Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• ...is busy, please hold.

Re: If "A Bug's Land" was demolished, all of it, what would you like to see there?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    I would like to see an exaptation of Hollywood land! With Disneylandís own version of the great movie ride, a stunt show, and maybe, if thereís enough room, a rocking rollercoaster!
    Quote Originally Posted by TikiGhost View Post
    An expansion of the Hollywood section
    that's just what i was thinking! in my opinion that was the best section of the park!
    1 up for Extreme Backlot sub-section featuring RnRC and that Light Cameras ACTION! stunt show from HS. Hollywoodland can get Great Movie Ride and maybe Roger Rabbit(former roost now Phliairmagic) if Muppets can suck in its gut and move over.
    Don't think of a gun as a weapon.
    Think of it as a third arm that magically
    shoots bullets!

• Infinitized!

Re: If "A Bug's Land" was demolished, all of it, what would you like to see there?

Disney's Great Movie Ride - featuring scenes from popular Disney movies from Treasure Island and 20,000 Leagues under the Sea to National Treasure and TRON: Legacy.

I'd leave out movies that already have their own attractions like Pirates. To really make this one special, come up with a new ride system/experience like at Wizarding World of Harry Potter. And animatronics! Not the cheapo 3D glasses attractions theme parks are doing lately.

• Minion

If those Fantasyland expansion plans involve taking out Toontown, maybe put a new Roger Rabbit ride in California Adventure?
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Artistic integrity

I like both - the Spanish Mission district .. and China Town ideas. Very "Californian".

As long as they are sticking with a California theme .. and the name in the park title ... they should do something that helps to reinforce this theme they are sticking with ... rather than another blatant - toon attempt .. whether it's Disney or Pixar. (Mermaid, Cars)

And if they went with a Spanish Mission idea ... I'd love a 2nd generation El Rio del Tiempo boat ride. (Not a near direct clone, but a updated version where "El Rio.." just serves as an inspiration.)

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    I would want to see the old parking lot....I'm just kidding. While "A Bug's Land" isn't my cup of tea, I find it needed for the age group it is meant for. When I'm with groups with young kids, the kids tend to want to go on those rides. So, unless you build something that aims for that same age group, than I think it's improtant to keep at least Flik's Fun Fair.
    but having a "kiddy" area of the park just dos not seem right for Disney! now granted, there are a fair number of trill rides that kids will not ride, but i don't think the best way to counter that is with rides that the adults wont enjoy! and god knows one of the rides no kid enjoys is its tough to be a bug! the flag ship ride of the area! i think California adventure is moving towards being more family friendly, not "kid friendly" which is what they did with a bugs land, but family friendly which is what Disney was meant to be.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• Minion

>>I'd like some kind of San Francisco representation. Like a Chinatown area and part a Barbary Coast area.<<

I'd definitely like to see these too, but they need to be placed on the Bay (perhaps replacing the Wolfgang Puck and billboards side of Paradise Pier adjacent to the Monterey Wharf area -- or in place of Goofy's Sky School and surroundings).

A Mexican/Spanish area would be a perfectly smooth transition between Hollywood and the desert (Radiator Springs).

• Disney is home

but having a "kiddy" area of the park just dos not seem right for Disney! now granted, there are a fair number of trill rides that kids will not ride, but i don't think the best way to counter that is with rides that the adults wont enjoy! and god knows one of the rides no kid enjoys is its tough to be a bug! the flag ship ride of the area! i think California adventure is moving towards being more family friendly, not "kid friendly" which is what they did with a bugs land, but family friendly which is what Disney was meant to be.
    Flik's Fun Fair really isn't that much space to begin with. Now, besides Flik's Fun Faire, what else could someone under 5 enjoy at California Adventure. This is all I could think of currently: 1. Monsters, 2. Muppets, 3. Tough to Be a Bug (but to be honest, a kid that age most likely wouldn't enjoy it), then of course we have 4. Mickey's Fun Wheel and 5. the Zephyr.

If they were to be able to add more rides before subtracting for this age group, then I can see and agree to use it for something else. Till then, it is important to keep this park open. The list above again is only what I currently can think of, doesn't mean there aren't others.

The list below are some examples of what someone under 5 can enjoy at Disneyland:

1. Snow White, 2. Pinnochio, 3. Peter Pan, 4. Mr. Toad, 5. Dumbo, 6. Casey Jr, 7. Tea Cups, 8. Alice in Wonderland, 9. Story book, 10. It's a Small World, 11. King Arthur's Carousel, 12. Disneyland Train and much, much more.

California Adventure needs Flik's Fun Fair till there are other rides added for that age group.

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Flik's Fun Fair really isn't that much space to begin with. Now, besides Flik's Fun Faire, what else could someone under 5 enjoy at California Adventure. This is all I could think of currently: 1. Monsters, 2. Muppets, 3. Tough to Be a Bug (but to be honest, a kid that age most likely wouldn't enjoy it), then of course we have 4. Mickey's Fun Wheel and 5. the Zephyr.

If they were to be able to add more rides before subtracting for this age group, then I can see and agree to use it for something else. Till then, it is important to keep this park open. The list above again is only what I currently can think of, doesn't mean there aren't others.

The list below are some examples of what someone under 5 can enjoy at Disneyland:

1. Snow White, 2. Pinnochio, 3. Peter Pan, 4. Mr. Toad, 5. Dumbo, 6. Casey Jr, 7. Tea Cups, 8. Alice in Wonderland, 9. Story book, 10. It's a Small World, 11. King Arthur's Carousel, 12. Disneyland Train and much, much more.

California Adventure needs Flik's Fun Fair till there are other rides added for that age group.
    i think we had a misunderstanding. i believe that once adventures redesign is done, which will add at least 4 new rides off the top of my head that kids can enjoy, i believe that there is no need for this land any more. as it stands, i see this land as a necessary evil. oh and you forgot soring over california, as well as toy story midway mania.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• ---------------

I don't mind the show part.

The FP area and its surroundings can go.
    (once you "underground", I'm fine with everything...no need for a long queue line.... the I've never seen it full).
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Minion

DinamiteLand, or Blow It Up Land. Everyone seems to be into a demolish mode recently.
    BUT...yes, BugsLand is sort of sorry. Keep the BugsLand name but get some dark ride with bugs and more bugs and put in too a great looking coaster, loop optional. A smallish restaurant would be nice.

• Senior Minion

You left out Aladdin, Playhouse Disney, King Triton's Carousel, Jumpin' Jellyfish, the Reedwood Creek Challenge Trail and TSMM. Plus very soon TLM, RSR, Luigi's and Mater's. If you added another ride for families in this new land as well as a few more FFF really wouldn't be needed anymore. Nobody is saying that there shouldn't be anything for kids but that is one of the prime areas for future expansion.

• Minion

Native California!

• Disney is home

i think we had a misunderstanding. i believe that once adventures redesign is done, which will add at least 4 new rides off the top of my head that kids can enjoy, i believe that there is no need for this land any more. as it stands, i see this land as a necessary evil. oh and you forgot soring over california, as well as toy story midway mania.
    I think we did too. I'm not praising, was just saying there isn't enough right now for the little folks. Thank you for Toy Story Mania, I did forget that one but left Soarin off due to the height requirement. I think it's 40".

• Disney is home

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    You left out Aladdin, Playhouse Disney, King Triton's Carousel, Jumpin' Jellyfish, the Reedwood Creek Challenge Trail and TSMM. Plus very soon TLM, RSR, Luigi's and Mater's. If you added another ride for families in this new land as well as a few more FFF really wouldn't be needed anymore. Nobody is saying that there shouldn't be anything for kids but that is one of the prime areas for future expansion.
    I'm talking about kids that are under 5. There are some attractions that have height requirements such as Jumpy Jelly fish. I think Redwood Creek is a little too big for most (not all) kids in that age group. I definitely did forget Triton's Carousel and I guess I left Playhouse Disney off cause it's more of a Stage Show but it is geared towards that age group, so it should be counted.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    >>I'd like some kind of San Francisco representation. Like a Chinatown area and part a Barbary Coast area.<<

I'd definitely like to see these too, but they need to be placed on the Bay (perhaps replacing the Wolfgang Puck and billboards side of Paradise Pier adjacent to the Monterey Wharf area -- or in place of Goofy's Sky School and surroundings).

A Mexican/Spanish area would be a perfectly smooth transition between Hollywood and the desert (Radiator Springs).
    I completely agree about the Spanish area making a smoother transition there. But I don't think there is any space around Paradise Bay to do the SF concept justice. I definitely understand the desire to have water around, but I think some clever theming could add more of a feeling of being near a large body of water with placement of smaller water features. That's why I'd rather see the larger space that could be made fully into this theme used.

If I could do what I wanted, I would actually have a representation of all those aspects, which I have talked about before. I would build a small Spanish style area that transitioned into Carsland from the end of the Carthay, south to Mater's and east to around the current entrance of FFF. I would consider this area part of a the new land El Camino Real, which would also include the Winery and Pacific Wharf.

Then as you moved further east, you would enter the Barbary Coast area. Then the remaining parking lot area would be Chinatown. The whole area would be one SF themed land, maybe called Golden Bay or The City, with these two areas. There would be some kind of hub area in the current FFF area, (Within the Barbary Coast area) which would connect to Carsland, Chinatown and Hollywoodland.

The end of the Red Car Route would be in this hub as well. Then I would add a Cable Car line to match the Red Cars which would start in Chinatown, have a stop in this new hub, then turn south and follow the old backstage road sloping down to pass below Route 66 in a tunnel and then coming back up and ending in Pacific Wharf. This would help thematically and physically tie the SF area with Pacific Wharf and enable guests to travel on one of the two typed of vehicles through most of the park.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast