Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• See you there!

What is “Going to Disneyland”?

To each of us something different comes to mind when we hear the phrase “I'm going to Disneyland”.

What is “Going to Disneyland”? (to you)

Is it opening the park and rushing from attraction to attraction?

Maybe opening the park, rushing from attraction to attraction, then closing the park at closing time?

Is it just getting there when you do and maybe going on one or two favorites?

Is it just being there, just walking around?

Is it just being there and and maybe having a snack or a meal?

How about just going for a snack/meal and some favorite entertainment? (fireworks, parade, or what-not)

edit: I guess I forgot (sorry). What about the vacation planners? Those who only go once a year, or maybe once every several years. How do you see the park. Is it relaxed, or rush, rush, rusn (as the saying goes "Disney commando style")?

Going to Disneyland is different for each of us. For me (on a Sunday) it is just being there maybe a snack or a meal, and visiting with friends. In the last four times I’ve been, I’ve only been on one ride, and only one time during one visit. So for me it the rides are not the most important, it is just the place, just being in Walts little Park is what I like.

Oh yeah, it also used to be going for a meal on Saturday evening then dancing at the Carnation Plaza Gardens and visiting with friends, but, well, things change, so if my wife and I go Saturday evening it is just listening to the music (wonderful Big Band sounds, the greatest music ever IMHO) and visiting with friends, but we still enjoy Saturday evening at Disneyland

How about you?

What is "Going to Disneyland"?

CU@DL

Andy
    Last edited by CUatDL; 11-12-2005 at 08:27 AM.

• UH..LIKE DUH..

Re: What is “Going to Disneyland”?

adding about 800 bucks to my visa bill.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Just today it was hit the park for lunch (Village Haus), check out Santa's Reindeer Round-Up and buy decorate-yourself-holiday cookie packages (Mickey Santa sugar cookies) for my niece & nephew to go.
    And out within 3 hour DTD parking rate...
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Quality not quantity

Humm a thought provoking question...

In the past I've always been the kamakazi do it all in a day or die trying type of visitor. Once I even did the two parks in two hours, but that's a story for another day....

I'm very much looking forward to my next trip. If all goes to plan I hope to take some time out to smell the roses and have a unique get together with some friends. It will be a very different experience.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Still wants to be a cat!

Today....playing Santa for the Wolfette. Plus taking photos of the new Christmas Trees, Reindeer and my newly installed Brick!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    Today....playing Santa for the Wolfette. Plus taking photos of the new Christmas Trees, Reindeer and my newly installed Brick!
    Cool you got your brick Wolfy!

I would have to say strolling down Main Street as I gaze at the Buildings, and as I look at all the windows seeing if there are any changes. Quite honestly a great place to escape.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• =)

For me, a visit to Disneyland is a vacation to an alternate reality, where my old memories mingle with all the new and my entire family has a great time. The amount of memories I have invested in Disneyland goes beyond reason. The rides are enjoyable, partly because of their inherent entertainment value, and partly because of the memories of the rides.

So my enjoyment of Disneyland relies both on the fond memories and the actual entertainment value. A Disneyland filled with only memories would be a bittersweet museum; a Disneyland filled only with constant, sterile entertainment would be dead.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Fighting traffic on the 5.
    YAY!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Sex Panther made by Odeon

Usually it means that I'm braging to somebody else that I am going to disneyland and their not, jealousy usually follows, like Martha Stewart would say, it's a good thing! Also I really feel like I'm at Disneyland when I spot the Matterhorn, when I was a kid we would make it a game, who could spot it first, good times!
    Great Odin's raven!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I only wish that I lived close enough to say "I will see you at Disneyland" or "I am going to Disneyland. As I sit here in Chicago, enjoying an evening with my grandson and having fun on MiceChat, I wish I were planning a trip to Disneyland.

So for me "Going to Disneyland" is a very special event. It means spending a good amount of money and making a lot of plans. You see when you live so far away, from a magical place like Disneyland , you get more excited about the little things. Thankfully, after reading so much on MiceChat before I made my first trip there I experienced many of the special little things.

The beauty of the esplanade. the entrance tunnel, and its sign. The Firehouse light. Walt's picture in the BabyCare Center. I have so many memories of so many moments that were planned and not planned.

Walking by ThunderMountain Trail, I believe it is called that (if not, I aplologize) as Tinkerbelle flew over was one, I did not plan. She was so close, I felt I coul touch her. Another was getting to ride the Ward Kimball. It meant the world to me, as I am a big Jiminy Cricket Fan.

There is the usual joy of the theme parks. The rides, the characters, the castle, the food, the people. Having a silouhette done in the Silouhette Shop.

Disneyland is far away. So when I visited for the first time, I had to capture as much magic as I could. I had to appreciate what I saw, and not force the emotion. I had to allow the park to entice me. I had to slow down and just enjoy. I had to appreciate the bustling around and not get too caught up in it so I didn't miss what is right there in front of your eyes.

What is that? Walt Disney's dream. People are living it everyday. Some people get to experience it more often than others. My memories are fresh in my mind.

Oh my vacation wasn't perfect. No one's really is. As long as Disneyland stands, there is more magic to be had. I just wish I could say today. I am "Going to Disneyland" and point to the calendar and know exactly when.

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

Its my happy place!

• Why do you keep talking?

Being from a family not as well off as one would like, we would only make a trip out to DL every few years. It was always the "rush rush rush to do as much as you can in one day" type of thing since we didn't live THAT far from it (about an "Hour") and never spent more then a day there.

There are still tons of things I haven't managed to do yet since I'm not able to go nearly as much as I want (still working on a license AND a job) but everytime I go, it's as special as someone who lives much farther away, It's still very special since I don't get to go often. It's great!
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

If I am going with friends we usually start at the lost bar (usually around 7pm) We drink until we are pleasantly tipsy then head over to DCA (if it happens to be a time of year when it is open that late). After losing our buzz on Tower of Terror we have a beer at the beer cart inide the park. We then head over to Disneyland in time to see Remember and have a coffee and maybe ride anything that does not have an obsene line.
    If I am going by myself, I like to take in the scenery and visit those rare corners of the park that are as I remember them from my childhood. I will usually have a dole whip while sitting by the haunted mansion, then ride it. I try to fit in some of the classic attractions. I then proceed to spend massive ammounts of money on merchandise that I sell on ebay to people who are willing to pay alot more than me on it. this supports my shopping habbit and gives me extra money to buy a few special things for myself. Life is good!

• CM for 4 years!

GOING TO WORK

And getting yelled at for hours by guests who don't know how to plan their vacations.

A day trip is still a vacation, okay!!

Oh, and magic. But only if I'm going with people, and I still see that twinkle in their eyes.

Oh, and also cute coworkers.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Banned User

To me "going to Disneyland" means I'm going to see my friends and forget all about school and everything else going on in my life. I'm going to hang out with my close friends, be piggybacked by someone at some point, take tons of pictures especially with characters, and have a great time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast