stranded at the altar. For a short period of time she did have a groom- the infamous Hatbox Ghost, whose very existence fans have theorized and argued about for years. This sinister groom character did, indeed, exist, but unfortunely for the bride, the honeymoon was over before it could ever begin. "He was originally going to be where the bride is now", Imagineer Tony Baxter explains. "The bride was going to be in the exact opposite corner. In fact, for years, the Doom Buggy turned you directly that way so you could see her, but there was nothing to see because we had moved her to the other end of the attic." "

From Jason Surrell's book, "The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the movies".
    Printed in 2003.
    You can read more in the book.
    P.S.: not easy to type all that on a phone.
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 08-12-2010 at 07:44 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

More from the book: "The Hat Box Ghost just disappeared-the molds, the figure itself, everything, so all we have are photos and renderings."
    The book talks about how the standing ghost head would be illuminated then the lights would switch showing the head in the box. The effect would then be reversed on the next beat of the brides heart.

"Due to the guest proximity to the figure and attic's ambient light, it could never be dark enough for the effect to be truly convincing. The speed at which the Doom Buggies moved by the figure also ensured that there would never be enough time to run the entire gag. It was removed by the time The Haunted Mansion opened to the general public, never to be seen again."

If interested in the Haunted Mansion, I really suggest the book. There's tons more info and pictures in the book.

Paragraphs in "quotes" are directly from the book.
    From Jason Surrell's book, "The Haunted Mansion: From the Magic Kingdom to the movies".
    Printed in 2003.
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 08-12-2010 at 08:06 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

Long-Forgotten: Search results for hatbox ghost

Try this for more in-depth info

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    Long-Forgotten: Search results for hatbox ghost

Try this for more in-depth info
    this website sends you to the book that I quoted and suggested. Also sends you to doombuggies.com
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

thanks, just wanted to know cause my wife loves the bride and i love the story behind the hatbox ghost and the consistent rumor around him. Saw someone dressed up as him and thought it looked great. Had the idea to dress up as him as well and my wife as the bride but wanted to make sure that would make sense in the land of Disney.

• Larger Than (After)Life

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    More from the book: "The Hat Box Ghost just disappeared-the molds, the figure itself, everything, so all we have are photos and renderings."
    Well — that's not entirely true. Not everything disappeared.

This is what remains of my head:

It managed to jump a little father than my hatbox. Look to your right, as your Doombuggy exits the Disneyland Haunted Mansion's graveyard. I pop up, on occasion.

• Minion

^ Wait. That is the exact head that was on the original figure!?

I always thought it was just made from the same mold?

I was told that it was reworked into a pop-up. Since it's the only 3D use of my handsome face in Disneyland's Haunted Mansion and (as was stated a few posts back) no original mold remains, I'm inclined to believe that it's true. Also, Disney loves to recycle. Take Splash Mountain, for example. Its figures were previously inside America Sings.

Since it's the only 3D use of my handsome face in Disneyland's Haunted Mansion and (as was stated a few posts back) no original mold remains, I'm inclined to believe that it's true.
    Prior to Constance, the attic had a few pop-ups with the same face. The skeletal hitchhiker has the same face. Two pop-ups in the graveyard have this face.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyOrangutan View Post
    Prior to Constance, the attic had a few pop-ups with the same face. The skeletal hitchhiker has the same face. Two pop-ups in the graveyard have this face.
    No, the attic pop-ups had faces that differ from the Hatbox Ghost. Ezra's head/face is very similar, however, although I'm not sure that it's exactly the same.

I'm telling you what I know from a very reliable source. Whether you care to believe that it's from the original head or not, there is no disputing that it's the exact, same face with different paint.

I stand corrected. The pop-up I cited is NOT the only 3D use of the same face. There is/was another pop-up made from that mold, but it's a graveyard (not attic) figure. However, my friend still states that the one I cite is reworked from the Hatbox Ghost head. And I am relaying to you what I have been told.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast