Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: If "A Bug's Land" was demolished, all of it, what would you like to see there?

An actual tribut to the Central Valley instead of calling us all farmer okies....maybe a functional small scale Dairy or something.....

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Re: If "A Bug's Land" was demolished, all of it, what would you like to see there?

what if we added a twilight zone maze? to compete with universals house of horrors! just an idea, not a very good one, but just throwing it out there.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

^ No Disney isn't scary enough to compete for the audience uni gets with hhn
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaDee View Post
    ^ No Disney isn't scary enough to compete for the audience uni gets with hhn
    yah, i have some ideas for how Disney could do walk though attractions and not be scary, but i do agree with you, its not the best idea, i was just throwing it out there.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    An actual tribut to the Central Valley instead of calling us all farmer okies....maybe a functional small scale Dairy or something.....
    YES! Central Valley represent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• ironically Otaku

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears_Rock View Post
    YES! Central Valley represent!
    no offense, but what attractions could you put there?
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Spanish Mission area, please, with stuff about the history, musicians, a nice sit down restaurant "indoor/outdoors" like the Blue Bayou, and a Zorro dark ride/coaster hybrid with actual AA's at the start, and a fast ride 'on horseback' through the California hills at night, and featuring a simulated earthquake.

• ironically Otaku

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Spanish Mission area, please, with stuff about the history, musicians, a nice sit down restaurant "indoor/outdoors" like the Blue Bayou, and a Zorro dark ride/coaster hybrid with actual AA's at the start, and a fast ride 'on horseback' through the California hills at night, and featuring a simulated earthquake.
    i think a Zorro stunt show would work better then a dark ride, a coaster might work, or maybe a "horse and buggies" ride using the test track system. and yes a simulated earthquake would be epic!!!!
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    This please

• Minion

>>Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond
    Spanish Mission area, please, with stuff about the history, musicians, a nice sit down restaurant "indoor/outdoors" like the Blue Bayou, and a Zorro dark ride/coaster hybrid with actual AA's at the start, and a fast ride 'on horseback' through the California hills at night, and featuring a simulated earthquake.<<

Great idea! This plus a colorful Three Caballeros boat ride ala WDW with Mary Blair style tile murals on the exterior.

And before anyone says "they don't have the theme park rights to Zorro anymore" --- the rights are surely available to re-obtain. Zorro is the ultimate "legendary hero" of California. His presence would add a resonant dimension of the "timeless" and "legendary" to the park - - not to mention a traditional Walt Disney vibe. Also - - Zorro is still very popular with our tourist friends from south of the border and honors our state's Hispanic heritage.
    Last edited by merlinjones; 08-14-2010 at 04:52 PM.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    >>Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond
    Spanish Mission area, please, with stuff about the history, musicians, a nice sit down restaurant "indoor/outdoors" like the Blue Bayou, and a Zorro dark ride/coaster hybrid with actual AA's at the start, and a fast ride 'on horseback' through the California hills at night, and featuring a simulated earthquake.<<

Great idea! This plus a colorful Three Caballeros boat ride ala WDW with Mary Blair style tile murals on the exterior.

And before anyone says "they don't have the theme park rights to Zorro anymore" --- the rights are surely available to re-obtain. Zorro is the ultimate "legendary hero" of California. His presence would add a resonant dimension of the "timeless" and "legendary" to the park - - not to mention a traditional Walt Disney vibe. Also - - Zorro is still very popular with our tourist friends from south of the border and honors our state's Hispanic heritage.
    How about a omnimover themed to California history hosted by the Three Caballeros, starting in the Carthay and then using the ITTBAB building as a show building. Then they could do a Zorro boat ride basically using a lot of Bugs Land and some of the backstage area, so the back of that building was as close to the back of the Animation building as possible. That would still leave room for a themed path area along the south edge of BL as well as all of the remaining parking lot (except for the area left for CL expansion) for an SF themed area.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I would love to see something like this.

its too bad that Mater junkyard will be built where part of tthe bountiful valley is. Bugsland,FFF and bountiful valley would have been a nice piece of land that could have connected with the wharf area and vineyard nicely as a San Francisco area.

Mater should have really been built with the main potion of Carsland. I still think that the main Icon being built in the middle of the RSR west turn should have been designed to be hollow with a large showroom inside. that showroom could have been used for an inside version of Maters. Imagine the lighting that they could have used. The environment could have changed from day to night and it would have been fantastic
    I really would have prefered they had done it this way as well. But I still think they can make it work even with the location of Mater's. It makes sense in the short term to do what they did, it matches the movie better and will work ok as a transitional area. But in the long term it would have left more room to work with for future changes and probably made Mater's a more interesting attraction. I also think it would have been a big engineering challenge to make the center of the butte open, but I think they could have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    Another interesting question is, if Bug's Land were to be replaced by a new land, would ITTBAB be kept? It's arguably the most successful and popular of the existing land, but it's theme makes it tough to put just anywhere.
    The main problem with the land right now is that the main attraction (ITTBAB) is separated from the supporting rides (FFF).

They should take a couple of rides from FFF and put them near the ITTBAB entrance, making a much-smaller but more cohesive a bug's land.

I think that would also fit well with Cars Land - the relocated bug rides would be right next to Mater's. So on one side, Heimlich, Flik's Flyers, and ITTBAB. On the other side, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree and the entrance to Cars Land.

The effect is that the two lands would come together into a sort of "Pixar flat ride zone," while each ride would still be explicitly in its proper land.

And the current FFF space would be free for something new.

I was never a big fan of FFF anyway. The concept is fine, and it's a fairly nice area, but the scale is so ridiculously inconsistent that intended illusion just doesn't work.
    Last edited by SimpTwister; 08-14-2010 at 06:21 PM.

• will-o-the-whip

There's some nice ideas here for a California theme based land, but I doubt Disney will touch any of that. Instead I'd expect a land based on a movie like we're getting with Carsland so they can sell more merch.

hmmm maybe meet the robinsonsland or finding nemoland or just another movie based land would be cool...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast